Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

congrats saby! your car looks great in silver! happy miles with her.
Is the breadth of ertiga same as swift ? or is the eritga slightly more broader ?

Congrats Saby , one of my cousin has booked a Dezire zdi , I told him to have a look at this . Can you mention the exact on road cost ? Some interior pics would be great too !

Thread Starter #33
You missed something...
Toyota and Honda did a great job in designing the shape and Suzuki did a great job combining it with Ritz (exterior) & Swift (interior) !

Congratulations! Nice Pics... Yes you are right, Serene Blue is the best colour.
By the way, which is the camera you shot it with? [thumbsup]
Thank you!
Its my sony's slr digicam. [:)]
congrats saby! your car looks great in silver! happy miles with her.
Is the breadth of ertiga same as swift ? or is the eritga slightly more broader ?
Its not silver colour,but Serene Blue.
Its a type of Silverish blue colour.
Its the same as of new swift/dzire,but as its height+g.clearance is marginally increased, its seems to be broader than swift, All around Visibility is great from driver's seat!

Congrats Saby , one of my cousin has booked a Dezire zdi , I told him to have a look at this . Can you mention the exact on road cost ? Some interior pics would be great too !
Its on road cost in chandigarh would be around 9.5 L.
I am not posting interior's photos because plastic covers all around the seats will not look good. But I can post the photos,tell me which of the interior's part you want to see? [:)]

Thread Starter #34
You missed something...
Toyota and Honda did a great job in designing the shape and Suzuki did a great job combining it with Ritz (exterior) & Swift (interior) !![clap]

Congratulations! Nice Pics... Yes you are right, Serene Blue is the best colour.
By the way, which is the camera you shot it with? [thumbsup]
I read your post in Ertiga's main thread about the music system.
Its not of Kenwood, though its Nippon's music system and its sound quality is awesome! I would rate it 4.5/5 in terms of voice quality,volume and functions and looks too! Tweeters are like cherry on the ice cream,and you get reasonable amount of bass too without affecting the voice quality of the song.
If he has a small family,then dzire is good,but if he moves with >4/5 people often,then you have Ertiga! [cheers]

Dear Saby,
Are the rear AC vents are merely like an exhaust fan which has opening on both sides sucking in cold air from the front and throwing it behind like the rear AC vents of the Nissan Sunny. I have seen personally these vents emitting cool air towards rear passengers in a demo car. Also Ertiga’s official brochure mentions “Separate air-conditioning in the rear cabin with three easy settings”. Then why the top duct has openings on front side?[confused]
Pl check the same on your vehicle and clarify the doubt if possible...

Thread Starter #36
Dear Saby,
Are the rear AC vents are merely like an exhaust fan which has opening on both sides sucking in cold air from the front and throwing it behind like the rear AC vents of the Nissan Sunny. I have seen personally these vents emitting cool air towards rear passengers in a demo car. Also Ertiga’s official brochure mentions “Separate air-conditioning in the rear cabin with three easy settings”. Then why the top duct has openings on front side?[confused]
Pl check the same on your vehicle and clarify the doubt if possible...
There is a condenser and cooling coil for the rear a/c vents. I'm 100% sure of that! I even confirmed it with my sales executive and a mechanic(actually he was more than that) and it emits the same cold air as in front ac vents.
Front side opening might be to suck some air in,I guess. :P
Don't worry about the ac, its equally good as of swift's! [:)]

I read your post in Ertiga's main thread about the music system.
Its not of Kenwood, though its Nippon's music system and its sound quality is awesome! I would rate it 4.5/5 in terms of voice quality,volume and functions and looks too! Tweeters are like cherry on the ice cream,and you get reasonable amount of bass too without affecting the voice quality of the song.
Thanks Saby for sharing your experience with the ZDI’s music system & sound quality, very encouraging!!
But how about upgrade to a touch screen one?
Is it available as an accessory?
Is buyback of the stock one available?
Is it worth?
I think it lacks the DVD playback, Bluetooth connectivity (as seen in Manza).
I have read a review of xuv500, I was impressed by the touch screen music system on it (most part of the review covered the music system in detail instead of the vehicle)[;)].
ERTIGA would have been a real SUV with such kind of music system!![thumbsup]

Congrats on your new buy.

Saw it in the showroom and IMO Pictures definitely don't do any justice to the car, the car looks way better in flesh than pictures.

Happy mile munching with your new found LUV :biggrin:

Hi saby,

Nice to see more pics of your car. Are you considering any accessories to be put on your Ertiga, like front bull-bar or roof rails?

Can someone answer this, can roof-rails be purchased in outside market & be fitted only by sticking then & not by drilling holes on the roof? This is only to add sporty character & not for fitting roof-carrier.
Something like this would make it look more sporty IMO:

Attachments

Hi Saby,

Congratulations on your new Ertiga ZDi.

I wanted to know how good is the performance of moving with full load of 7 adult passengers, have you tried doing this on your vehicle on a long a distance.

I was skeptical about the car as it is 300kg heavier than swift dzire with same engine and also heavier than SX4. How did you find the performance of the vehicle with 7 people. I found the vehicle to be sluggish on the 3rd gear when I test drove the vehicle, not sure whether this is because of the car I got.

Can you share your experience on the performance.

Thanks
Shyam

Thread Starter #42
Thanks Saby for sharing your experience with the ZDI’s music system & sound quality, very encouraging!!
But how about upgrade to a touch screen one?
Is it available as an accessory?
Is buyback of the stock one available?
Is it worth?
I think it lacks the DVD playback, Bluetooth connectivity (as seen in Manza).
I have read a review of xuv500, I was impressed by the touch screen music system on it (most part of the review covered the music system in detail instead of the vehicle)
ERTIGA would have been a real SUV with such kind of music system!![thumbsup]
Again,you have the answer your question- PRICE. Ertiga-zdi is still cheaper than entry level Xuv.
Though the stereo in Zdi is of 16k (excluding speakers & tweeters) at showroom. It have cd+usb+aux+fm options,but not dvd.

if production take off well and demands are met...
I bet a million Dollar,this is the innova Killer..!!!

Hell with Toyota's monopoly and arrogance!
Though I have an Innova too, still I'll be damn happy to see Innova's sales sliding drastically! I'm much more bigger fan of Suzuki than of Toyota. [;)]
Congrats on your new buy.

Saw it in the showroom and IMO Pictures definitely don't do any justice to the car, the car looks way better in flesh than pictures.

Happy mile munching with your new found LUV
Thank you! I don't understand why they don't upload the right colour.
Hi saby,

Nice to see more pics of your car. Are you considering any accessories to be put on your Ertiga, like front bull-bar or roof rails?

Can someone answer this, can roof-rails be purchased in outside market & be fitted only by sticking then & not by drilling holes on the roof? This is only to add sporty character & not for fitting roof-carrier.
Something like this would make it look more sporty IMO:
Hey! I'm not a fan of other body accessories,alloys and 60% black film will make my car sexy!
Hi Saby,

Congratulations on your new Ertiga ZDi.

I wanted to know how good is the performance of moving with full load of 7 adult passengers, have you tried doing this on your vehicle on a long a distance.

I was skeptical about the car as it is 300kg heavier than swift dzire with same engine and also heavier than SX4. How did you find the performance of the vehicle with 7 people. I found the vehicle to be sluggish on the 3rd gear when I test drove the vehicle, not sure whether this is because of the car I got.

Can you share your experience on the performance.

Thanks
Shyam
Thank you!

Hi Saby,

Congratulations on the new Ertiga Zdi.

I wanted to check with you on the performance of Ertiga when fully loaded with 7 adults, how has the performance been when traveling with all 7 occupants. Did you find any sluggishness.

The reason for asking is the Diesel engine being used is the same for Swift Dzire, SX4 with some tuning performed for Ertiga, so I was wondering how it is performing with 7 occupants and even Ertiga is also heavier by 300+ kgs compared to Dzire and SX4.

I also found the performance lacking in 3rd gear when I test drove the vehicle but only for a small distance hence wanted your feedback on performance of the vehicle.

I am also planning for this vehicle ZDi variant but was skeptical about the performance with 7 people on board.

Thanks
Shyam
Thank you!

I didn't test the car on highway,but I was feeling almost the same power like Innova in the city with 7 people on board. One has to work a little and go acc. to the gear ratios and it doesn't take more than 2-3 days to get used to it. [:)]
Yes,3rd gear feels a little sluggish till 1900-2000 rpm, but 3rd gear is best to drive in traffic,without turbo. At 40kmph in 3rd gear, rpm touches exactly 1900, 100rpm before turbo, which I felt was good to drive in city.
Everything mentioned above is with a/c ON.
I'm sure, after entering the turbo zone, car will pull better than Innova, acc. to the power I feel while driving it.

I have driven 68 bhp tata sumo extensively over almost all type of terrain.

If it can go anywhere with full load and less power and torque, I am sure Ertiga, which is lighter than sumo and have 20 more BHPs and 85 more NMs wont let you down.

I still remember overtaking in the sumo used to be a hard task. I have to plan years before I can actually overtake other vehicles on highways :lol!:

and on top of that higher CG meant it was top heavy and always felt it will topple on turns if not driven within prescribed limits.

Ertiga might not be at top of the acceleration chart but will definitely do the desired tasks if kept in the torque range.

Thread Starter #45
Today my Ertiga completed 180kms and its overall average till now is 14kmpl with 100% a/c driven 100% in city,mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear,rarely in 4th.
DDIS owners, are these figures ok before the 1st service of vehicle???
and yes,its a/c is so damn powerful! It will chill the cabin in 10-15mins (at 39 degrees) and in 5-7 mins(after evening) and you might switch it off due to super chilled cabin. I hope this isn't any problem with my ertiga. :stupid:
Its handling is SUPERB in city!! You can take any turn at any speed just like the swift! Its handle weighs up so nicely varying at diff. speed.
Innova totally sucks in this front!

Top Bottom