Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Engine Oil Leakage

I too would have pressed for a new engine/car since the problem seems to be prevalent from the beginning.
Do not settle for anything less.

Thread Starter #17
Dear S5157,

I had to turn all the turtles sleeping in the service station, took 3 days leave from office and sat there, poking in between every hour.

Seems like you have to do these things. or they will keep the car in service station for another week.

PS - They will do everything to hide the true reason from you. I was keeping an eye sitting there, hence knew the reason.

Please keep posted though, it makes two of us here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maruti has replaced the half-engine that includes the cylinder block/pistons/crankshaft/connecting rods etc. The leak was from the crankshaft rear oil seal and they will take the faulty halfengine to factory for analysis so that they could find the root cause.

They have allocated their south zone technical lead to work on this issue along with two very experienced technical resources. I have been there personally through the whole process and was impressed with thier dedication to fix the issue.

I test drove the Ertiga twice. Fantastic car. I don't get impressed easily. You just got to keep in mind that it's a nice car with more seats. Not an MPV/SUV.

My whole family loved the Ertiga. I would've bought it if they could've delivered it within a month or so. Ended up buying Innova.

I think this car is being exported. Don't lose hopes. I am sure you'll have a great time driving the Ertiga for years to come (once the car is fixed).

All the best.

I am surprised to see this kind of oil leak on a car that came out of Maruti! Is it because the Oil Sump gasket is gone bad? but isnt it too early for such complaints?

Dear friends,

I too seen oil leak near sump. Is that same place where you found oil leak in your Ertiga?
Bro, I see scratches on the aluminium body near the crank case,
if you claim for the leakage i do not think they will take the responsibility with that scratches, they will claim that the leak is due to the under body hit which produced that scratches.

Is there any more scratches near the crank case?

This leak i think is due to the gasket and can be replaced easily.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aluminium parts have scratches like that sometimes.I have seen alternator bodies with scratches like that.

One of the members had the leak even after the sump gasket was changed.The crankcase seal was the reason there.

Top Bottom