Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Engine Oil Leakage

There are no scratches.The scratches that you have marked is normal,most aluminium parts have it.That is a bracket for the AC and not the crankcase.

There are no marks on the sump anywhere or any dents.

I think only very few number of cars have faced this problem.
We should detect the cars with this leakage problem are which year and month manufactured so that it makes easy for other members.

That is the oil sump not the crankcase.The marking of the scratches is the bracket for the AC.
Bro the oil sump/oil pan is other wise known as the crank case, the case where the crank is...

And think we are viewing the same pic and i would suggest that to let the owner who uploaded the pic do the checking.

The crank case is the housing for the crankshaft.The enclosure forms the largest cavity in the engine and is located below the cylinders.Crankcases have often been discrete parts, but more often they are integral with the cylinder bank(s), forming an engine block.

A crankcase often has an opening in the bottom to which an oil pan is attached with a gasketed bolted joint.

Source:Wikipedia

CRANKCASE
The metal case enclosing the crankshaft and associated parts in a reciprocating engine.
The metal housing that encloses the crankshaft, connecting rods, etc., in an internal-combustion engine, reciprocating pump, etc.

In short the metal cover or housing that is fixed by bolts with a gasket is the crankcase or oilsump or oilpan.
crankcase - definition of crankcase by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
A good mechanic can explain and show this than theory on the links.

Last edited:
Crank case is different and oil pan is different. Crank case holds all the connecting rods, pistons etc..

Here are some pic's which show the oil pan and crank case. (Taken from SS80's thread).

Note : Pic's are of 800's engine.

In Ertiga's case it might be because of the gasket which is placed in between the crank case and oil sump.

Or it might be due to oil pressure switch leakage.

Attachments

Thanks Varun for the detailed explanation.I hope you are satisfied Alex.

Varun, the problem in the Ertiga was due rear oil seal that failed.I have spoken to the mods and have asked one of the people who faced the problem to post the detailed writeup.I hope it happens soon.

I would beg to differ with Alex the component in question seems to be way up to have scratches (caused by rough terrain )without causing damage to other items nearby - its seems like a case of of the oil seals going kaput - Aluminium parts do have textures like the one seen in the picture.

You should report to MASS immediately,might me gasket issue,and the scratches seen can be finishing of the product,possibility of scratching that part is quite low.

Top Bottom