Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

I have also booked ERTIGA ZDI on 15th April @Bangalore-Suraksha, the guy has promised the delivery in 3 months. It's hard to wait. This is going to be my first car though dad has. I have learnt driving few weeks back, now all set to drive my babe..

Guys suggest me, what all accessories we should get with ZDI? Is it advisable to get seat cover and mat from Showroom or can be get it from outside. I will take all elctrical and scratch protection accessories from showroom only.

A belated Congratulation Saby on your new Ertiga. [clap]
Since the car has been manufactured by Maruti, it must be Practical, no-nonsese, VFM.

:offtopic: Offtopic
Being completely overwhelmed by XUV 500 's beauty, I booked it few days ago. But after reading niggles of the car I am in 2 state of mind- logical part says ertiga, but illogical part says XUV.

Again congrats for LUV

Thread Starter #64
Surprisingly, every Ertiga owner or reviewer is complaining about it's poor A/C and you are praising it!
I'm surprised to know that people are complaining about its a/c, can you please share the link?
I've been posting the review that my family,friends and I felt about the car.
Again I would say its a/c is awesome!
About its handling, please drive Innova, try some high speed cuts and then drive the Ertiga and do the same, you'll come to know what I'm speaking of. There is huge amount of diff. in body roll of both the cars.

aarrey waah the first Ertiga on TAI., A ton of Congrats!
Thanks bro!

Saby seems to be extremely excited. We would request you to finish your exams. Later on, drive the car under different conditions and give a good review of the car.
You have already highlighted its plus points. We would also like to know the areas of drawback. That would immensly help the prospective buyers.
Thank you!
Yes, I was super excited about the car, much more than when we bought Innova.

I have also booked ERTIGA ZDI on 15th April @Bangalore-Suraksha, the guy has promised the delivery in 3 months. It's hard to wait. This is going to be my first car though dad has. I have learnt driving few weeks back, now all set to drive my babe..

Guys suggest me, what all accessories we should get with ZDI? Is it advisable to get seat cover and mat from Showroom or can be get it from outside. I will take all elctrical and scratch protection accessories from showroom only.
Congrats bro!
No,you should buy floor mats and seat covers from outside, even my dealer advised for the same. Floor mats will cost you 1700/- from the showroom and you can get them in about 1000/- from outside and same margin for the seat covers too!
A belated Congratulation Saby on your new Ertiga. [clap]
Since the car has been manufactured by Maruti, it must be Practical, no-nonsese, VFM.
Offtopic
Being completely overwhelmed by XUV 500 's beauty, I booked it few days ago. But after reading niggles of the car I am in 2 state of mind- logical part says ertiga, but illogical part says XUV.

Again congrats for LUV
Thank you!!
Dude, XUV is XUV!
From every angle XUV looks like a STUD! [evil]
Though, if you consider Practicality and VFM more than looks and status, then you can consider Ertiga.

Let me share some pics I clicked during my visit to the showroom:

Seats arranged at various positions:
View attachment 47953

Seats arranged for enough leg-space in all rows:
View attachment 47954
Thank you for posting the pics!

Sexy dash,gives premium feel
DSC03134.jpg

Good music system,gives good mixture of bass and treble and looks v.attractive at night
DSC03146.jpg

Space b/w gear and handbrake could have been utilised,though there are many cubby holes in the car. You won't feel lack of space anywhere in the car
DSC03148.jpg

Deep glove box
DSC03153.jpg

Driver's controls
DSC03152.jpg

Chrome handles looks good and only Auto-Down switch for Driver's window
DSC03145.jpg

Bottle Holder and Speaker
DSC03150.jpg

There is enough space to keep your other small stuff on every door
DSC03151.jpg

Good use of Beige and Silver
DSC03139.jpg

I'm 6 feet tall and I sat on the front row,mid row and the last row, without changing the position of any seat
1st row
DSC03137.jpg

2nd row
DSC03123.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

3rd row
Headroom is not good for a person of my height,though its good for people upto 5.8-5.9
DSC03128.jpg

From 3rd row
DSC03131.jpg

From 2nd row
DSC03132.jpg

Rear a/c vents and its control knob
DSC03133.jpg

Rear view from 1st row
DSC03141.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

Rear a/c vents from 1st row
DSC03143.jpg

Good visibility,one do feels like he/she is sitting in a big caaar(suv/muv) due to its height

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

Its stock lights are more than satisfactory

Only with high beam(Fog lights are OFF)
DSC03165.jpg

High beam with Fog Lights ON
DSC03166.jpg

Only Fog Lights with Parking lights ON
DSC03167.jpg

Its boot space is 145 lts,and you can keep 3 laptop bags easily in it in a line,without opening the tray which is located down.
You can keep 3 more laptop bags on those 3,which will not exceed 3rd row's seat height.

Rear visibility is satisfactory keeping in mind its a muv and is better than of Innova due to its shorter length.

Its horn is very Maruti and doesn't match its character, I'll upgrade it to some manly horn, like of Skoda's.

Cooling in 3rd row is good. As already told, a/c cools the cabin in 10-15 mins.

Its giving me an average of 14.5 kmpl with 100% a/c driven 100% in the city,mostly on 2nd and 3rd gear.
It feels sluggish till 2000rpm and you will have to get used to it as you won't find anything before the 2K mark.

Interiors are good,they picked up Swift's Black dash and painted it black-beige for DZIRE and Brownish-Beige for Ertiga.
For one,who doesn't owns a new Swift or Dzire, Ertiga's interiors do look very premium than Verna's, Innova's and Honda City too at most parts IMO.

Rear view mirrors are HUGE and are very practical and Useful,you can easily rely on them while reversing. Still, Parking Sensors are a Must in the car of this size. I'm too going to get them installed soon.

Many are saying that this car cannot be compared to Innova/Xylo.
I don't know about Xylo, but this car surely can be compared to Innova and is going to be a very tough competition for Innova!
Toyota, Beware!
Ertiga has the same/better pulling power than Innova after the turbo boosts in. It has better Power to weight ratio than Innova and produces the same torque( 200 NM), so just due to its small Engine capacity,you can't say anything about its performance just by looking its numbers on paper, you will have to drive it and then you'll realize what Maruti and 1.3 Multjet/DDIS/Quadrajet can do! [:)]

If you live in rural area and often travel to city and far away places having bad roads, then Innova is your car.
Else in every condition you can consider Ertiga over Innova for sure!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #65
I'm sorry as pictures are not of good quality(due to wrong settings of my cam.)
Can anyone suggest me a good horn for the car?
I didn't like its stock horn( its typical peen peen type), I want something manly to move aside cabbies on highway.
Is Roots wildtone 90 good or anything of Hella or Bosch(symphony)?

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Congrats for booking Ertiga. Keep us posted here about the updates.

Your dealer should be offering the essential accessories like mud mats, mud flaps etc. as complementary. If not, insist him for so. Don’t opt for seat covers from the showroom. There’s a wide range available out there with affordable pricing. Look out for budget brands like Autoform, G-Sport etc. Please feel free to create a new thread for further specific queries about accessories.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Congrats for booking Ertiga. Keep us posted here about the updates.

Your dealer should be offering the essential accessories like mud mats, mud flaps etc. as complementary. If not, insist him for so. Don’t opt for seat covers from the showroom. There’s a wide range available out there with affordable pricing. Look out for budget brands like Autoform, G-Sport etc. Please feel free to create a new thread for further specific queries about accessories.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank You Sir, all the suggesting noted down... I will definitely look forward about more suggestions.. Could you please suggest wat all safety feature I should install in the car.. Actually I do not have experience in Car Driving and my dad used to give me car under supervision of a driver [lol]..

Is is advisable to buy parking sensor and rear camera with LCD display.. What about some rubber over door and side of bumpers...

I wanted to buy SWift Dzire/Swift ZDI or Hyundai Verna.. MY wife was much inclined towards XUV even I liked XUV... But when I saw the ERTIGA on different auto forum then it gave me feeling that this car has been custom made for me only.. I believe many fellows should have felt in the same way... Feel and drive like Hatchback and use it is like SUV/MUV/LUV.. I used to keep calling all the showrooms in Bangalore even called Maruti Suzuki... around on March end got call from Kalyani motor that car has been dispatched..
Once I saw the car on 12th April then I have fallen in love once again and that too after marriage why not ERTIGA so adorable that I didn't mind to have a affair with this babe.. Even my wife is happy to have this baby in our family haa haa kust kidding..

I don't believe it has any compromise even if it has I dont mind as it is giving me everything what I was looking :
1: Comfortable
2: Posh interior
3: Smart and not bulky
4: Can carry 7 ppl if needed.. ( as when I visit my home town we all don't fit in our spark- I have to use a bike and let the car follow me even in hot North India).
5: Good mileage this is very important factor.
6: This car also add some value to my personality :)

I am also super exited as Saby bhai... I am enthusiastic bike rider from the age of 15 years till now I used 5 bikes... This is going to be my first car in Bangalore...

Guru log, please suggest what is adavantage and disadvantage of Granite Grey color... My personal choice was Red but the red which is being offered is not the bright red then we opted for Granite grey... Have I am made right decision??/

XUV is much better than the Ertiga in many ways. If you have the budget for the XUV, why look at the Ertiga? Choose between the XUV, Innova & Aria.

I'm surprised to know that people are complaining about its a/c, can you please share the link?
The source will not appear here because of some reasons.

People complained that the cooling in 2nd & 3rd row was not good. The reason they assumed is that the Eritga comes with the same AC compressor from the Swift.

About its handling, please drive Innova, try some high speed cuts and then drive the Ertiga and do the same, you'll come to know what I'm speaking of. There is huge amount of diff. in body roll of both the cars.
I know and I agree. Earlier you compared the handling to a Swift and that is why I was shocked. Because I believe Swift has a much better handling.

well, i too have booked ERTIGA ZDI cancelling the Swift Dzire of which am about to take the delivery. I was so cofident on the Model that i didi my Booking First and then took the test drive.

However i was promised to deliver the car within 45 days.[clap]

Hope i will get this best buy at the earliest.

well, i too have booked ERTIGA ZDI cancelling the Swift Dzire of which am about to take the delivery. I was so cofident on the Model that i didi my Booking First and then took the test drive.

However i was promised to deliver the car within 45 days.[clap]

Need more people like you.Will get my dezire ldi faster [;)]

Thread Starter #75

However i was promised to deliver the car within 45 days.

Congo!
I booked Dzire vdi in September last year and I was eagerly waiting for my turn and I still thank God that Ertiga got launched few days before our turn for delivery of Dzire. We got Ertiga 5 days before our Dzire's dealer called us to tell us that our turn has come. Now we will cancel its booking. [:D]
I have to thank God for not giving us Dzire and making us wait for looooong 7 months and now I can say "SABAR KA FAL MEETHA HOTA HAI"! [:)]

Congrats Buddy all the best , drive safe
Thank you!
Need more people like you.Will get my dezire ldi faster
I'm sure,you will!
Congo for your Dzire in advance!

Top Bottom