Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Buying Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I booked the car on May 2nd from Autopace Chandigarh and about 6-7 days back I got letter from them that my Ertiga is here in white colour, but I wanted silky silver so I asked them if they had silky silver and they said they have one without alloys, so I went ahead and got the same blocked.

Then started the finance process, they were getting the finance done from HDFC but I insisted them to go for Axis bank as they had lower interest rate and no processing fee on Ertiga (Through BankBazaar.com). The same took 3-4 days to process and finally today it got done.

I went to dealership today i.e: 8-8-2012 to take delivery of Ertiga ZDi Without Alloys model but when I reached there the executive told me that today they got fresh stock and Ertiga ZDi with Alloys is available. So i checked the car our and it looked all fine and I confirmed the same.

It took 4-5 hours just to get the clearance from Axis bank about the finance. Their service is pathetic, at one time I felt like dropping the car and wanted to go with some other brand but my dad and uncle urged me to have patience and it paid. The finance got approved and DO letter was delivered to dealer.

After that the nightmare began of the insurance, dealer asked me to pay Rs. 24000 for comprehensive insurance and Rs. 28000 for bumper-to-bumper. But I checked on TAI that Knightrider got the insurance done from Royal Sundaram at very low cost hence I did the same. I asked the dealer to let me have my own insurance but noooo they kept on insisting me, my uncle that its company policy to give Maruti Insurance on diesel cars and gave alot of excuses like: I will not get claim for paint jobs, no cashless for Non-MI policies and what not. The executive made me and my uncle meet the CEO, Insurance Manager, Sales Manager and what not and all gave lame excuses and kept on asking me to get MI.

Later a person from them (I don't know who he was, he was sitting with manager) told me that Maruti has tie-ups with Iffco Tokio and other companies, so I told them that I am getting quote from Iffco Tokio for Rs. 18000 but he said that its not possible, but when I told him that I can show him online he asked me to show online and sales manager let me used his PC to show and I showed them the same, the guy called Iffco Tokio Chandigarh, Sales Head to confirm and they said its not possible. I mean all type of tatics were used to force me on buying Maruti Insurance. I was really getting fed up with all this crap, and I went to my dad and asked him to leave the car and lets go home, but he went to sales manager and asked him "what seems to be the problem with insurance" and before he could say anything my dad showed him the Consumer Forum's Member Card and the sales manager response to the sales executive was "Yeh, jo insurance karvana chahthey hai inhey karvaney do". Suddenly a evil smile came back to my face [evil].

So I called the Royal Sundaram guys and within 10 mins. I was having bumper-to-bumper insurance of my car with Royal Sundaram for Rs. 19688.

After this all was pretty smooth and took like half an hour to get the delivery. I will say that the procedure could have been much easier for dealer and customer if they had genuine prices for insurance etc.

Anyways I took no accessories from dealer at all due to the frustration they caused. The PDI was done and executive and another guy explained all the features and stuff to me, 3-4 cleaning guys were cleaning the car while I was getting the demo, hence dad paid them Rs. 200 and we were away with the Ertiga to nearest fuel station. I got the tank filled and it costed Rs. 1740 for approx. 42 liters of diesel.

After that I went to a nearest accessories shop but they were kind of closing so I couldn't get proper foot matts etc. I will go tomorrow in morning to get accessories installed and specifically the parking sensor as I felt need for it while reversing the car.

After that I went to temple with family, got the pooja done and came back home. So in the end I feel that it all went out pretty well.

I will post more info. and pics tomorrow.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dude
COngrats on the car. Yeah Diesel car rocks man. My Dezire also takes 43 ltr of petrol for 1800 bucks and drives around 700 km in it. Do post pics of the car and the accessories installed.
Even i took insurance policy from Royal sundaram and it was cheaper by 3k vs maruti insurance.

Last edited:
Finally we got some 1 who took effort and time for a ownership thread . Super super congrats and enjoy the ertiga to the fullest we all will await for the pictures . Thanx once again for the effort to make a ownership review it will be highly appreciated by other prospective buyers .

After that the nightmare began of the insurance, dealer asked me to pay Rs. 24000 for comprehensive insurance and Rs. 28000 for bumper-to-bumper. But I checked on TAI that some fellow got the insurance done from Royal Sundaram at very low cost hence I did the same. I asked the dealer to let me have my own insurance but noooo they kept on insisting me, my uncle that its company policy to give Maruti Insurance on diesel cars and gave alot of excuses like: I will not get claim for paint jobs, no cashless for Non-MI policies and what not. The executive made me and my uncle meet the CEO, Insurance Manager, Sales Manager and what not and all gave lame excuses and kept on asking me to get MI.

I mean all type of tatics were used to force me on buying Maruti Insurance.

So I called the Royal Sundaram guys and within 10 mins. I was having bumper-to-bumper insurance of my car with Royal Sundaram for Rs. 19688.
I think you are referring to me as 'some fellow' [lol] I experienced exactly the same excuses & tactics by the dealer & insurance guys.
Anyways congrats on your puchase & welcome to the Ertiga club. Waiting for some pics.

Hey Kikloo congratulations on your new acquisition[clap].

Do upload the pictures buddy and do justice to this thread[:)]

Have a safe and trouble free ownership.

Dear Kikloo,
Could you please upload some pictures of your Ertiga. Also can you give us the price breakdown?

Congrat's Kikloo, Ertiga seem's to be the talk of TAI town, sad to hear your experience with the dealer, i feel you should have walked out to some other dealer's no point giving business to such Moron's.

Thread Starter #9
Hi,

Thank you all. I must say that I got all the info I needed to get Ertiga from TAI. It would'nt have been possible otherwise, like Knightrider said (some fellow [lol]) from his experience I was sure that I will be able to get cheaper insurance and much more.

I knew all the extra accessories I needed when other fellow members posted the info about the same in their reviews / threads. Like the pricing, info on availability etc. Once again thanks very much.

Today I got some accessories installed in Ertiga

Side beedings: Rs. 650
Elegance footmatts: Rs. 1700
MGA Parking Sensor: Rs. 2890
Sill Guards: Rs. 450

Tomorrow I am going to get door side strips which costs Rs. 1300-1400 i think. In market they are offering colored door strips with chrome in it but the quality is very poor and paint doesn't matches up for Rs. 1000 so I left it.

I will get the side strips from dealership tomorrow and then I am going to market to get the wooden finish for interior which is costing me Rs. 1360 of autoform.

Once this is complete then I will take pictures and post them. Hopefully tomorrow I will post the pics. :)

One question: My ertiga is showing me Avg of 8 km/l..and DTE is showing that it will do only 335 kms. Why is that ? Is it learning ? The tank is full and I have only done about 45 kms. [confused]

Thanks.

One question: My ertiga is showing me Avg of 8 km/l..and DTE is showing that it will do only 335 kms. Why is that ? Is it learning ? The tank is full and I have only done about 45 kms. [confused]

Thanks.
No need to panic, let the car run for some more distance and it will adjust automatically.

Hi,

Thanks.
As visran said, nothing to worry. My ZXI showed avg. of 6kmpl on the day I took the delivery. After 400kms it is now 15.2kmpl. It will improve with more miles. [:)]

Thread Starter #12
Hi,

Here are some pics, I took them yesterday...

Thanks.

Attachments

Top Bottom