Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Bought: Ownership Review

Friends,

Delivery of my Jeannie [:D] is due tomorrow Sun 8th July 2014. Please let me know what all need to be taken care like paper work, warranty etc. I don't want to miss out anything.

Dear Ertiga Owners,

I had been contemplating to purchase Ertiga Zdi for quiet some time. Today I had got the below quote from one of the chennai dealer for Dec 2013 manufactured vehicle. Only Dusky Brown is available for this price as he has the Dec 2013 vehicle. For other colors would be 2014 manufactured models and would have 5-6 % more price.
On Road - 10, 63,636
Cash Discount-25000
Discount of 3rd & 4th Year Warranty - 11000
Corporate Discount - 1500

So it comes to 10,26,136

Can you please guide me whether this is good price and shall I go ahead on the purchase.
Also whether buying Dec 2013 manufactured vehicle is sensible now.
Hi sakavin, nice discount
me too brough ertiga zdi-steel wheel (dec-13 mfg. model) from boisar(Thane) showroom
discount details:
Ex-showroom 832000/-
Total on road 961000/- (including RTO+ins.+Depo charge)

After all discount At home price- 930000/- with following freebies
Teflon coat, engine coat,MGA Seat cover, antirust, silencer coat, side moulding, bumper corner protector

Following accessories at extra price
RPAS with digital display-2900/-
Floor lamination)Pu-leather-3000
3rd and 4th yr warranty at price of Rs.6700/-(Rs 5000/- discount)

Hi All !!

I have started facing strange things in Ertiga.
Like, when Ignition is put on sometimes the instrument lights gets on and they remain on without lights being turned on. On shutting the vehicle down totally and starting again resolves the problem and this occurs on its own anytime. Also when we take the keys out of the ignition there should be a sound of steering getting locked and all doors should get unlocked but sometimes on taking out the keys it does not makes the door unlocked and neither the steering is locked. I have to again insert keys and take it out for things to happen right way. Even sometimes AC is not working properly.
Service guys really have got no idea of this and I am really researching on net for the problem. What I think this could be the earthing problem as I read somewhere that bad earthing could lead electronics to behave weirdly. Any of you have got any idea?

ABis ji get it checked thoroughly with full inspection.
If it is a defect, then get it done under Warranty.
Probably a malfunctioning sensor or faulty wires.

small ownership experience at 10k Kms

Hello everyone,
Today I have completed 10k on ODO in my Ertiga ZDI in 6months
I would like to share some positives and negatives about the vehicle.
The Ertiga is just an awesome vehicle, no matter what the task is, it always served me. M very happy with my Ertiga.
I use Ertiga only for highways and for city driving use my palio
As the palio is old enough and m very impatient and always put the car in tight gaps so don't want any scratch or dent on my new Ertiga.(I am not saying that ertiga is not good for city drive.)
On highways the Ertiga is very stable and don't give you a feel that you are doing 120 140 kmph. Once the turbo kicks in the Ertiga feels like a rocket and behaves like a petrol engine.
Last time on NH9 an after a toll gate an Ecosport diesel started racing with me. Initialy I let him go ahead of me and them overtook him at 140kmph the ecosport was trying hard but not able to overtake me again[:D]
Well apart from this the fuel economy for my Ertiga is 14-15kmpl in city and 19-20kmpl on highway. I drive at 2100- 2200 Rpm. in the range of 90kmph to 100kmph max if I want good mileage. Once I drove at 140kmph most of the time and it return only 17 kmpl (tankfull to tankfull method only)
One thing I felt is the Ertiga needs lots of gears changes in city driving and some times my dad is uncomfortable with the hard turbo kick which is little bit uneasy for city driving for them... actually my dad don't know about the turbo engine and all that gimmicks, when they drive the Ertiga for first time they complained me that the car is being accelerated automatically sometimes as they dont know the turbo kicks in after 2k rmp only[confused]
Overall I am a very happy owner of Ertiga.
Sorry for any mistakes its my first long post

Re: small ownership experience at 10k Kms

Hello everyone,
Today I have completed 10k on ODO in my Ertiga ZDI in 6months
I would like to share some positives and negatives about the vehicle.
The Ertiga is just an awesome vehicle, no matter what the task is, it always served me. M very happy with my Ertiga.
I use Ertiga only for highways and for city driving use my palio
As the palio is old enough and m very impatient and always put the car in tight gaps so don't want any scratch or dent on my new Ertiga.(I am not saying that ertiga is not good for city drive.)
On highways the Ertiga is very stable and don't give you a feel that you are doing 120 140 kmph. Once the turbo kicks in the Ertiga feels like a rocket and behaves like a petrol engine.
Last time on NH9 an after a toll gate an Ecosport diesel started racing with me. Initialy I let him go ahead of me and them overtook him at 140kmph the ecosport was trying hard but not able to overtake me again[:D]
Well apart from this the fuel economy for my Ertiga is 14-15kmpl in city and 19-20kmpl on highway. I drive at 2100- 2200 Rpm. in the range of 90kmph to 100kmph max if I want good mileage. Once I drove at 140kmph most of the time and it return only 17 kmpl (tankfull to tankfull method only)
One thing I felt is the Ertiga needs lots of gears changes in city driving and some times my dad is uncomfortable with the hard turbo kick which is little bit uneasy for city driving for them... actually my dad don't know about the turbo engine and all that gimmicks, when they drive the Ertiga for first time they complained me that the car is being accelerated automatically sometimes as they dont know the turbo kicks in after 2k rmp only[confused]
Overall I am a very happy owner of Ertiga.
Sorry for any mistakes its my first long post
Ertiga is a reliable vehicle and lives upto the expectation of its users.
Dude... Dont get into road rage with other drivers out there on the road.Jut a suggestion.[:)]

Dear Jayantji,
Keep a sedate driving pattern and don't race wantedly.
For city driving it is best to shift up at 2000rpm just about when the turbo kicks in, to avoid the sudden jerks.
This will enhance efficiency too.
Welcome to TAI and also to the LUVers club!
You can open your Ownership thread of your LUV, with photos too.

Whoa!! Thats seriously wild speed for the LUV![shock] Still it can do 170 too.
Because of interest, how was the stability and handling at that speed? How was the engine? Better be it the first and last time.
Try and follow my method for maximum efficiency.

I'm planning to buy my second Ertiga ZDi as a very happy with the first one.Had waited for the Honda Mobilio but it is so lame from any and all angles compared to the Ertiga that I've decided to get another Ertiga! My question should I buy it this month as there are discounts of Rs 20000 or should I wait and get it in September to avail festive discounts.? Will the Ertiga ZDi get a facelift before Diwali 2014? Any news on that front. Last year its the month of September I believe the Felize edition was launched? Should I wait? Please advise.

Welcome to TAI Anauj bro!
Glad to know that you are also a satisfied LUVer![:D]
I guess a facelift is in the works for the Ertiga. Need to wait till Diwali for confirmation.
If not, there are various offers going on right now.[roll]
A question Out of interest, why another Ertiga while you already have one?

Bro,Its l because I live in one big mad joint family and we frequent the Darjeeling hills or Puri or Varanasi together hence. Now I have a daughter / nanny hence its getting cramped now. Moreover my inlaws are also another big joint family and even madder!!! Ha ha ha. We all travel together sometimes. Twice a year minimum.

I'm getting the ZDi alloy for Rs 950000 on road after a hard bargain. I hope the price is good. But am sceptical since September is the month when they launched the Feliz last year IMO,correct me if I'm wrong. And moreover don't wanna feel miserable seeing a new Ertiga just after I buy Mine !!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom