Maruti Suzuki Ertiga LUV Now Launched at Rs.5.89 Lacs

Both the interiors as well as the exteriors look stunning especially the design of the tail lamps but am sure the production model will not look very great!

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Doesn't looks so that we will get suicide doors in production model. No one read this? :

350Z said:
I just read an interesting post on a blog that Maruti R-III Concept is "so-called" new because it's nothing but a copy of Opel Meriva. Though the car makers share some designs in foreign markets of other models as well like Ritz (Opel Agila). Click here to read more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Had read it, and yes, there were a few similarities.
I guess some designer got influenced!!!

350Z

Core Team
It has been rumored that Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch production model of R-III MPV by next year. The car is said to be based on the stretched Maruti Sx4 platform, It will be manufactured at Gurgaon plant and later exported to other International markets like Latin America. Pricing is still a question and I guess R-III is going to compete with upcoming GM-Wuling MPVs (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1684-wuling-chinese-mpvs-their-way-india.html).

“We don’t show a concept car unless we plan to produce it at some time. The A-star quite resembles its concept shown last time. Typically, the RIII concept should take around two-and-a-half years to come into production, depending upon the interest we see in the model,” Mr Mayank Parikh, Executive Officer, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki, said.
Drive Safe,
350Z

[clap] Maruti is targetting each and every segment in india!! Why do i feel that GM-Wuling is going to have sleepless nights after R-III is launched?!

Yeah Maruti seems to be stepping into all segments! The only segment where they have failed is SUV/MUV and that is also because it failed to have a diesel engine!

350Z

Core Team
R-III MPV Launching on 2012 Auto Expo!

Maruti is planning to come up with R-III MPV at 2012 Auto Expo, This MPV will give a head-on answer to Toyota Innova and Mahindra Xylo, and expected price is Rs.7 to 9 Lakhs.

"There's a lot more competition now as compared to 5 years earlier. They are getting into MUV's, which is a clear sign of expanding the product lineup," Rakesh Batra, auto partner at Ernst and Young said.
Source: NDTV

Drive Safe,
350Z

hurray! sounds great.. maruti is answering innova..i can rather confidently say it now that R-3 will be another very successful MUV in India! [thumbswink]

Re: Maruti New R-III MPV Concept On Cards

Maruti Suzuki has expanded its line up of cars very well. The company has a car in all the segments from the humble small car to the luxury D-segment. However, one segment where it is absent is the MPV segment which is ruled by the Toyota Innova. The company showcased its concept R3 last year at the 2010 Auto Expo and are almost ready for commercial production. The Maruti Suzuki R3 might not be called the R3 afterall and might get a new name. It will be positioned agianst the Toyota Innova and Mahindra Xylo with prices starting at Rs. 8 lakhs. Developed on an extended SX4 platform, the new MPV from the country’s largest automaker will be available in both diesel and petrol variants with the company offering alternative fuel options after a few months.
Source - Motorbeam

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maruti New R-III MPV Concept On Cards

Maruti has not explored this segment so far! Lets wait and see what they come up with finally.

One hand i feel being a Maruti it will be a good success on the other hand i feel Maruti has not been able to do well with cars above 6Lakhs , Maruti has its large customer base only for small hatches.

Top Bottom