Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My Maruti Ertiga VDI reached its 20000 K service. I am planning to upgrade my engine oil from semi-synthetic to Synthetic during this service. Which would be the best Synthetic oil for my vehicle.
Hi Himesh, welcome to T.A.I, I would suggest if you are using semi-synthetic of castrol then upgrade to Full Synthetic of Castrol only. Get it done by ASC only. Another choice can be liqui moly full synthetic oil but probably that you can use only through after-market.

Do we need to change the Gear oil along with this service. I got information from Auto team that gear oil also need to change, but Popular team is saying that gear oil change is not required now.
Gear oil change in 20K is not really required if I may say. You can easily run 20K more and then get it changed.

Regards

Akash

Thank you akash...

can you specifically mention the part code of synthetic oil from Castrol. Heard good reviews for Mobil 1 synthetic oil also. Do you have any idea regarding part code of Mobil 1 Synthetic oil ?. It will be helpful if you can share both part codes.

I had collected estimate from MASS last week and they had given me an estimate of Rs.9242/- [shock]

Later I mailed them with a news paper advt of maruti ertiga service cost which was Rs.6102(parts + labour) including taxes. Then they have replied me with another estimate, which is matching with the news paper advertisement service cost.

In the new estimate the parts are same but they have removed following services. [confused]
1. Brake overhaul
2. front suspension arm both side R & R
3. Gear Shifting control lever R & R
4. Suspension overhaul (Front)
5. Suspension overhaul (Back)

please check the attached Estimates and news paper add. Kindly suggest me which all services I need to opt for 20000 km service.

Regards

Himesh

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
can you specifically mention the part code of synthetic oil from Castrol.
In all probability the part code of Oil at my uncle's Maruti ASC will be different from the ASC there.

Heard good reviews for Mobil 1 synthetic oil also. Do you have any idea regarding part code of Mobil 1 Synthetic oil ?. It will be helpful if you can share both part codes.
Sorry Buddy no idea on mobil 1 code. Maruti ASC doesn't use it either at-least here.

I had collected estimate from MASS last week and they had given me an estimate of Rs.9242/-
Later I mailed them with a news paper advt of maruti ertiga service cost which was Rs.6102(parts + labour) including taxes. Then they have replied me with another estimate, which is matching with the news paper advertisement service cost.
Its a dealer specific advertisement. Maybe the ASC you contacted might not be having this scheme. So on your referral they have obliged you.

In the new estimate the parts are same but they have removed following services.
1. Brake overhaul
2. front suspension arm both side R & R
3. Gear Shifting control lever R & R
4. Suspension overhaul (Front)
5. Suspension overhaul (Back)
Actually, at 20K, suspension does not give up and chances of major wear and tear are really rare. Hence, they have removed suspension overhaul and suspension arms. Disk brakes on the other hand don't go faulty so early as 20k so no major concern either. I am not able to understand "Gear Shift Control Lever" what sort of service does gear lever need?[roll]

please check the attached Estimates and news paper add. Kindly suggest me which all services I need to opt for 20000 km service.
Please refer this.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hi Akash,

thank you for the input. Sorry i mistyped it as engine oil part code.

What i required is Synthetic oil name of castrol.
is MGDO 5W40 Castrol is a Synthetic oil ?.

Regards

Himesh

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What i required is Synthetic oil name of castrol.
is MGDO 5W40 Castrol is a Synthetic oil ?.
The Castrol Fully Synthetic oil is called Castrol Titanium Edge. "MGDO" could be the Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil 5w 40. Once when the engine oil would be changing in your car, just check the container of oil and click a pic of it so that all others can be benefited too. Suggest you to begin a separate thread as well regarding ownership of the car buddy.

Regards

Akash

Himesh@

do check in your car manual, whether they mentioned to change gear oil. If yes then replace it. Usually Maruti does it in 20K km in Petrol. I am not sure about diesel.

To reduce cost Maruti now, moving to normal oil than synthetic oil. If you dont have much running normal oil is enough.
BTW i dont think, they are doing complete brake overhauling and all other mentioned in 20K service. So better to select the service with the reduced price.

Great! We've got another LUVer! And that too from Namma Chennai!
Welcome ji![clap]
Thank you very much DJ bro!! in fact it's two years now since i got my LUV. I must admit with my whole heart that this very particular thread made me decide to go for it!! i have been following this thread ardently since the very beginning of it. a belated thanks to everyone who posted their views, reviews and opinions which very much attributed to my decision to own this vehicle! cheers!!!

Thread Starter #2,125
Hi!
It's been a long time since I posted anything, as I was busy driving my LUV all the time. ;)
Going for 4th service tomorrow, It has completed 40k kms now after a Chd- Amritsar and Chd-Narkanda drive this week.
Few updates-
1- Tyres are in good condition, no sign of extreme wear & tear till now.
2- Fuel economy is better than ever, it's constantly giving ~20kmpl.
3- Power is consistent since it was new, overtaking is fun with the turbo as it ever was.
4- No squeaking sound till now.
5- After my recent trips, I'm hearing a light thud sound on each bump. Will get it rectified tomorrow.
6- AC is working fine, no gas addition required till now. I got AC filter installed in the starting only, yes we have to purchase the AC filter separately, it doesn't come by default.
7-Till now I've used Fully synthetic engine oil, and even if the difference is little as compared to the semi synthetic, But you'll notice the difference in driving as well as sound after going for fully synthetic.
8- Till now I've got it services just from Maruti Authorised Service centres only.
9- Left side view mirror's led got fused 2 months ago, got a new one for Rs 1300.
10- I upgraded the headlamps to 90/100 Hella tubes, and it's working as a charm, and I've got so used to it that whenever I drive other cars, I strongly urge them to upgrade their vehicle's headlamps. It's a lifesaver (at least for me) in many conditions, as I usually travel at night in Himachal/ Punjab.
Rest everything is normal as before, and I can't be more happy with it. :)
Safe Driving!

Hi
I have driven my ertiga for 58000 kms with a total fuel efficiency of 18 most of the driving being on AC. I have a few queries
1. Which tyre upgrade is better 205/60/15 or 195/65/15
2. Is it worth going for led interior lighting with festoon connection and can we pull the dome light wire and add another light above second row
3. is it possible to add another charger point for second row
4. Can the last seat back be split 50:50 so that half can be folded for luggage and 6 persons travel comfortably

Few upgrades which i have done
1. Changed the horns to hella trumpet black
2. Upgraded bulb to philips premium 90/100 with hella relay
3. Wooden finishing of dash and door panels

Hi
I have driven my ertiga for 58000 kms with a total fuel efficiency of 18 most of the driving being on AC. I have a few queries
1. Which tyre upgrade is better 205/60/15 or 195/65/15 - 195/65/r15 safest upsizing
2. Is it worth going for led interior lighting with festoon connection and can we pull the dome light wire and add another light above second row - yes fit extra cabin light for 2nd row
3. is it possible to add another charger point for second row - there is charger splitter available try
4. Can the last seat back be split 50:50 so that half can be folded for luggage and 6 persons travel comfortably - not possible as of now but try with seat repair shop

Few upgrades which i have done
1. Changed the horns to hella trumpet black
2. Upgraded bulb to philips premium 90/100 with hella relay
3. Wooden finishing of dash and door panels
Additionally try the led tail lamps.

For Engine oil do get Mobil Delvac 1 for Diesel Engines and Mobil 1 for Petrol engines.

Great LED lights even I got them in front,rear and below the front seats as courtesy lights.

Top Bottom