Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Serene Blue – My Dream “LUV” comes home !!

Thread Starter #46
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Serene Blue – Review of my Dream “LUV” !!

Sorry friends for not responding for some days, as there was some network problem here.
Dear starpp, sureshem, DrRG, respect rules, willy,
As regards the 2 din music system, the person who did it for me had asked me not to disclose anything to avoid spoiling his relationship with the dealership. I tried a lot to dodge the question just to protect him and also was afraid of the warrantee issue, as the fitting of the head unit was done unofficially.
But looking at the keen interest of you fellow members of this forum I think I must reply all your queries, let’s see.
The all in one dash double din touch screen multimedia navigation system was available with the dealership at a higher price along with replacement of head unit and the existing in-built-speakers (which I think are of really good quality) as a complete package (58000). I wanted to replace the head unit only with fitting the reverse camera; this partial job was not available at the dealership as an official accessory. Therefore one of my friends there helped me fitting the system (45000) and reverse camera (3000) to my Ertiga unofficially!
You can understand his situation and my situation in this situation!! Ha ha.[roll]
I was also concerned about the warranty of electrical parts, but he has promised that there will be no issue as the fitting did not required cutting of any electrical wiring; every connection is socket to socket!

The original system with the remote is still with me completely untouched. If anybody is interested, can take away the same.[:D]

All you friends please post your experience too, I am very much eager to read the same!

Last edited:
Dear Friends, after doing some re-search on the in-dash Multimedia DVD Navigation - all -in-one touch HEAD UNIT for Ertiga, i found a seller in AP selling this unit (of course he did import and selling for better price for India). the price र 20,000.00 looks very reasonable.

Please see the following link. for fitting the unit and doing several works Konark Bangalore (Jaya Nagar) charged only Rs.1100. (no speaker replacement).

Swift Head Unit / Double Din DVD Player with GPS - Visakhpatnam - Car Parts - AUDIO SWIFT

Please note; since this is Windows CE OS, you can use "iGO my way" from naviextras.com or mapmyindia maps. both works with this windows CE OS system. FY 2012 Swift and Ertiga are sharing same dashboard without a mm difference. I hope this is useful for many people who is looking for head unit with Navigation in India itself.

Thread Starter #48
@starpp
the following was mentioned at that site regarding in-dash Multimedia DVD Navigation system-
Music Information: Yes
Play Video: No ???
It's a better package from price point of view but, I think a head unit must support video playback with at least MPEG4 compatible.
can you confirm the same before finalizing the system?

@starpp
the following was mentioned at that site regarding in-dash Multimedia DVD Navigation system-
Music Information: Yes
Play Video: No ???
It's a better package from price point of view but, I think a head unit must support video playback with at least MPEG4 compatible.
can you confirm the same before finalizing the system?
Hi Architect; When i checked its supports DVD and MP4.
http://visakhpatnam.olx.in/swift-head-unit-double-din-dvd-player-with-gps-iid-408458972,FYI Media supported are: DVD, DVD-R, DVD R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, MP4, DivX, VCD, SVCD
my unit plays videos from USB as well as DVD (DivX) , why dont you just make a call to the seller : +9177799998

Engine coating is layer of oil to prevent engine from dust and water after that you can even wash your car at home also scilencer coating is they glavanize the silencer & give a coat of zinc on silencer to protect from rusting

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry there seems to be some error in posting the pics in the review hence trying to post the pics again, hope you like it, moderators can I edit my first post please as some posted as images are shown as links/ invalid links.[cry]
please help.
Hi Architect,

First up, hearty congratulations on your new Ertiga. Wish you happy miles on it.

I'm getting my Ertiga next week and I was enquiring the dealer with body colored side mouldings but he said only black side mouldings are available. Can you pl let us know where did you get your side mouldings fitted and how much did it cost.

Thanks
Mahi

Congrats Architect, for becoming an Ertigan. Keep sharing the experience. I am able to hear the diesel engine noise a lot inside the cabin, now a days. I have done only 2654 kms so far. Is that the same with you? For a week continuously I didn't use my Ertiga ZDI, due to heavy rains here. After that I lost the cooling effect in my A/c. Had to take it to the MSM for correction. I was told that there was a leak in the nitrogen and it has been refilled. Also was asked at least to crank the engine for 5 minutes everyday. Now the effect is very good. Did any one faced similar issue? Will the a/c go down if the car is not used daily? Thnx.

Can anyone kindly help in providing the place in chennai where they fit the Music system for Ertiga.
I bought 7" Sonyx system in internet, but the dealer tried it hard to fix it, finally he gave up.

Hi Architect,

I am planning to buy Ertiga but terribly miss the automatic climate control. Is there any way to get it install in Ertiga by replacing the manual unit. I am asking because Ertiga shares it platform with Swift and later has ACM.

Regards,

azaadshatru

Top Bottom