Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Some pictures at Night-
Many people came to look at the car attracted by its side looks and then they used to say "ohhhh, this is ertiga!!"
It looks like some imported suv! [;)]
DSC03107.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

Looking forward to point wise specific comparison between your Ertiga & Innova (when new) in future.....
[surprise]Must be tough to concentrate on your studies when such a beast (or beauty?) in your backyard!!
Btw, Best regards for your exams!! [thumbsup]

I am not posting interior's photos because plastic covers all around the seats will not look good. But I can post the photos,tell me which of the interior's part you want to see? [:)]
Can you post some dash pics and third row space . I told my cousin again about Ertiga and we called the nearest maruti showroom for a test drive but a test drive vehicle was not yet available and they promised it within 5-6 days , lets see ! If it had launched a few months earlier i would have actually given my Verna a second thaught .I got a Fluidic Verna this February and i am happy with it .
When driving Verna whenever i come across someone driving a vento or linea , they look in jealousy thinking they could have got a verna for the same price if they had waited a little , but today same thing happened to me when i saw an Ertiga on road !

Last edited:
Today my Ertiga completed 180kms and its overall average till now is 14kmpl with 100% a/c driven 100% in city,mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear,rarely in 4th.
DDIS owners, are these figures ok before the 1st service of vehicle???
and yes,its a/c is so damn powerful! It will chill the cabin in 10-15mins (at 39 degrees) and in 5-7 mins(after evening) and you might switch it off due to super chilled cabin. I hope this isn't any problem with my ertiga. :stupid:
Its handling is SUPERB in city!! You can take any turn at any speed just like the swift! Its handle weighs up so nicely varying at diff. speed.
Innova totally sucks in this front!
Congrats on your Ertiga. Colour is nice. And you seem to enjoying each and every moment. [:)] Keep more photos coming in.
Your FE of 14kmpl is more realistic ( in earlier posts you mentioned 22-30 which is way too much and seems unrealistic). You'll get more FE after your engine is run in. Follow running in procedure strictly, will help you in long run.
I heard it has same engine from Swift, with VGT?

All the best for your exams...

Thread Starter #51
Looking forward to point wise specific comparison between your Ertiga & Innova (when new) in future.....
Must be tough to concentrate on your studies when such a beast (or beauty?) in your backyard!!
Btw, Best regards for your exams!!
Thank you!
I'll post the comparison.
You got it right bro! I'm having dreams these days that I'm in ladakh with my Ertiga! I want to go for a very long drive! We are planning for a trip to Amritsar next weekend. I'm not able to study at all. [sleep]

Can you post some dash pics and third row space . I told my cousin again about Ertiga and we called the nearest maruti showroom for a test drive but a test drive vehicle was not yet available and they promised it within 5-6 days , lets see ! If it had launched a few months earlier i would have actually given my Verna a second thaught .I got a Fluidic Verna this February and i am happy with it .
When driving Verna whenever i come across someone driving a vento or linea , they look in jealousy thinking they could have got a verna for the same price if they had waited a little , but today same thing happened to me when i saw an Ertiga on road !
Sure,I'll post the pics 2mrw!
Great to know you got verna, its an awesome car in its segment, probably the best!
May be the same thing will happen to me an year after I'll see some other good car on my side. [;)]
Congrats on your Ertiga. Colour is nice. And you seem to enjoying each and every moment. [:)] Keep more photos coming in.
Your FE of 14kmpl is more realistic ( in earlier posts you mentioned 22-30 which is way too much and seems unrealistic). You'll get more FE after your engine is run in. Follow running in procedure strictly, will help you in long run.
I heard it has same engine from Swift, with VGT?

All the best for your exams...
Thank you!
Yes,its the same engine but with much more power and shorter gear ratios. I used too see the instantaneous avg. before and most of the time it is bw 20-30, but I ignored the time standing on traffic lights and sitting in market with a/c on, which affects the average.
Can you plz tell me more about the running procedure you mentioned?

Some pics of the accessories brochure which I got just before car;s delivery-

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh wow!!!

so there is an option of MGA Luggage carrier. Now that accessory makes most sense of all of them since there is no space for luggage with all 7 seats on.

Luggage carrier will make your car complete for a long drive with full compliment onboard...
Running-in is the process of running your car within controlled rpm and speed for few hundred kilometers. As a standard, try to limit your speed upto 80 kmph for 1st 1000 kms. I know its very hard to resist. :)

Congratulations on ur new car... Enjoy and drive safe.

MSIL have been very consistent with Indian market, they have given us good products over the years...

Concetrate on ur exams bro and plz post some interior pics when you find time.

and yes,its a/c is so damn powerful! It will chill the cabin in 10-15mins (at 39 degrees) and in 5-7 mins(after evening) and you might switch it off due to super chilled cabin. I hope this isn't any problem with my ertiga. :stupid:
Surprisingly, every Ertiga owner or reviewer is complaining about it's poor A/C and you are praising it! Confused.

Its handling is SUPERB in city!! You can take any turn at any speed just like the swift!
[confused]

Saby seems to be extremely excited. We would request you to finish your exams. Later on, drive the car under different conditions and give a good review of the car. [:)]
You have already highlighted its plus points. We would also like to know the areas of drawback. That would immensly help the prospective buyers.

Saby seems to be extremely excited. We would request you to finish your exams. Later on, drive the car under different conditions and give a good review of the car. [:)]
You have already highlighted its plus points. We would also like to know the areas of drawback. That would immensly help the prospective buyers.
Can't agree more. Although the temptation of spending time with the new car is hard to resist. but career comes first :tongue:

Top Bottom