Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

I am planning to upgrade my car (currently I own a Zen Estilo). I am actively considering Maruti Ertiga. However, I got a feedback from couple of Ertiga owners that Ertiga top end models have some issues in high speed braking (>100 kmph), like stability, takes some distance before halt, even with ABS. Has anyone faced this problem with top end Ertiga?
I never faced any issues even braking at 160 kmph. Rock solid stability, but you should not mess much with the steering wheel while braking hard.

Added some chrome strips to my Luv.
Hey, i saw this thread and i am planning to get these chrome handles from ebay.

What i understand is its chrome plated plastic handles that come with 3M stickers on inside. I sent message to the ebay seller and he kind of replied saying he recommends professionals to install it.

So i want to know how easy it is to install(stick) such handles to the ertiga ? is it as easy as say installing mobile screen guard ?

Hey, i saw this thread and i am planning to get these chrome handles from ebay.

What i understand is its chrome plated plastic handles that come with 3M stickers on inside. I sent message to the ebay seller and he kind of replied saying he recommends professionals to install it.

So i want to know how easy it is to install(stick) such handles to the ertiga ? is it as easy as say installing mobile screen guard ?
Hey if it is chrome door handles its not a tough fit. Peel the sticker just fix them in handles.

I would like to fit the Anniversary Edition Chrome front grille on my Ertga but can't find it anywhere! Any idea guys where to find it. The dealer didn't have it.

I would like to fit the Anniversary Edition Chrome front grille on my Ertga but can't find it anywhere! Any idea guys where to find it. The dealer didn't have it.
Hey, I'm too looking for it since last 2 months, but sadly its not available anywhere [frustration]. Unlike the first anniversary Feliz kit, this 2nd year anniversary kit comes as factory fitted, thus its not available as accessory.

Last edited:
Hi All, I was watching this forum in last couple of weeks as I was planning to book an Ertiga, this was really helped be to finalize my decision and move towards Ertiga and being exited to waiting for the delivery date for my first car. Yes I have booked by ZDi supreme white.

I too did the same thing. I booked it without taking a test drive as well and don't regret it at all even after almost 2 years. Now if only they would bring one with amt that would be great.

Hi All, I was watching this forum in last couple of weeks as I was planning to book an Ertiga, this was really helped be to finalize my decision and move towards Ertiga and being exited to waiting for the delivery date for my first car. Yes I have booked by ZDi supreme white.
congrats buddy. Where did you book your car? What offers you had for the buy?

Yes, I have, and it does improve the quality of the sound by a long way! But pls ensure that you get it done from an experienced technician at MASS(so as to not void warranty)

Pls Go thru the manual with Service manager and order the exact part number for the Tweeters! I have got it done at Andheri workshop of Vitesse if you're from mumbai! They have an amazig electrician who got the rear wiper /sprayer/defogger assy. done for me as well! [:)]
Can you confirm, is there wiring and bracket (to hold tweeters) already available in the ertiga vxi models or Wiring / bracket need to done additionally. Thanks in Advance

I am considering an ertiga. i intend to put a child seat in the middle and hope to have 2 regular size adults on either side. Is this doable as I have heard that the 2nd row can be narrow. opinions/input is appreciated.[:)]

I am considering an ertiga. i intend to put a child seat in the middle and hope to have 2 regular size adults on either side. Is this doable as I have heard that the 2nd row can be narrow. opinions/input is appreciated.[:)]
I don't think putting the child-seat in the center of the middle row is safe. Only a lap-belt is provided for the center passenger and I don't think it would hold the seat in place well (I'm not sure about this. Will read the manual and clarify). The cabin is not too narrow and can be used to ferry 3 average sized abreast as any premium hatchback.
Go ahead ji. It's a fantastic car![:)]

I don't think putting the child-seat in the center of the middle row is safe. Only a lap-belt is provided for the center passenger and I don't think it would hold the seat in place well (I'm not sure about this. Will read the manual and clarify). The cabin is not too narrow and can be used to ferry 3 average sized abreast as any premium hatchback.
Go ahead ji. It's a fantastic car![:)]
I agree.. I was worried about the same too so I was researching it.
I checked the manual Page 2-19
http://marutistorage.blob.core.windows.net/marutisuzukipdf/Ertiga_OM_fo_ website.pdf

and also the car seat manual... 20-21 and page 24 ...all point to the assured safety.
http://coscojuvenile.djgusa.com/product_instructions/en/43583614F.pdf

So 3 people abreast sounds practical.

Hi
My Maruti Ertiga VDI (February 2013 model) reached its 20000 K service. I am planning to upgrade my engine oil from semi-synthetic to Synthetic during this service. Which would be the best Synthetic oil for my vehicle.

Do we need to change the Gear oil along with this service. I got information from Auto team that gear oil also need to change, but Popular team is saying that gear oil change is not required now.

can any one help me to clarify above points.

Thanks in advance.

Himesh

Top Bottom