Maruti Suzuki Eeco Review & Pictures

I am sure they want to delink this vehicle totally from the Versa and the failure it was.
Maybe they should have spent more time on a different look?

Thread Starter #19
In my drive on highways almost everyone stopped their car & bikes.

Came to me & asked how the car is? how much is the fuel economy & bla bla bla...

I feel lot of people are curious with just the price tag.

Oh Zinam seems like many people are aware of the car and much interested! Very surprising to know that people stopped in a 6 lane highway to just enquire about the car!

Thread Starter #22
Yes. Even I was suprised to see such a response in a speedlane!

Eeco will definitely sell in good nos for sure.

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];22212 said:
good report zinam.

Is the rear seats comfortable?
dash and steering is replica of wagon r and alto.
Hope omni sales will be lowered by this.
Omni is soon going to be phased out in all major cities due to stricter emission norms, As already mentioned in report.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I suspect that Maruti, in order not to lose the Omni market, wants this to replace the Omni in the markets that it will be phased out.
Wonder how long the "introductory" price will last?

It looks Eeco is another hit for maruti.

Motorbeam
In order for a car to be successful in India, it has to be either cheap and fuel-efficient or it has to be a Maruti. That is what the sales of the recently launched mini-van from India’s largest carmaker suggest. The Maruti Eeco which is nothing but a Versa with a new engine and promotion strategy is commanding a waiting period of close to 5 months. As always the company is in the process of boosting production with most sales coming from Omni upgraders. The price seems to have worked for the Eeco which starts at only Rs. 2.59 lakhs.

It looks Eeco is another hit for maruti.

Motorbeam
I know!!
It is amazing that it is commanding a waiting period of 4 Months[shock]!!

I loved the line ... In order for a car to be successful in India, it has to be either cheap and fuel-efficient or it has to be a Maruti.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
This is fantastic news and was quite expected too! After a big time failure with aging Versa Maruti Suzuki has done it again just by adding a couple of new lamps and stripping down the cost. This perhaps also proves that Indians (especially in this niche) favor pricing than anything.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom