Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Interesting Innovation

Why do people feel Ignis is overpriced? If I compare base model of Ignis with WagonR lxi ABS, you get more GC, extra cylinder and better dynamics for only 10k extra. Haven't compared higher variants, since am interested in only base.

Am I missing something?

The Ritz was much better to see than this eye soar. Ritz was not selling well, so , in order to fool the customer, make a car that is worse than Ritz and call it premium.Logic of MSIL.The only plus point is , it comes with ABS and Airbags.
I feel happy since I am still using Ritz happily.The car so far offered no problem and moves like knife in butter slab. I won't change the car even if I buy a new one I would keep this car till parts support is available. Since Swift runs in full swing I don't think parts will be problem for Ritz.[clap]

I feel happy since I am still using Ritz happily.The car so far offered no problem and moves like knife in butter slab. I won't change the car even if I buy a new one I would keep this car till parts support is available. Since Swift runs in full swing I don't think parts will be problem for Ritz.[clap]
True bro and whatever the car be. Reselling a car is always a headache and requires lot of time and you​ have to deal with n number of negotiations. IMO keeping for longer term is always better as car depreciates very fast. Inshort selling a car is a headache.

Why do people feel Ignis is overpriced? If I compare base model of Ignis with WagonR lxi ABS, you get more GC, extra cylinder and better dynamics for only 10k extra. Haven't compared higher variants, since am interested in only base.

Am I missing something?
Ignis is not NEXA's answer for WagonR. It is NEXA's answer for Swift! And this is what bugging us! While top-end may seem cheaper, but top-end Ignis is 6.69(e.x) vs ZXI @ 6.4(e.x). While I agree ABS + 2 Airbags standard is good, what else can it beat when compares to Swift. Swift rides well, have awesome ride and FTD factor. But Ignis is nowhere as much fun as Swift(going by various reviews). Interiors are nothing premium, and space is not at premium and there is nothing premium about Ignis. If it is introduced in MSIL, I guess it would have been priced much lower than Swift for sure.

For every man, has his own taste!!

The one mistake I repent. I should not have sold my Ritz. Just because it was old and driven more than 60K Kms, I sold it.[frustration]

Ok got it. So most are comparing top end variants of Ignis with swift. Agree thats overpriced. May be Maruti will launch 2017 swift with more jacked up price.

However if we compare base variant of Ignis with WagonR or swift then it does seem value for money

Yeah, had looked at benefits. But was not sure if these are genuine.

Initially thought this was for Ignis only. Now checked they are showing it for all

Ignis may not be the best VFM overall but considering the calibration of AMT, can we say that Ignis AMT is the best AMT car available at the moment today below 10L segment?
I kind of agree with that statement and I am looking for comments from others as well.
I am comparing with the Tiago AMT (XZA variant), Kwid AMT and Celerio AMT - those seemed to have more lag than the Ignis. Overall given the 4 Cylinder engine, I felt the AMT Experience in the Ignis is better than the other cars called out.

Of course the Torque converter of the Grand i10 is superior at a similar price point but then its not an Apples to Apples comparison as that is not an AMT and the mileage would be a dud on the i10.

I kind of agree with that statement and I am looking for comments from others as well.
I am comparing with the Tiago AMT (XZA variant), Kwid AMT and Celerio AMT - those seemed to have more lag than the Ignis. Overall given the 4 Cylinder engine, I felt the AMT Experience in the Ignis is better than the other cars called out.

Of course the Torque converter of the Grand i10 is superior at a similar price point but then its not an Apples to Apples comparison as that is not an AMT and the mileage would be a dud on the i10.
All the cars you have mentioned is 3 cylinder whereas Ignis is a 4 cylinder one. No wonder AMT response it great.

Can any Ignis owners please confirm if Ignis backseat is as wide as Wagon R or less?

I was following Ignis from behind in my WagonR and Ignis rear seat felt much narrow from outside.

Top Bottom