Maruti Suzuki Driving School - Your Experiences.

I am no driving master, yet from my learning I can tell you (1) there is no need to hold clutch at biting point while moving in gear. It is only required at the time of starting or moving very slowly (walking speed) in very congested place. I keep my foot on clutch ( not pressed ) while moving in 1st & 2nd gear since in these gears speed is very slow, so for stopping or changing to gear 1 or to higher, I have press clutch fully.
(2) In 1st gear our speed remains within 10Km so to move at crawling speed we do not have move holding clutch at biting point ( if we do not accelerate speed in 1st gear is even 5 km).
Thanks for the reply.

So when if we accelerate in 1st & 2nd Gear our foot must me on top of the clutch but not pressed.....

But say if 1) we don't accelerate in 1st & 2nd Gear and we are not sure if we need to stop,in that case what is our left foot position ? 2) Hopefully it is on the clutch...right ? 3) And pressed to biting point or Fully pressed ?

4) any rules what is the lowest speed when we must apply the clutch at biting point ?

5) what is the lowest speed can be achieved in a car like Ritz without pressing clutch until the engine shutdown ?

Powerful Car like Ritz it is hard to maintain 0-10kmph in 1st gear.

When I'm on Ritz before realising I'm 20kmph on 1st gear & 2nd gear it is 40kmph...Is it bad thing for car health or harmful for fuel efficiency ?

Thanks for the reply.

So when if we accelerate in 1st & 2nd Gear our foot must me on top of the clutch but not pressed.....

But say if 1) we don't accelerate in 1st & 2nd Gear and we are not sure if we need to stop,in that case what is our left foot position ? 2) Hopefully it is on the clutch...right ? 3) And pressed to biting point or Fully pressed ?

4) any rules what is the lowest speed when we must apply the clutch at biting point ?

5) what is the lowest speed can be achieved in a car like Ritz without pressing clutch until the engine shutdown ?

Powerful Car like Ritz it is hard to maintain 0-10kmph in 1st gear.

When I'm on Ritz before realising I'm 20kmph on 1st gear & 2nd gear it is 40kmph...Is it bad thing for car health or harmful for fuel efficiency ?
Again I proceed stating that I am no driving master, I only share my learning with you. Actually clutch is pressed only to change gear and to bring the vehicle to dead stop applying break. During stopping we apply clutch to prevent vehicle engine from stopping/stalling. If it is needed to move off again after a dead stop you have to put the gear in 1 position it is help full to press cluth fully. What I learnt, at biting point clutch plate and engine shaft touches each other ( not engaged). At biting point the vehicle intends to move only. In cars like wagon R if you do not accelerate at biting point the car won't move at all. But Ritz will move, though very slowly.
If your Ritz intends to move faster in 1st gear just press clutch fully, apply break lightly, bring down speed and move again.
By the by what your instructor says regarding these matters? Didn't you put these questions before them?

About the instructors of the MDS, The statement are pretty confusing as there are several persons and opinions are different, even it varied when the same person teach at Simulator Session and Practical Session....when asked 'This is the way u need to do this at sim else it won't complete'.

As of now I drove the Ritz most of the time & last P.Day it was A-Star, During the moving off the Biting point of that A-Star is very noob friendly, As soon as I release the clutch it immediately take off and move faster than Ritz, though in Ritz I have clear idea (at least I think so) about left hand side of the bonnet where in A-Star it was Nil.

During P.Session my instructor says nothing about this matter, sometime he need to put his hand on the steering wheel, else he sat quietly.

Only time he talk when during Right Turn or Left Turn to enter another road when my tendency to apply full break and halt the car completely though engine is running . I attend the P.Session 3 or 4 days.

Last edited:
About the instructors of the MDS, The statement are pretty confusing as there are several persons and opinions are different, even it varied when the same person teach at Simulator Session and Practical Session....when asked 'This is the way u need to do this at sim else it won't complete'.

As of now I drove the Ritz most of the time & last P.Day it was A-Star, During the moving off the Biting point of that A-Star is very noob friendly, As soon as I release the clutch it immediately take off and move faster than Ritz, though in Ritz I have clear idea (at least I think so) about left hand side of the bonnet where in A-Star it was Nil.

During P.Session my instructor says nothing about this matter, sometime he need to put his hand on the steering wheel, else he sat quietly.

Only time he talk when during Right Turn or Left Turn to enter another road when my tendency to apply full break and halt the car completely though engine is running . I attend the P.Session 3 or 4 days.
The Instructors should tell you a lot about driving in 4 Practical classes. The drawback of this MDS centre is, you get different instructor on different day. If they talk little,it seems to me that you are driving well. Last Saturday I drove A-Star too. Problem of left side is common. I still guess it. You can watch the boarder line of your wind screen on left. That is over your left wheel. In a straight road, if the extream of your left wiper touches roadline, it means you are very near to left kerb.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
The Instructors should tell you a lot about driving in 4 Practical classes. The drawback of this MDS centre is, you get different instructor on different day. .
That is why I made sure that my wife gets same instructor. If different way of teaching in different days, 10 hrs of practical classes would be too less. Someone here liked to learn from different instructor so that he could get more methods.(read in one of the post). To avoid confusions only I preferred single instructor and same vehicle. Believe me, it gave her lots of confidence

And about biting point, driving style, there are few threads. That is why people are not replying here I believe.

That is why I made sure that my wife gets same instructor. If different way of teaching in different days, 10 hrs of practical classes would be too less. Someone here liked to learn from different instructor so that he could get more methods.(read in one of the post). To avoid confusions only I preferred single instructor and same vehicle. Believe me, it gave her lots of confidence

And about biting point, driving style, there are few threads. That is why people are not replying here I believe.
Please point out some threads.

Hi Appus,

Congrats to your wife on passing driving test. This really indeed is a very good review on MDS. Will surely check them out for my brother who has passed the driving test but doesn't know to drive the car properly. Damn those stupid local driving school[frustration]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #38
I have finished the training course at MDS. Only theoretical and practical test left. Now to find out a suitable date for Driving License test.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
I have finished the training course at MDS. Only theoretical and practical test left. Now to find out a suitable date for Driving License test.
Congratulations.

All the best for practical test.

Make sure they give you all the theory sessions.

I will soon appear for Driving License test at kolkata RTO ( Beltola ). I request my learned friends to give their valueable suggestions and tips for the test.

Thread Starter #43
I will soon appear for Driving License test at kolkata RTO ( Beltola ). I request my learned friends to give their valueable suggestions and tips for the test.
You are going in MDS vehicle right? They will not let you fail. Driver will also sit in the front side. You just need to hold the steering and turn as per their say ('for 8/h'). The whole thing happens in first gear itself. (as per my wife's test).

All the best. Do not worry. You will pass with out any doubt [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #44
What happened to your driving test?

By the way,
Wife got the last theory session yesterday. It was just a slide show by one of the training guys. They were saying excuses of 'No instructor'. They do not need an instructor to play the video.

Not the best experience. But, much better than many training centers.

What happened to your driving test?

By the way,
Wife got the last theory session yesterday. It was just a slide show by one of the training guys. They were saying excuses of 'No instructor'. They do not need an instructor to play the video.

Not the best experience. But, much better than many training centers.
Surely it is much better than other training center,when I compare with experiences of others of other driving school. They (MDS ) did not call me for their test. I am much interested about License test than their test. Since they have not yet responded of their training vehicle, I planned to appear on my own on 8th, if no problem arises in between.

Top Bottom