Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

I think the cooling coil gets cold and cools the roof just above it and when the hot humid air outside come in to contact with the cold surface water condensation forms just like it happens with the windows. I understand that but glass won't rust but metal will. Its a wrong design. Insulation is not done proper I believe.

I have strange issue with my Ertiga. I own a Granite Grey ZDI 2014 October make. The problem is that whenever I come back after 1 to 2 hr drive I see a water mist/dew/sweating whatever you call it on the outside that is on the roof of the car where the second row AC is located!!! It can be clearly seen the water sweating exactly above the second row ac from a balcony! This way the roof is surely going to rust. Is this normal ? Please help me .......
This is absolutely normal and NOT a malfunction. The cold air of the inside and the humid hot air of the outside cause this condensation effect on top of the roof where the mid row AC is. How can it rust? It will not because it is not stagnant water. Moreover, metal these days are rust treated. If rust is your concern, you shouldn't even wash your car or take it out in the rain, if you know what I mean! [:D]

This is not just on the Ertiga, but on the Lodgy, Innova and Mobilio. There is no reason to worry about it.

Thread Starter #2,148
Hi Guys!
Today, on my way to Dehradun from Chd, Front tyre hit one of the zillion potholes on the way and got burst near Nahan, that too in forest area.. :P

These are 3.5 yr old stock MRF tyres.. Require your suggestions which tyres to consider of the same dimensions as I don't have any knowledge on this part..
JK tyres seems to be inferior as they are the cheapest. [glasses]
How about MRF or Bridgestone?
And "Michelin Energy XM2 Tubeless" is the most expensive one, is it worth?
Sooner or later, I'll replace all the tyres with what I buy now.

My Michelin PLC tyres 195 60 / R15 (set of 4) has completed 45000kms on Ertiga ZDI and looks all set for another 20000kms, minimum. It is definitely worth additional investment of ~500 / tire. Bridgestone should also be good.. but my experience with Bridgestone is limited - have used it only for around 15K kms.

Hi,

My stock tires did 50000 kms. After that I got Ceat Gripp LN which hav already done 8000+. They seem to be good tyres. I think it costed me Rs 14000 for 4 tyres. Comes with 5 year instant replacement warranty also. Meaning no matter what is the problem with the tyre it will be instantly replaced by dealer itself and you don't have to wait for company chap etc. I got them from Sector 21 near govt. school.

Thanks.

Hi
I have clocked 70000kms in my stock goodyear tyres . Although the tyres are good enough for another 10k atleast but i dont want to take any risk and plan to change them asap. I want to upsize the tyres but iam still confused between 195/65r15 and 205 60r15 with stock alloys 5.5 j.
Any suggestions pls.
Thanks

Thread Starter #2,154
Got Michelin XM2 185/65 R15 from Authorized Michelin dealer in Chandigarh, for Rs 5300 (including nitrogen).
Was getting Bridgestone @4500, but chose Michelin.
Hope it was a good decision. ;)

AND, FINALLY replaced HELLA's 90/100w headlights with Phillips Rally 90/100w tubes, and to my surprise, there is actually a considerable difference in brightness despite of their same wattage!
Phillips is ~30% brighter than Hella.
Did Chandigarh-Narkanda-Chandigarh yesterday, and drove throughout the night on Dark roads in forest areas of Himachal, and I was absolutely loving the confidence inspired drive, all thanks to the new tubes.
Guys, do try out Phillips Rally 90/100w before anything else. :)

Missed the Extended warranty and company not accepting the faulty Gear box problem

Hi guys ,

Actually we took delivery our ertiga vdi on dec 4th 2013.

Now in nov 1 2015, we encountered the problem with gear. The second gear is not engaging from 3rd gear or more. We have to shift to 1 st gear and then only shift to 2nd gear. When we went to dealer he happily told that it is a gearbox problem, will take around 15 k to repair. We were shocked and they were asked whether we had opted for extended warranty. We were not at that time. Then they just asked whether 2 yrs crossed or not. Then they told you can opt for it now for 10k. But now comes the problem, they checked our vehicle sale date it's october 29th 2013 (the booking date of the vehicle).

They told we can't afford you external warranty as your vehicle is 2 years crossed. (i.e) we went with the issue on nov 2nd. They told the sale date crossed you can't get. So we were almost fighted at them how come the booking date becomes the sale date. They told this is the maruti rules. So as it is an important part (Gear box) we have no other way, went for maruti dealer for getting it fixed. After enquiring they are telling this is the common problem in ertiga s and dzires even. I even escalated to maruti and they finally told you should have opted for extended warranty before the 2 years ending. They are not even compromising for 1 day. So is that the way Booking date is considered as the sale date ? Pls help So that we can be aware of all the problems like this .

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Missed the Extended warranty and company not accepting the faulty Gear box proble

Very weird to hear that purchase date is booking date. There are some common problems seen in ertiga not with all cars some are gear syncroniser issue, rear axle manufacturing fault which has play where it holds suspension.

That gear issue is syncroniser issue which need replacement. Sad to hear your warranty expired. Send mail to maruti in brief about the sale date.

Already escalated to maruti.But they too saying that ,You should have opted for extended warranty before the 2 year ends. [frustration]

Very weird to hear that purchase date is booking date. There are some common problems seen in ertiga not with all cars some are gear syncroniser issue, rear axle manufacturing fault which has play where it holds suspension.

That gear issue is syncroniser issue which need replacement. Sad to hear your warranty expired. Send mail to maruti in brief about the sale date.
That rear axle problem also we had ,but fixed it with the dealer before 1 year.

Top Bottom