Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1
Dear Colleagues:

Below are the details of the modifications done on my Ignis Car. I am from Chennai and will post detailed review.

For time being will post the name of shop and the price that i got the work done along with Photos and reviews will follow later:

Door Side Beading / Side Cladding from Variety Auto Accessories, KG Complex, GP Road, Chennai for Rs.1850/- + Rs.60/- fitting charge.
Review: Fitting is not perfect, at side edges it has come out, need to get a fevi quick and make the edge of 1-2 cladding make it perfect fit to door. Quality wise product looks good. maybe before installation i should have invested on a further good quality 3M tape and then done a perfect installation.

Ignis Side Bumper
Full floor mat - black color , from Premium 5 Car Accessories, Vanuvampet, Nanganallur Chennai for Rs.1300/- including fitting and all.
Review: Product is as per price, however fitting is not very good, and material is thick not that much flexible, better to spend some 2-3K and do good job once for all. This was just cut cut and paste from a roll sheet, it is recommended to get a flexible already precut to your cars dimension and tightly fitted to your car.
Ignis Full Floor Matting

Jun Sun DVR - From Aliexpress Rs.4600/- odd + 50/- rs odd forex charges All the links and detailed video given in youtube channel. Product is really good for the price.
Junsun DVR - YouTube

Will keep on updating this post little by little. All the shops can be googled and have their place in google maps.

Thread Starter #5
Dear Friends,

This is my experience of Fixing Speakers to my Ignis Delta AMT at Nexa after 4 months of purchase of Vehicle and i would request you to fully read it and understand the pros and cons. IF you dont have time please read the tips:

Ignis delta already has wiring & connectors at rear door for speaker installation. Stock Speaker in front door was Nippon Part No. 39102M74LA1 costing around Rs.1000/-
Nippon speakers have punchy bass and less treble, whereas sony had mix of bass and treble , Bass was less punchy, dont know reason may be stock unit not enough powerful to bringout the punch in the special speakers xsfb162e. Not advised to install from Nexa if it is too much trouble as i had to face, can buy connectors and get it installed from nearby shops. Nexa needs to improve a lot on the selling of accessories no proper response provided to customer and neither is whole catalogue / price list shared with customer, they themselves stock 1-2 varieties and dont give customers option.

I did seem to miss out the presence of rear speakers and was thinking whether to get the speakers from Nexa or from after market shops. Also i needed to confirm 100% that Ignis delta had already provision of rear speakers wiring in the rear doors. Last time when i enquired with Nexa accessories Porur, they gave me only option of costly speakers, i googled and then found maruti mga website wherein we can see and buy accessories which was very good and i found that Sony JVC brands manufacture their products for MGA also. Below are the three speakers which i shortlisted
and sent email to my dealers service centre manager for demo and availability of the speakers.
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/more-f...ine-accessories/accessories/990j0m66le3-030 s - 2205/-

990J0M74LE3-020 - 2295/-

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/more-f...ine-accessories/accessories/990j0m74le3-030 s - 1650/-

Out of which dealer only had the sony xsfb162e and told on my confirmation they can book order, i replied i need demo to which they told that demo is available at porur service centre. Today i went to Porur Service Centre and after 10-15 mins i am told that they have to go to yard where they fix all accessories, that yard is 5 km further from service station and as it is a yard no female can go / does go there, all new cars just lie in dust and before delivery get washed, buffed, cleaned, accessorised and moved to showroom for delivery. From my house to porur service station it is 9 kms . I was like not happy with it but then thought since i have come so far lets finish it, at yard they only had sony xsfb162e and xsfb162m speakers at 2295/- and other they had was alpine which was component and costly. I had read good reviews of xsfb162e in amazon as it was best selling speaker and was being sold at 1400 rs only but i had to deal with installation and warranties so just decided to go with Nexa. Demo was not available so i decided lets just get the speaker fixed, since i am driver i wanted punchy bass to be in front seats, and so asked them to move stock speakers from front to rear and then fix new speakers in front. They didnt fix spacer or anything in front directly screwed the speaker to the metal door frame as it was 6.5 in speaker. installation was hardly a 15 min job, which i feel they could have done at service centre or showroom itself, but seems my dealer (owner who owns showroom + service centres) wants to save on manpower. Came back to service centre and as bill was not ready i was told to swipe card for Rs.2205/- and bill will be sent by email. As the speakers were manufactured by Sony for Maruti they came with the connectors and it was just a plug and play job no cutting of wires were done. Same box of normal sony speakers with sticker of MGA. IF you buy from outside you need to invest on a connector or shopkeeper should use a connector rather than cut / strip wires. Treble is more noticed in sony speakers and bass is more punchy in nippon stock speakers. Together the set up now sounds good, but i am disappointed as to how the headunit can run the bass on nippon better than the bass on sony, seems headunit not powerful enough to run bass on sony?? something to do with sensitivity of the speakers??? Maybe. I dont plan to change the headunit ever. But let this be a guide for anyone looking to upgrade speakers on their Ignis. Did lot of tests on sound files with only front / only back speakers using fader and final outcome is sony has got bass & treble and nippon has got raw punchy bass.

Hi,
I wanted to install the puddle lamps which comes on the alpha variant ignis on my zeta variant. does the door wiring harness of zeta already have a connection for it ? so that i can just connect the puddle lamp wiring to the stock wiring harness and power the puddle lamps ?

I own a delta amt 2022 ignis .i bought puddle lamps and wiring from boodmo. but not couplers were there in front doors for lamps. i need to figure out the wiring. The door switches are directly given to BCM so i am feared of grounding through door switch. we can take out connection from doom lamp wiring but both lights will litup when we open any door.. any one can help...? is there any way to get service manual of ignis or anyone having part number?. it will be very helpful

Top Bottom