Maruti Suzuki Gypsy: Technical Queries & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

well i know you guys will think here we go again this guy again started another spam thread . This one is last time i am creating thread this type

As ilango suggested me to go for Gypsy so here i go little query

Engine
That's the heart of car without good engine car is nothing .
so wanted to know if i buy any 2003+ mpifi engine which might have clocked 40+ . what life can i expect from it . I really going to mechanic every few week . At what KM i need to do overhaul and what would be cost of it .

Suspension
this will be my daily ride so suspension is major problem for me .

right now after lot of searching i found that there are only two ways to make its suspension better

1. CF leaf which would cost me around 20k for front and rear but i am getting lot of -ve about front CF leaf getting crack

Composites Leaf Springs for Cars and Vans - Detailed info for Composites Leaf Springs for Cars and Vans,auto parts,Composites Leaf Springs for Cars and Vans, on Alibaba.com

2. Old Man Emu suspension might cost me around 65k for complete set which include
1) 4 Leaf spring pack
2) 4 Shock absorbers
3) 1 Steering damper
4) Complete polyurethane bush kit

4X4 | Home

I have heard lot of +ve review of it . My mind is saying go for these one .

Body

This is main thing i need to careful as car would see regular dirty water thanks to natural swimming pool in our factory area [lol]

so if a car is 5-6 years old what thing should i need to do so that car won't split into 2 after 1-2 years thanks lot of water

if i have forgot any thing please mention it .

thank you,
Master Squall

Note to Mod : please don't remove or move it please .

Re: Again another gypsy query

Search for king. it must be king for sure.

1.3L engine is good one , though some rally spec have 1.6L But not needed at this stage .

First get a proper documented car.

then check its body.

since body work long time than engine works.

an good maintained gypsy engine must last more than 1.6 to 2L kms.

The bumpy ride is a free offer that you get with gypsy.
you have additional feature such as arm power steering. (Reduce the gym cost!)

But still , believe me , a gypsy will be fun to drive .

Check the chassis first. it should look original , no sagging etc.

A neatly done up gypsy with ac and power steering will add some points to you.

If you are that particular about the suspensions , check step by step. first install cf springs in front and then in rear.

Thread Starter #3

i found a 2004 gypsy has completed 58k and have all the papers . i haven't looked it but person who told me in morning that its in good condition . He is asking 2.4L

if i install all things
1. power steering = 20k
2. AC = 30k
3. suspension =20k(CF) or 55k(OME)
4. Seat = Innova(6k second hand) or tavera(4k second hand )

any idea how much will heat insulation will cost :/
any thing else i forgot

i think total damage might go upto 4L but after its time for king to Rule

AMG

Suspended

Dont go in for the AC

Well hard top ruins the looks.
And it doesnt really insulate well.

AMG

Suspended

We bikers do that everyday,and some even do it with all the gear, and to be honest, I havent seen a biker look like fried chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7

We bikers do that everyday,and some even do it with all the gear, and to be honest, I havent seen a biker look like fried chicken.
I just joking you took it serious. I too have driven Scooter for 2 years before upgrading to safari so I know how heat,rain and winter feel lway and still drive my 12 years old Scooter.

I have no problem driving without AC but if we have option then why not use it unless it will damage car some way.

If still I hurt your feeling then I am very sorry

Maruti Gypsy Suspension work

I just bought a new Maruti Gypsy King in Pune. Can somebody please suggest a workshop/mechanic in Pune who can improve the suspension of new Gypsy as it is very hard.

please suggest me ways to improve suspensions in Gypsy King it bumps a lot thankyou
I wish if it could be modified to feel like modern cars with coil shocks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com

please suggest me ways to improve suspensions in Gypsy King it bumps a lot thankyou
Usually more leafs can be added to the current suspension to reduce some % of bumps

Thing is Gypsy is a hardcore off-roading machine, you have to take this up with a good mechanic in your city who has knowledge about modifiying it.

Welcome to TAI, which part of Nepal are you from?

Regarding your query, try and get hold of composite fiber leaf springs, with adjustable shocks, am sure these will improve the bumpiness to a large extent, @SMVijayan has modified his Gypsy, have a look http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...84-maruti-suzuki-gypsy-my-little-samurai.html and post this query to him, for his opinion.

Top Bottom