Maruti Suzuki Ingis Delta: Adding Speakers To Stock Headunit

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

I have got Ignis Delta AMT (Aug 2018) mfg model, and it has got only 2 speakers on front doors, whereas ignis zeta has got 4 speakers on all 4 doors (with same headunit), i want to keep same headunit and add 2 more speakers to rear door. For this i need to know the per channel output of stock headunit which is made by panasonic automotive systems asia pacific co ltd made in thailand, the model no. CQ-JZ06G5NT and i have also attached a photo. I need specification sheet and advise for adding two more speakers. Have sent msg to Panasonic Thailand for details, but doubt if they will assist me or not.

I have following options;

1) Add 2 speakers to rear door. (suggest speaker brand)
2) Shift front speakers to rear door and add new speakers to front door (suggest speaker brand) (considering i am driver and i only will be driving the car)
3) Change all 4 speakers to new and scrap the stock 2 speakers.

I am happy with the headunit features and remote steering controls integration system, also have fixed a dashcam screen which acts as reverse camera screen also, so i dont feel any need to change the head unit to a fancy touchscreen or so. I just need to know specs of headunit so that i can decide on a good speaker which can utilise the headunit fully.

on viewing a youtube video i found infitnity reference series speakers to be of good quality and they can even sound good on the stock head unit output.

Attachments

Dear Friends,

I have got Ignis Delta AMT (Aug 2018) mfg model, and it has got only 2 speakers on front doors, whereas ignis zeta has got 4 speakers on all 4 doors (with same headunit), i want to keep same headunit and add 2 more speakers to rear door. For this i need to know the per channel output of stock headunit which is made by panasonic automotive systems asia pacific co ltd made in thailand, the model no. CQ-JZ06G5NT and i have also attached a photo. I need specification sheet and advise for adding two more speakers. Have sent msg to Panasonic Thailand for details, but doubt if they will assist me or not.
Keeping the same headunit is a good option, i have done this twice in my cars.
plus the advantages of steering controls.

1) Add 2 speakers to rear door. (suggest speaker brand)
Definitely add 4 speakers ( Front & Rear) for uniform and clear sound in the car
Focal / Hertz / Pioneer / Sony / Boston
Try to listen to the demo of various brands to shortlist a perfect brand/model according to your taste.
2) Shift front speakers to rear door and add new speakers to front door (suggest speaker brand) (considering i am driver and i only will be driving the car)
I would advise not to do this.
I had done this in my previous car(Front was Component) and the output was not balanced and the sound from front was always more prominent, making the rear company speakers non-existent.
3) Change all 4 speakers to new and scrap the stock 2 speakers.
This is the best option.
I guess for better output you install a good quality 4 channel Amplifier with good pair of speakers in the Front and Rear.

All the best

any suggestions from maruti website
Accessories plan to get from maruti itself
Why from Maruti, if you are going for MS accessories solely due to the warranty loss issue then dont worry.
Aftermarket will give you better prices & products without hampering your Warranty.
Nowadays most company speakers in the aftermarket are Plug n Play type, no cutting wires at all.
I had taken a demo of the Hertz speakers from MS, but the sound effect after installation in one of their car was nowhere close to the job done by the technicians in the market.

Thread Starter #5
Why from Maruti, if you are going for MS accessories solely due to the warranty loss issue then dont worry.
Aftermarket will give you better prices & products without hampering your Warranty.
Nowadays most company speakers in the aftermarket are Plug n Play type, no cutting wires at all.
I had taken a demo of the Hertz speakers from MS, but the sound effect after installation in one of their car was nowhere close to the job done by the technicians in the market.
Thanks i will go to outer market itself then.

Get two aftermarket speakers for the rear. I did the same with my new Ignis Delta, though I also changed the head unit with a Sony touchscreen. Only downside is the media buttons on steering work, but the calling buttons cannot be mapped. I have to receive calls via the touchscreen now.

Top Bottom