Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

Thread Starter #1
Guys
I have to book a new dezire this sunday.
I am really confused whether i should LDI or VDI

There is a difference of 80,000 between the two.

I am already stretched for budge..

1) If i buy a LDI and get fitting done from outside will it remove warranty?
2) Is 80k worth for extra feauteres in VDI?

Plz help [surprise]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New dezire LDI vs VDI?

1) If i buy a LDI and get fitting done from outside will it remove warranty?
Yes, fitting after market accessories will definitely void the warranty. Most manufacturers refuse to honor warranty in-case of installation of aftermarket accessories.

IMO ZDi is the best variant when seen from safety point of view. Both Vdi & Ldi lack the ABS which these days is offered as an optional fitment in most of the cars.

Thread Starter #3

Man

I just would have fit from outside
1) Security system-5k
2 Music system-10k
3) Powwr windows- 10k
Would have costed me 30k

80K-30K=50k saved( Really streched for budget)

why maritu doesnt honor warranty due to this i cant understand?

Man

I just would have fit from outside
1) Security system-5k
2 Music system-10k
3) Powwr windows- 10k
Would have costed me 30k

80K-30K=50k saved( Really streched for budget)

why maritu doesnt honor warranty due to this i cant understand?
The things you have mentioned wont hamper the warranty. As a matter of fact, it is Maruti which is most flexible with warranty unlike other foriegn brands like Honda, Hyundai etc.

If you fit accessories at maruti dealers accessory shop , they say that it will not void warranties, as they do not cut the wires while installation.

Outside also , many shops, offer 'plug in' (without cutting wires) accessories, at cheaper price.

You can opt for' driver controlled all windows with upmodule with antipinch function' at out side reputed shop.

Thread Starter #6

Well my mom and bro has vetoed out the LDI

Will be booking the VDI on sunday. They say after market fitting are very poor as compared to maruti original fitted VDI [glasses]

Good decision. The VDi is anyday a better bet. Congrats buddy. Do keep us updated with the booking status.

Thread Starter #8

Hye bhawgan i will go mad..

Now brothewr saying music system is poor in VDI.

SO will buy LDI and then spend 50k to buy many accesories like music system,security,power windows,reverse parking sensors, GPOS etc

Hye bhawgan i will go mad..

Now brothewr saying music system is poor in VDI.

SO will buy LDI and then spend 50k to buy many accesories like music system,security,power windows,reverse parking sensors, GPOS etc
God bless you!

IMHO, your brother is absolutely correct if he is fond of music in the car. The OEM ain't any good for music lovers.

Re: Variant Dilemma; Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

The main difference between the LDi and VDi variants are based on the comfort , convinience and outer looks of the car.
I would suggest you to go for the LDi variant and get the necessary fittings done by the dealer itself or from accesory shops according to your likes. Stereos , Power windows, fog lamps are all that are available and can be fitted into the LDi variant.
As the VDi and LDi variant doesn't have either AIRBAGS or ABS which are essential safety featues its better to save few bucks by opting for the LDi. If any one of the safety features (ABS or AIRBAGS) was there in VDi the extra money we have to pay over the LDi variant for the VDi would have made sense.
Go get the Dzire LDi and get necessary fitments done according to your likes.

Re: Variant Dilemma: Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

:agree: with vishnunarayan an, on ABS/AIRBAG comment.

Vaibhao, there is an 'all in one' dvd player, gps, reverse cam screen available in the market. Its a approx 7 inch touch screen display exactly adjustable in the music hu slot provided in the centre console .
You and your family can watch movies , listen music . Whenever you want switch on gps , same screen serves the purpose. Whenever you put the car in reverse gear, it will automatically serve as a rear view screen along with audible/visible distance notification. The whole thing costs approx Rs 40 k. I will find out the brand name if you want.

I came to know about only after I got delivery of my manza ( with OE MUSIC system), otherwise I would have opted for it.

IMO ZDi is the better but VDi is not bad either. Nwayz good choice and dont forget to take the extended warranty and stay tension free for 4years.
My DZire VDi has extended warranty of total 4years/80k kms and already compleated 3.5years and 74k kms. :biggrin:

If you are planning to keep the car for longer term(>5 years) then go with the VDI.
Your brother is right on the music system part, the quality isn't good as the one offered in the ZDI.

To me the LDI looks bare basic without any bells and whistles from the outer part.

P.S: There is nothing wrong fitting the basic accessories in other accessory shops like Music system, GPS, reverse park assist etc, etc.

If you go for seperate things
Gps - 8 k
Music system better than vdi- 20 k to 25 k IMO
Body colored audible/visible distance parking sensors -5 to 8 k
Roofmounted dvd lcd screen- 9 k, diesel cars usual ly go for long trips.
This all supplemented by too many wires ,fittings, absurd dash mounts, irvm mounts. So I felt that 40 k is a good deal.

Last edited:

Top Bottom