Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #91
yes, it wont matter what suzuki has copied from whom but the end product should be the best like ERTIGA.

saby,why dont you fit up any accessories for this? Actually it looks Extra ordinary with the Styling Kit and things i hope.

Is the MGA for ERTIGA is available at dealers or we have to wait for that too?
Yes,of course they are available any time you want to install anything in your vehicle,whether at the time of your car's delivery or anytime after that. Price is same in both the conditions.
I will install sun control film,seat covers,steering cover,parking sensors and jbl bass tube (only if it fits into the boot) very soon!
There will be "Ertiga's Chinese Democracy" on roads soon! [;)]
And the alloys design from Toyota ETIOS.

freakdude.
Just remove 2 spokes from Ertiga's alloys. [:D]

what exactly is MGA, please suggest what comes under styling kit..
MGA is what you call "Company Fitted Accessories" .
*Applicable only for Maruti Suzuki vehicles. [:)]

Last edited:
It seems that ERTIGA waiting period would be touching soon to > 6months. I got my DL also yesterday. Now I am itching get my ERTIGA :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But guys, how to take proper committment from the S.E/Dealer? orally! or is it enough if they mention the delivery lead time in the Booking Docket?

Do we have any authority to question them if incase they fail to deliver the vehical within the committed time?[confused]

But guys, how to take proper committment from the S.E/Dealer? orally! or is it enough if they mention the delivery lead time in the Booking Docket?

Do we have any authority to question them if incase they fail to deliver the vehical within the committed time?[confused]
Delivery times are never legally committed. It's just a guesstimate of the dealer based on bookings made and expected lot deliveries from the plant. And yes, you have the authority to question him but be ready for lame excuses. [:D]

freakdude.

@ Autoexperts:

I have booked ERTIGA with color option as Red/Grey on 15th April. After 3 days I gave them written application to consider the color as grey. Now feeling to make it as Red.

The sales manager told that change in color will cause in increase in waiting period. I am very naive in buying a car, kindly suggest... Please treat this as an urgent question...

@ Autoexperts:

I have booked ERTIGA with color option as Red/Grey on 15th April. After 3 days I gave them written application to consider the color as grey. Now feeling to make it as Red.

The sales manager told that change in color will cause in increase in waiting period. I am very naive in buying a car, kindly suggest... Please treat this as an urgent question...
If you really want to go for Red, go & tell your dealer immediately. The sooner the better. The company prepares production schedule as per the bookings received & then colour wise batches will be scheduled. So get in touch with your dealer asap.
Even I had confusion between Brown & Red, but my dealer told me to book the car first, let my booking go in the queue, then I can change my colour choice.
I would suggest you to get the colour you like instead of regretting later.

Thread Starter #97
According to what I experienced during 7 months of waiting for Dzire vdi,
there are always many cars delivered to people who booked much later than you by >>JECK<<. Yes,this happens everywhere. My dealer also advised me to apply some jeck/sifaarish to get the car earlier. I won't tell the name of that dealer. He also told me that the car which was allotted to me from Gurgaon was delivered to someone else,so I will get someone's else car.
I would highly recommend to stick to the colour which you've already booked if you want to get the car asap. But if you like the other colour more and if that matters you, then choose that colour and get ready to wait for few months. Around 15-20 specific cars reach most of the dealers every month and first call your dealer and ask how much bookings have been already made,then you can yourself make out how much time will it take get your car.

Cheers! [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #99
@saby bhai
I hope 20% dezire bookings get converted to ERTIGA
Yes,you might be right. But I think sales of Etios,Manza,Verna,Rapid & Vento will also drop.

Why a person choose Dzire's new model-
1- "Dzire" brand name.
2- Sedan status at a cheap price.
3- Superb mileage.
4- Maruti A.$.$
5- Superb Re-sale value even after 5 years of ownership(Diesel only)

What he is compromising-

1- Boot space (One easily get almost the same amount of boot in Punto/i20/Figo). But again if I would be in the same situation, I would have considered the above factors more than this single negative one.
And one is buying Dzire after knowing its Boot capacity, so you cannot criticize his selection because he know how much boot he needs, that is why he selected Dzire otherwise he would have gone for Etios/Manza.
IMO Dzire's boot is not that small how much everyone criticises.
So Dzire is best in its segment, Therefore it won't face tough competition from Ertiga.

If we consider other sedans such as Manza & Etios-

Their positives-
1- Hugeeee boot space.
2- Good engines.
3- Toyota brand.
4- Tata brand (Subjective in diff. cities, though many people are its fan)
5- Decent mileage.

Their negatives-

1- Unreliable A.$.$ (I own an Innova and its A.$$ here in chd is just average, I won't rate it higher than avg.)
2- Costly spare parts than Maruti
3- Unknown Re-sale for Etios.
4- Less price difference bw them and Ertiga.
5- Poor interiors.

In case of Verna/Rapid/Vento-

Ok, let me tell you that I've met manyy people who own these cars and were very impressed from Ertiga, its space,its performance( not on paper,but on road) and its looks.

Their positives-
1- These cars are considered as super sedans (specially verna)
2- Killing looks
3- Skoda's reliable engines in Vento & Rapid.
4- Good amount of Boot
5- STATUS (One gets easily if he owns one of these cars)

Their negatives-
1- I can't trust korean diesel engine ever for long term running.
2- Not enough headroom for tall people.
3- Strictly average interiors.
4- Costly and unreliable services and parts,mostly in case of Skoda.
5-Price difference bw them and Ertiga.

If we compare Ertiga with cars other than Dzire, what a person will get-

1-Very spacious car( great amount of headroom for front 5 passengers and average for rear 2)
2- More boot than these all sedans.( Boot in Ertiga is measured upto the starting of windows, i.e around 400lts with folded 3rd row and 800lts with folded 2nd row. But these no's are measured till the lower part of the window only, you can keep big things in its boot like a cycle [;)] )
3- IMO, Ertiga's interiors are better looking than of Verna/Rapid and Vento and Much better than Etios and Manza.
3- Its ZDI costs considerably less than Vento,Rapid and Verna's top model. (One will get Airbags+Abs+Ebd+Good stereo and all top model's features which one won't get in same price in other cars)
4- Its re-sale value is also going to be good imo, according to the booking numbers I am seeing.
5-Maruti A.$.$
6- 5+2 Flexible seating for short trips. (No matter you buy a top end verna/rapid, you'll be able to seat 5 people only in it . *For short trips)
7- Decent mileage in both Petrol & Diesel.
8- Ertiga's Petrol makes perfect sense if you travel less but will a big family.

Its Negatives-
1- 135 lts boot with 7 passengers ( 135 lts boot --> A big LOL , you can't travel for long trips with 7 people unless you get a roof carrier)
2- Diesel Ertiga is sluggish untill 2000rpm (Which I don't like)
3-Leg room with 7 people when compared to other sedans.
You can easily carry 5+luggage or 7 people in Ertiga without compromising with its performance and its cruising ability.
Its a/c is good, considering its cabin space, and yes,
IT HAS GOT A BIGGER A/C COMPRESSOR THAN SWIFT'S / DZIRE'S / SX4'S AND ITS REAR A/C VENTS ARE NOT MERE BLOWERS, EVEN THEY HAVE CONDENSERS AND THROW EQUALLY CHILLED AIR AS THE FRONT ONE'S.

IMO, Ertiga will dent Etios/Manza/Verna/Rapid/Vento's sales than Dzire's,
as their is considerable price diff. in Dzire and Ertiga ,but not in other cars and Ertiga.
Dzire's customer is getting in Dzire what actually he wants, but in case of other cars, he is getting more(space & seating capacity) in Ertiga, which we Indians considers the most at almost the same or less price. But still Ertiga will affect Dzire's sales too like in my case, I was willing to buy a more spacious car like Etios, but was reclined towards Dzire's positives(which many are common with Ertiga's).
And I'm sure, One also gets " BADI GAADI" wala status in Ertiga! [;)]
*NO OFFENCE PLEASE, THESE ALL ARE MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS.
CHEERS! [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #100
Got Llumar silver sunfilm installed in 2500 (discounted rate acc. to him) from an unauthorised shop.
Its little dark than what is allowed.
After sunfilm's installation, I pointed out 3-4 small scratches/lines and air bubbles, and he was like "YE AAM FILM SE MOTI FILM HAI, ISKO 1-2 DIN SOOKHNE ME LAGENGE,AUR ITNA TO CHALTA HAI..."
Now I can't point it out,whether those air bubbles will go or not in few days. :help:

28042012641.jpg

Last edited:
Yes,you might be right. But I think sales of Etios,Manza,Verna,Rapid & Vento will also drop......................................................

IMO, Ertiga will dent Etios/Manza/Verna/Rapid/Vento's sales than Dzire's,
as their is considerable price diff. in Dzire and Ertiga ,but not in other cars and Ertiga.
Dzire's customer is getting in Dzire what actually he wants, but in case of other cars, he is getting more(space & seating capacity) in Ertiga, which we Indians considers the most at almost the same or less price. But still Ertiga will affect Dzire's sales too like in my case, I was willing to buy a more spacious car like Etios, but was reclined towards Dzire's positives(which many are common with Ertiga's).
And I'm sure, One also gets " BADI GAADI" wala status in Ertiga! [;)]
*NO OFFENCE PLEASE, THESE ALL ARE MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS.
CHEERS! [:)]
MY Opinion: There are different segments of buyers in India. And except for few, most follow herd mentality.
  • There are Maruti loyal customers who will buy nothing but a Maruti. A great chunk of these buyers will opt out Dzire and go for Ertiga...You are one of them..
  • Vento, Rapid lie in segment above that of Ertiga. They are more comfortable, with superior interior quality. Buyers of this section wont look towards Ertiga.
  • Maruti cars have longer waiting period (thanks to herd mentality of many INDIANS). No doubt Maruti has many + points. Other players too have. This waiting period repels many prospective buyers.
  • Like Maruti, there are buyers loyal to TATA or TOYOTA. They wont buy any other brand. Ertiga cant move them. Toyotas and TATAs have there own advantages.
In my opinion, Ertiga is definitely an excellent car. It will find a lot of buyers (high volume of bookings speak of that). Ertiga is not going to create much stir among the mentioned sedans. Yes it will definitely eat away a share of Dezire (even SX4) sales. And a long waiting list.

By the way, your car is looking more beautiful after being llumard.

Last edited:
Got Llumar silver sunfilm installed in 2500 (discounted rate acc. to him) from an unauthorised shop.
Its little dark than what is allowed.
After sunfilm's installation, I pointed out 3-4 small scratches/lines and air bubbles, and he was like "YE AAM FILM SE MOTI FILM HAI, ISKO 1-2 DIN SOOKHNE ME LAGENGE,AUR ITNA TO CHALTA HAI..."
Now I can't point it out,whether those air bubbles will go or not in few days. :help:

View attachment 48655
Yeah.. Some of the bubbles will be reduced after 2 days or so. But still, if it happens, then go to him & get it redone. I got my sun coolings redone at free of cost due to the air bubbles!
And you can't expect 100% perfection from them!

Thread Starter #104
MY Opinion: There are different segments of buyers in India. And except for few, most follow herd mentality.
  • There are Maruti loyal customers who will buy nothing but a Maruti. A great chunk of these buyers will opt out Dzire and go for Ertiga...You are one of them..
  • Vento, Rapid lie in segment above that of Ertiga. They are more comfortable, with superior interior quality. Buyers of this section wont look towards Ertiga.
  • Maruti cars have longer waiting period (thanks to herd mentality of many INDIANS). No doubt Maruti has many + points. Other players too have. This waiting period repels many prospective buyers.
  • Like Maruti, there are buyers loyal to TATA or TOYOTA. They wont buy any other brand. Ertiga cant move them. Toyotas and TATAs have there own advantages.
In my opinion, Ertiga is definitely an excellent car. It will find a lot of buyers (high volume of bookings speak of that). Ertiga is not going to create much stir among the mentioned sedans. Yes it will definitely eat away a share of Dezire (even SX4) sales. And a long waiting list.

By the way, your car is looking more beautiful after being llumard.
I agree!
I wrote in my earlier post too,that they too have their loyal customers and every car has its own advantage.
All I wanted to say was that sales of cars other than Dzire will also get effected.
Yeah.. Some of the bubbles will be reduced after 2 days or so. But still, if it happens, then go to him & get it redone. I got my sun coolings redone at free of cost due to the air bubbles!
And you can't expect 100% perfection from them!
All the small bubbles from all the windows disappeared within 2 days.
But bubbles didn't go from the windshield after 2 days, got it redone.
Now I fear that I've installed the dark film (65%). But got the certificate and sticker from the dealer, I hope they'll help in case of any problem. :P
I'll park the car in sun for few days so that film could fade a little. :stupid:

Note: More images included in the opening post as per request.
Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks! [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom