Maruti Suzuki Eeco Engine Oil Dilemma

Thread Starter #1
My Maruti Eeco has clocked 20k kms and its time for an oil change.
Company recommends 5w30 api SG+ or SL or SH oil.
The Choices i have are:
Castrol Magnatec 10w40 api SG+
Castrol GTX Modern engine 5w30 Api sm
Castrol Edge 0w40 api sn
which is the best and reasonable choice.
Daily traveling is 120Kms on CNG.

Re: Maruti Eeco Engine oil Dilemma.

Castrol GTX Modern engine would suffice, Would be easy on the pocket as well. I've been using Castrol for almost 20 years and I'm greatly satisfied.

Thread Starter #3

Castrol GTX Modern engine: Only the concerning part is the api standard it has........
Recommended is SG+ but it has SM and i am not sure if its mineral or semi synth oil. And magnatec have the same api classification but not the same sae i.e 5w30.

Castrol GTX Modern engine: Only the concerning part is the api standard it has........
Recommended is SG+ but it has SM and i am not sure if its mineral or semi synth oil. And magnatec have the same api classification but not the same sae i.e 5w30.
API SM is far superior than API SG. Ratings for instance go on in an ascending order like API- SB, SC, SD, SE, SF, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM, etc. And so SG+ means a grade higher than SG which further means SM exceeds manufacturer recommendation. So you can very well go ahead and use Castrol GTX Modern Engine oil for your Eeco. No need to worry.

Learn more here:http://www.pqiamerica.com/Labels.htm

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Thanks a lot dude!! SG+ was really confusing me..and change interval should be 7-8k kms na?...
and lastly castrol gtx ME is semi synt na?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks a lot dude!! SG+ was really confusing me..........and change interval should be 7-8k kms na?...
and lastly castrol gtx ME is semi synt na?
Its usually 10,000Kms for Maruti MPFI Petrol engines. Just refer your owner's manual. And it says synthetic technology on the can, I'm not sure whether its a semi-synthetic in the strict sense.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Its usually 10,000Kms for Maruti MPFI Petrol engines. Just refer your owner's manual. And it says synthetic technology on the can, I'm not sure whether it a semi synth in the strict sense.
if i used tha magnatec which is 10w40 will there be any harm to the engine..............

if i used tha magnatec which is 10w40 will there be any harm to the engine..............
I believe Magnatec is 5W30 Grade API SG+ and is the same as recommended. This is the link to their website:http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=8274016&contentId=7037323

One more thing, Could you please not use to many dots while making posts? This might help:The Automotive India - Announcements in Forum : Announcements

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Sorry for the dots.
and the magnatec available with the shopkeeper is 10w40 grade sg+ which i think refers to sn something.

Most probably modern engine is mineral oil compelling with latest grade and additives.
magnatec is semi synth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the dots.
and the magnatec available with the shopkeeper is 10w40 grade sg+ which i think refers to sn something.
If it says 10W40 than dont use it as it is not the recommended grade. The numbers should not be between 5W30 at any point. For instance 10W40 is not okay, But 0W40 is fine.

Thread Starter #13

Okay!
thanks for the help.
going with modern engine for now will change to Mobil 1 0w40 full synthetic after 8-9k kms

My Maruti Eeco has clocked 20k kms and its time for an oil change.
Company recommends 5w30 api SG+ or SL or SH oil.
The Choices i have are:
Castrol Magnatec 10w40 api SG+
Castrol GTX Modern engine 5w30 Api sm
Castrol Edge 0w40 api sn
which is the best and reasonable choice.
Daily traveling is 120Kms on CNG.
Even My EECO has done 20k kms and its due for change of oil, the adviser @ the authorized work station had recommended imobil synthetic oil costs around 1100 per ltr.Mine runs on petrol.
this recommendation was done at the free check up camp held recently.[:)]

Top Bottom