Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Interesting Innovation

Thread Starter #31

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash1886
Pros & Cons list would have made the review "A Complete Review".
That was a determined and deliberate move FD. After detailing all aspects, again mentioning plus and minus would have made review slightly repetitive. Still, noted your point as you are never satisfied[:D].

But nevertheless, a great, detailed review. Kudos to that!
And cheers to that!

Bhai, ek suggestion! please try to break the long post into paragraphs so that it will be easy to read for old guys like me!
I believe your power and torque delivery has begun to show signs of reduction. Get yourself serviced asap at nearest ASC (clinic)[evil]

Is there any salesgirls who gave demo of Ignis?
Well, oldies never seek such worldly pleasures and you are a self claimed one!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
How does back seat space of Ignis compare with WagonR ? I am contemplating replacing my WagonR. Initial thought was to go for Tigor, but it feels overpriced. Recently saw Ignis in person and looked bit unique. Also base variant comes with Abs and Airbag.

Just wondering if it's as spacious at back as Wagon R, if not more. On paper width is more by almost few cms

Thanks

Baleno base model is almost 90k costly then Ignis base model onroad costs.
Also, I keep getting back pain. Believe Baleno has low seating vs Ignis which has upright seating like WagonR

Thread Starter #39

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Baleno base model is almost 90k costly then Ignis base model onroad costs.
Also, I keep getting back pain. Believe Baleno has low seating vs Ignis which has upright seating like WagonR
You may also keep KUV1OO as an option. Reason I am not really interested in suggesting Ignis is that, apart from it's odd looks, its too overpriced for the segment and lacks space. In this price you can consider many other options too.

Regards

Akash

How does back seat space of Ignis compare with WagonR ? I am contemplating replacing my WagonR. Initial thought was to go for Tigor, but it feels overpriced. Recently saw Ignis in person and looked bit unique. Also base variant comes with Abs and Airbag.

Just wondering if it's as spacious at back as Wagon R, if not more. On paper width is more by almost few cms

Thanks
How about the new Grand i10/Tiago/Tigor/Figo! All have good petrol engines, every one has their own ups and moreoever, they all feel a lot better than quirky Ignis! (No offense).

Not to hurt anyone's feeling, but this is simply overpriced Ritz and it is ambitiously priced for what it offers. Add that to not-so-cool embossed Entertainment system, there is nothing better in terms of the money it is asking for.

Why not try Swift? It is a much better car than Ignis which carries the same engine and offers better ride quality than Ignis(I haven't driven Ignis, but taking this from reviews from TAI & T-BHP).

Finally, whenever I see Ignis, it reminds me of this quote.

Am not sure on highway stability of kuv100. From the sideview looks scary. Besides the petrol mileage seems pretty low.

Ignis base model is around 10k more than Wagon R lxi ABS with more or less similar features. Ofcourse Wagon R has discounts so on road difference would be around 40k.

Tiago XT(o) comes with similar price and more features minus ABS. How does it compare with WagonR or Ignis in terms of space?

Figo, swift with safety packs are all costlier.

My budget is around 6lac. Am not nterested in any fancy features, just looking for safety features. Hence considering lowest models with safety pack.

Tiago XT(o) comes with similar price and more features minus ABS. How does it compare with WagonR or Ignis in terms of space?
Space is less than WagonR (Legroom and Headroom). But it does have well cushioned and contoured seats.

How about the new Grand i10/Tiago/Tigor/Figo! All have good petrol engines, every one has their own ups and moreoever, they all feel a lot better than quirky Ignis! (No offense).

Not to hurt anyone's feeling, but this is simply overpriced Ritz and it is ambitiously priced for what it offers. Add that to not-so-cool embossed Entertainment system, there is nothing better in terms of the money it is asking for.

Why not try Swift? It is a much better car than Ignis which carries the same engine and offers better ride quality than Ignis(I haven't driven Ignis, but taking this from reviews from TAI & T-BHP).

Finally, whenever I see Ignis, it reminds me of this quote.

You nailed it bro with that picture. Simply hillarious.
@vendetta, Haven't tried Ignis but should be similar to Tiago in space. Wagon R is pretty small and a strict 4 seater due to being too narrow and a small boot. Not sure about new kuv100 but older batches had terribly low FE (6-9 in city). Heard Mahindra improved that but not sure how much.

Last edited:
The Ritz was much better to see than this eye soar. Ritz was not selling well, so , in order to fool the customer, make a car that is worse than Ritz and call it premium.Logic of MSIL.The only plus point is , it comes with ABS and Airbags. After seeing this car, I sarted loving my Celerio. If I get those fender extensions and side skirts, I will call my Celerio also premium. [frustration]

The Ritz was much better to see than this eye soar. Ritz was not selling well, so , in order to fool the customer, make a car that is worse than Ritz and call it premium.Logic of MSIL.The only plus point is , it comes with ABS and Airbags. After seeing this car, I sarted loving my Celerio. If I get those fender extensions and side skirts, I will call my Celerio also premium. [frustration]
Yes absolutely true the rear end of IGNIS looks like an autorikshaw very poor designing better was the ritz design.

Top Bottom