Maruti Suzuki Driving School - Your Experiences.

Re: Maruti Driving School - 25% Discount for Women

I had only three theory lessons, had them in this order T1, T3 & T2[:)] . They asked me to come on the weekend for the last class, but I took the practicals on that day.

Yes, all the instructors were not professionals in their behaviour. One particular guy was most irritated and the whole class, he shouted at me entirely denting my confidence. This incident affected me so much so that the next class (my 4th) I was so tense made so many mistakes in the first 10 minutes, I even tried to change gears without pressing the clutch[frustration]. This time the instructor was so good, he stopped the car in a corner, made a peptalk to me for 10 minutes and Whoosh I was back to normal for the next 50 minutes.
The MDS run by Premier Car World, B.T Road Kolkata, often change their schedule. I preferred Saturday & Sunday 3pm slot at the very beginning. But often they ask over telephone to come at 2pm. I took 4 practical sessions, I had had three instructors for that. However I completed 5 simulator sessions and 3 theory classes. [surprise]

Thread Starter #17

I wanted her to know about this. So, i can also get the same knowledge (few tips)
Session: T3
Duration: 2 hr
Accidents and Safe driving practices

Session: T4
Duration: 2 hr
Law & driving, Know your vehicle, Interactive case studies
Day before, I called them and told about complaining to Maruti itself about their unethical practices.

Yesterday the scheduled a class for t3 (3rd theory session). Now, since i told about complaining, they are not even talking to her when she reached there (she called me up from there).

I do not know about other institutes in Bangalore. At Mandovi motors, the receptionist guy was kind of arrogant. Others in that place may be nice. Judging by initial talk did not help us this time.

The MDS run by Premier Car World, B.T Road Kolkata, often change their schedule. I preferred Saturday & Sunday 3pm slot at the very beginning. But often they ask over telephone to come at 2pm. I took 4 practical sessions, I had had three instructors for that. However I completed 5 simulator sessions and 3 theory classes. [surprise]
For the first 7 classes, I always preferred ghost timings[;)] like 12 - 1 PM or 2-3PM, so that I got choice in the car to take out for that day's training. The problem is most of them have a total of 8-10 cars and during the weekends, they get multiple requests for the early morning (6-8AM) and evening (4-6PM), so they will be unable to satisfy all the requests. But they were always courteous to me whenever I asked for early morning times and the schedules were pasted on the notice board, so that we can know who are using that slot. But as I chose those afternoon slots, most of the times I got the cars I liked to drive[:D].

I wanted her to know about this. So, i can also get the same knowledge (few tips)

Day before, I called them and told about complaining to Maruti itself about their unethical practices.

Yesterday the scheduled a class for t3 (3rd theory session). Now, since i told about complaining, they are not even talking to her when she reached there (she called me up from there).
T3 & T4 are mostly videos with some do it yourself techniques. But, I don't like the way they run those educational videos, by just starting it & going out to have their mini break. I even told one instructor, that it would be helpful, if he is present inside the class pointing out the finer details then & there by temporarily pausing the video. I just got a blank stare and nothing changed and that is why I avoided the T4. A good curriculum alone cannot produce wonderful results and for that you need a good implementation strategy as well which is lacking in many places. But, comparing the things being done by the driving schools, these guys are way, way better than them.

For the first 7 classes, I always preferred ghost timings[;)] like 12 - 1 PM or 2-3PM, so that I got choice in the car to take out for that day's training. The problem is most of them have a total of 8-10 cars and during the weekends, they get multiple requests for the early morning (6-8AM) and evening (4-6PM), so they will be unable to satisfy all the requests. But they were always courteous to me whenever I asked for early morning times and the schedules were pasted on the notice board, so that we can know who are using that slot. But as I chose those afternoon slots, most of the times I got the cars I liked to drive[:D].

T3 & T4 are mostly videos with some do it yourself techniques. But, I don't like the way they run those educational videos, by just starting it & going out to have their mini break. I even told one instructor, that it would be helpful, if he is present inside the class pointing out the finer details then & there by temporarily pausing the video. I just got a blank stare and nothing changed and that is why I avoided the T4. A good curriculum alone cannot produce wonderful results and for that you need a good implementation strategy as well which is lacking in many places. But, comparing the things being done by the driving schools, these guys are way, way better than them.
I think your MDS center is more professional. In mine there is no notice board to know the schedule, it is informed only a day earlier. The day before yesterday (21st June) they made a call at 7pm. But unfortunately I could not receive it as the mobile was in a drawer. On the next (the day of my training) observing the missed call, I rang them at 10-30am to know the cause of the call but nobody was present at desk to answer. So I called again at 12-30pm and now one told me my name did not appear on schedule since the call on 21st was not received. When I reminded that I opted 3pm slot every Saturday & Sunday,and no request on my part was made to reschedule it the making of call at 7pm is not acceptable to me. After long altercations they accepted my point and asked me to turn up.

Thread Starter #20
In Kalyani Motors, they have a notice board for them to see 'who is teaching whom'. They call on previous day and confirm the next day class.

By the way, she got 'Maruti Driving School' certificate other than License. If you buy a car by showing that certificate, you get some discount [;)] . Same way, if you buy a maruti car on your name, you get 50% discount on Maruti Driving School (current promotion) on Leaner's course. (with in 6 month)

I wish them to be more professional and do what they mentioned on the website.

Like;

Theory Test
Instructor mentioning about daily activities in the book given by them.
Theory classes.
Practical classes mentioned on the website (including practice on the testing track).
Professional instructors (not with Cigar smell).
Driving on AC with windows rolled up
Bit more aggressive pricing. (instead of giving 25% off, they can reduce that 25% to the total fee so that they get more students).
etc. etc.

If they do all these, none can stop them from growing !

Sidhharth,

Check the above posts and see to it you donot miss anything. Happy and safe learning !
I am almost at the end of my learner training. Completed up to practical class 9. And I am pretty sure now I can drive. The only thing I did not like that they had not clarify me about their(MDS) stand on getting license. According to their site, I am to bring a LL on my own ( as prerequisite of learner traning). So did I. But they are now not taking interest in providing the traning vehicle at kolkata RTO office for test.However I will try to pursuade them.

Thread Starter #22
I am almost at the end of my learner training. Completed up to practical class 9. And I am pretty sure now I can drive. The only thing I did not like that they had not clarify me about their(MDS) stand on getting license. According to their site, I am to bring a LL on my own ( as prerequisite of learner traning). So did I. But they are now not taking interest in providing the traning vehicle at kolkata RTO office for test.However I will try to pursuade them.
That means, they did not tell you the total cost including driving test?
You had to go and get the Learners License ?

For my wife, they charged 1500 for Learners License /Driving license. So, you need not pay anything extra or get own vehicle.

Without LL, you are not even suppose to start the Driving on road right? [confused]

Drive safe.

That means, they did not tell you the total cost including driving test?
You had to go and get the Learners License ?

For my wife, they charged 1500 for Learners License /Driving license. So, you need not pay anything extra or get own vehicle.

Without LL, you are not even suppose to start the Driving on road right? [confused]

Drive safe.
Perhaps apart from me there is no other trainee at MDS run by Premier Car World, B.T Road, kolkata having a valid LL at time of practical training. They told me of Rs.1800/- very casually for DL,and that will have to be paid to a broker, not to the school. Learning that I consulted their site and found LL is a prerequisite for the Learner course. So I obtained it on my own initiative paying only Rs.70/-. The fee for getting a License is around Rs.500/-(including test fee and license card fee, etc. all against proper receipt). I am ready to arrange every thing. Only if I get the training vehicle my problem is solved. Otherwise I have arrange for a Driver to help me to present at test with my own vehicle. I don't have a permanent driver now and perhaps I won't require anymore once I get my license. Let me see,what happens.

Respected Fellow Members, I like to contribute something here.....

Me & one of my family member currently learning at MDS at Premier Car World (MS platinum Dealership) - Kolkata and I surprised to find out at the first post that other MDS charged car wise. Here they offer different car for practical Training and all are High End Version which are Ritz ZXI (OLD), Wagon R VXI (Blue Eyed), A-Star ZXI (most probably)

There is no particular car boundings....... and course fee is same for all.

Thread Starter #25
Respected Fellow Members, I like to contribute something here.....

Me & one of my family member currently learning at MDS at Premier Car World (MS platinum Dealership) - Kolkata and I surprised to find out at the first post that other MDS charged car wise. Here they offer different car for practical Training and all are High End Version which are Ritz ZXI (OLD), Wagon R VXI (Blue Eyed), A-Star ZXI (most probably)

There is no particular car boundings....... and course fee is same for all.
May be because Ritz is old. Where ever i've seen, they were charging according to the car (if they have different variants). They do not charge differently if they have only one or two variant

Sedan and alto can not be charged same because of their initial value/running cost.

I have checked with local driving school also. They also charge differently on different cars. 250Rs difference from one to other ! If they do not charge, they will be teaching you in all the car according to availability and not of your choice ! (It would be always the low maintenance/cost car )

By the way, How much you are paying with license /without license ? That would be of some help !

Last edited:
I paid for 3600/- for each (family discount) without licences and quoted price for license 1500/- each. Didn't pay that though.

Got that book,2 cd rom,1 progress report card and 1 key chain everything 2 piece...... but no writing pad.

Yes.....they provide car according to availability but during admission they given choice Ritz or Wagon R we choose Ritz. Those two car got the official MDS logo on them others don't.

Observed a pattern there; If the candidate was Female or Elderly person they provide Wagon R, If not available A-Star.

Male or Below 40 age group got Ritz to drive.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
I paid for 3600/- for each (family discount) without licences and quoted price for license 1500/- each. Didn't pay that though.
So, 3600 each with what percentage of discount ?

My wife got 25% discount + 1227 point (rs) maruti card -> 3750 - 1227
I think I paid 150Rs extra (without auto card) than you for Ritz and only Ritz. I didnt want a smaller vehicle as mine is Dzire.
If you reduce that 1227, then it would be 2500 (without license [glasses])

So, you got only Ritz so far ? If yes, then it is worth !

Please let us know the percentage of discount they offered.

I don't own any car right now so no Maruti loyalty point or anything.......

We enroll during May 2013 and course price for individual 4,450/- or 4500 /- something (don't remember the exact figure) but if I bring any family member the price come down to 3600/- , thats the offer they made during that time.....over the phone, I rush next day and paid. About license I told if I able to drive I'll opt for license later.

Till now....I only got Ritz to drive but my other family member drove Wagon R and A-Star till date, during the demo class they only use Wagon R.

there is no Car wise charge at least here AFAIK.

Last edited:
Can anyone able to clear my confusion about this matter ?

Q1 :- When we are driving at slow speed say Gear 1 or 2, do we need to place our foot on the clutch and press the clutch in Biting position ?

Q2 :- When we Accelerate as well placing the foot on biting point as well during slow speed or crawling speed, Isn't there is a chance the clutch plate completely destroyed or short lived and need for replacement.

Please let me know the rule of good practice.

Can anyone able to clear my confusion about this matter ?

Q1 :- When we are driving at slow speed say Gear 1 or 2, do we need to place our foot on the clutch and press the clutch in Biting position ?

Q2 :- When we Accelerate as well placing the foot on biting point as well during slow speed or crawling speed, Isn't there is a chance the clutch plate completely destroyed or short lived and need for replacement.

Please let me know the rule of good practice.
I am no driving master, yet from my learning I can tell you (1) there is no need to hold clutch at biting point while moving in gear. It is only required at the time of starting or moving very slowly (walking speed) in very congested place. I keep my foot on clutch ( not pressed ) while moving in 1st & 2nd gear since in these gears speed is very slow, so for stopping or changing to gear 1 or to higher, I have press clutch fully.
(2) In 1st gear our speed remains within 10Km so to move at crawling speed we do not have move holding clutch at biting point ( if we do not accelerate speed in 1st gear is even 5 km).

Last edited:

Top Bottom