Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VDi Long-Term Review: 30K Kms Of My Silver Journey

Thread Starter #16
Re: Bought New Ertiga VDi

That's a great figure! 17 for local city traffic is too good!
I get 15-16kmpl in Coimbatore city traffic and 19-21kmpl on highways depending on speed and driving patterns. Have you done any highway drive yet? If not yet, try maintaining speed at 2000rpm just at the turbo boost point of 80 kmph constantly and see the overall mileage figure rise drastically. The display will show 30kmpl in real time efficiency.
till now i didn't get chance to drive on highway so i am planning for a weekend vacation after first servicing done, only then i am able to know the exact fuel efficiency of new car. while my dzire returns 18/kmpl in 60/40 % local/highway so if ertiga give 17 then i am more then happy with this efficiency[glasses]

Heartiest congratulations on your ertiga and wishing you many happy miles with it.
Do share more about the comparision of both your maruti with same diesel mill as how you are able to experience in both these vehicles you have.

till now i didn't get chance to drive on highway so i am planning for a weekend vacation after first servicing done, only then i am able to know the exact fuel efficiency of new car. while my dzire returns 18/kmpl in 60/40 % local/highway so if ertiga give 17 then i am more then happy with this efficiency
17kmpl? Why so less ji? Try what I said and you will get more than 20 kmpl!
Only if you are a power driver, then you will not resist to cross 80kmph. But for a new car, don't cross 80 kmph speed till 1000kms on the odo.

@ praveen, congrats on your new acquisition. Ertiga is a very good car and am sure it will not disappoint you.

Just one suggestion, if you have got MRF tyres with your car and if your car has not done more than 200kms on the odo till now than just go and exchange those tyres, because that tyres are just a piece of crap. Upgrade to some better tyres as now you will have to just pay the minimum difference. You can go for bit broader tyre also of size 195/60/15 and if you would like to stick to same size than you can go for yokohama earth 1 185/65/15 too.

I congratulate you for your new car. Please make it a habit to get your car dry cleaned from inside after every 20k km's as Ertiga interior color is very light and prone to get dirty very early.

Thanks

Thread Starter #21

@ praveen, congrats on your new acquisition. Ertiga is a very good car and am sure it will not disappoint you.

Just one suggestion, if you have got MRF tyres with your car and if your car has not done more than 200kms on the odo till now than just go and exchange those tyres, because that tyres are just a piece of crap. Upgrade to some better tyres as now you will have to just pay the minimum difference. You can go for bit broader tyre also of size 195/60/15 and if you would like to stick to same size than you can go for yokohama earth 1 185/65/15 too.
Ohh i missed it, My car Have MRF tyre but i already driven for 800km
going to visit some Tyre shop if anyone agree to change else have to use same for next few years. [confused]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22

I congratulate you for your new car. Please make it a habit to get your car dry cleaned from inside after every 20k km's as Ertiga interior color is very light and prone to get dirty very early.

Thanks
Thanks Dear,

I always keep my cars clean, driven Dzire for 39K & it still shine like new from inside.
every weekend i spend few hrs in cleaning my both cars.

Thread Starter #26

After Honda Mobilio price declaration i feel that i make very good decision as i never going to pay 150k more for mobilio with that much cost cutting & such below class interior. i am happy with Ertiga, thanks friends for suggesting Ertiga.

Thread Starter #27

My ertiga is done more then 8k now & its running very smooth. I have done two changes
1. upgrade front speakers with Pioneer component (speaker + tweeter).
it will improve sound quality & high end is now more clear due to tweeters .
as i am not using amplifier so boss is not good.
planing to add 4 channel amp & a sub woofer only issue is boot space that feel sufficient to add a sub-woofer box.

2. change cabin dome light to led (16 led light).
changing bulb with LED give great result, More light in cabin & its white so feel cool.
& power consumption is also very less only 0.5 watt LED while bulb have 10 watt power consumption so changing both bulb will save 19 Watt power [:D]

car returns 17.8 kmpl in 80% of city drive.
IMG_20150106_112213910.jpg

IMG_20150106_112232419.jpg
LED is super bright & feels great. gives more light then normal bulb.
IMG_20150106_112242050.jpg

IMG_20150106_112253254.jpg
Tweeters are fixed where OE tweeters come.
IMG_20150106_112315894.jpg

Last edited:

Hey parveen what is the tweeter and cost of it. can you put a clear pic of tweeter in day light

Hey I am looking for detailed picture of tweeter and if any link from where you purchased.

Top Bottom