Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Serene Blue – My Dream “LUV” comes home !!

Hello @Architect

fantastic. you have made your Ertiga eye-catching. BTW; where did you buy the 2DIN DVD navigation system? is it in Mumbai? the reason i was asking because the price. its much higher. without reverse camera how much you paid for the system alone?

Back Roof Spoiler is very nice. I am trying the get one for my Ertiga (granite grey) but not sure whether i get in bangalore or not :-(

Thread Starter #35
@starpp & @Marutisuzuki
Thanks!

2DIN DVD navigation system is available at few maruti dealerships in mumbai like Sai Service but prices are really high...

BTW people get confuse Ertiga with Innova with this view
2012-08-29 10.32.40.jpg

@nitin_k & @dpmore
Here are the picks of the carpet lamination done-

Attachments

Thread Starter #36
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Serene Blue – Review of My Dream “LUV” !!

Tum se achchha kaun hai
dil lo jigar lo jaan lo
ham tumhare hain sanam
tum hame pahachaan lo
-Hasrat Jaypuri

(Who’s better than you?
take my heart, take my life to know
I’m all yours my LUV
you please recognise me
-Hindi Translation)​

It is difficult to leave our loved ones to somebody else’s hands just like that, so I didn’t opted for car pickup & delivery at my place however was available and decided to take Ertiga on my own to the service centre.

1st Free Service Upadate:-
After the long rides to Shirdi last week LUV’s meter cluster was showing 965Kms, just few more Kms in Mumbai roads, made a call to dealership for early appointment of 1st free service. After 3 days, on Monday 27th, visited the service centre early morning at 8:30 am. There were already five to six cars waiting outside. I was directed to customer lounge to meet my service engineer.

Inspection:-
1. SE inspects the car throughout inside & outside for any damages, scratches or dents.
2. SE requests to remove all valuables from the car.
3. SE suggests keeping the service manual inside the car only.
4. I was issued an initial feedback forms, etc. which I filled and returned to SE.
5. He prepared an inspection report with work order.
6. Asks whether Antirust was done (surprised with his question as antirust was done by the dealership before taking the delivery at an additional cost with five years warrantee, I don’t know, how to check that it’s done or not, Expert please guide me on this).
7. Suggested Engine & Silencer coating as the same are made of Aluminium & needs protection.
8. Also suggested Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures for longer life of the parts.
9. On my question about which Engine oil they use, the reply was Mobil Oil.

Complaints Noted:-
1. Car was dirty inside out due to long drives.
2. Asked to check tire pressures.
3. Some noise was disturbing me during my long drives (nobody realised though) may be from the rear seats. I thought loosely fitted seats while carpet lamination could be the culprit.
4. Rear wiper was making some noise while wiping.

Cost of Service:-
1st Service had to be free as the name suggests and it was, except the Engine & Silencer coating with Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures which costs me around 3800 total. Rest all the complaints were satisfactorily attended free of costs.

Initial Impression:-
I thought not a single penny will be spent from my pocket at 1st free Service but as usual the business continued. I didn’t knew or was aware of this Engine & Silencer coating with Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures before, never heard or read in this forum. Just like when a baby is born, you spend on doctor’s advice without thinking much giving newborn’s health the utmost importance. I decided to get the things done for my LUV, as didn’t have sufficient time to crosscheck or take expert’s opinion at that instance.
Experts may throw some light on this issue.

2012-08-30 10.07.50.jpg

2012-08-30 10.06.50.jpg

Final Impression:-
As suggested, went back to take the delivery at 1:00 pm, my LUV was just getting ready for final touches of cleaning, wiping, etc. SE showed me the Engine bay area and exhaust pipe coating & It was really shining!!
Few valuables were mistakenly left in the car were still there thankfully, just realised same while inspecting the car before taking delivery. In all was a mixed bag feeling.
Finally filled the customer feedback form with all excellent tick marks!! Don’t you understand I have to come for another two free services for my LUV!! Ha Ha..

Seene mein dil hai, dil mein tumhi ho
tum mein hamaaree, chhoti si jaan hain
tum ho salaamat, ham ko nahi gam
tum se hamaaree, duniya javaan hain
-Hasrat Jaypuri

(In my chest, I have a heart, in this heart there’s my LUV
in you is my small life
when you’re safe, I’m not sad
with you only my world is young
-Hindi Translation)

Last but not the least:-
My sales executive was ready with my original election ID card (at least one original proof required for registration purpose here in Mumbai, I think) including balance freebies as promised earlier at the time of buying accessories. They were Car cover and Car perfume.

2012-08-28 12.10.07.jpg

2012-08-28 11.22.29.jpg

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Serene Blue – Review of My Dream “LUV” !!

Hi ! Architect, Its nice to see an Ertiga"n , very active on the forum with interesting observations about LUV. I had sent you a querry on the 2 Din Stereo yesterday. Awaiting details of the whole pricing break up , if possible . Maybe a scanned copy of the Invoice ( Would that be a tall order !!!??)

Also I am very surprised by the 1st service procedure of coating the Engine and Exhaust externals with that Oil mixture.

My first service in Chennai never recommended that and also my second service at 5000 Kms at Hyderabad ( I was in town ) a swanky Varum Motors - Gachibowli - similar to those massive Car showrooms in US in Proportions , Sales and Facilities ) also did not recommend that . Nor have I heard about that else where , regarding Ertiga.

It looks like an odd suggestion by Sai Service, not recommended by dealers in other parts of India. Waiting for your post. Cheers

I feel you have been made to believe with the coating stuff.
The costs as it is overpriced.
The coating was something which was not necessary in the first place.

You could have inquired with the coating with 3m stores which were much cheaper.

Have a keen eye on services they claim as essential.

@nitin_k & @dpmore
Here are the picks of the carpet lamination done-
Attached Thumbnails
thanks for the pictures. do they make the floor slippery. Anyways you would have placed mats and rubbers mats on them ?

Also while driving, do the mats slip ?

Thread Starter #41
@nitin_k
Regarding Carpet lamination, Plastic mats may slip, my mats are rubbery plastic mats and rubber never slips off plastic lamination. I will recommend full carpet lamination with rubber mats.

I'm planning to post some videos too.. but not getting time.. sometime later surely

Last edited:
I am taking the delivery of my Ertiga ZDi silver color today after the wait of 5 months. I had to settle for Silky Silver instead of originally booked Firebrick Red because I have already sold my SX4 and cannot wait more for the color.

Will post my experience soon...

hi Architect,
many thanks for the review and snaps.
excellent music system upgrade.

can you please let us know the make and price. Automotive nerul is providing a Sony upgrade, which seems very different.
happy riding.

Audio System:-
Though the original integrated audio system was quite good with good quality the inbuilt speakers and tweeters, I wanted a full touch controlled all in one dash double din multimedia navigation system (MOTEVO) with reverse camera, so have installed one replacing the exiting in dash system only and kept the speakers & tweeters same as they sound really nice.
All the features of this system are excellent including radio, audio & video playback. The display is seven inches diagonally with HD resolution. The USB and A2DP, Bluetooth connectivity is impeccable and fulfils my important requirement of keeping in touch with my mobile phone during driving, can easily speak with and listen to the other party with any fuss. The ability to conference all the passengers with the other party is amazing. The sound quality is superb and the touch interface is entertaining. Most importantly, the steering remote works!!
The most important feature is Map-My-India Navigation system with satellite receiver is extraordinary. It’s excellently accurate and seamlessly provided amazing support during our long drives without stopping or disturbing the radio or audio along with blue tooth mobile connectivity both running in the background.

Features:-
I think by the time all the members are aware of the standard features available with the Ertiga, therefore don’t find any need to elaborate it again here. The only thing I can say is Ertiga ZDi is an capable carlike MPV having sufficient requires features such as- ABS, EBD, Airbags, Alloy wheels, Integrated music system, 5+2 flexible seating, Dual A/C vents for front and rear rows, Power windows, Electronic power steering, Rear windshield defogger, rear wiper, adjustable seat, adjustable steering, adjustable seat belts, functional MID in the meter cluster, cup holders, bottle holders and so on...

What I LUV:-
1) A carlike real MPV.
2) Spacious 5+2 easy flexible seating.
3) 1.3 MJD Engine with decent mileage.
4) Easy to drive with good handling & comfortable ride.
5) Separate & effective A/C vents for the rear rows.
6) A.B.S. with E.B.D.
7) Awesome integrated sound system & speakers.
8) Generous boot after folding 3rd row.
9) Good pulling power & cruising ability with 7 people on board.
10) Theatre like dimming lamps inside the car.
11) Decent headroom for all rows.

What I don’t LUV:-
1) Front view can’t differentiate Ertiga from other Maruti cars.
2) Horn is not easily accessible.
3) Inconvenient placement of fuel lid opener.
4) No remote boot lid opener.
5) Some beige interiors hard to keep clean.
6) Missed an armrest for driver.
7) No ACC.
8) Huge waiting period.

Conclusion:-
I am being a family man; Ertiga is a perfect vehicle for me. Ertiga is a family carlike SUV with Impressive versatility and space. In my honest opinion, as far as compact SUV/MUV’s are concerned, Ertiga has no competition in the current Indian market within its price range till date![/JUSTIFY]

duniya mein kitni hain nafratein
phir bhi dilon mein hain chaahatein
duniya mein kitni hain nafratein
phir bhi dilon mein hain chaahatein
mar bhi jaayein pyaarwaale mit bhi jaayein yaarwaale
zinda rahati hain unki muhabbate.n...

(How much hate exists in the world
Yet, even so, hearts continue to love.
Even if lovers should die, even if they are erased from this earth,
their LUV will live on forever...
-Hindi Translation)

Thank you for reading & Drive safe!
Ji,
did you have your MOTEVO from your Maruti dealer or oustide? if it is from Maruti can we exchange the default sytem and pay only the difference? if not how much did you shell out for your MOTEVO?
thanks in advance.

Top Bottom