Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT Issues

Thread Starter #1
I am a new owner of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT and so far so good. Roads conditions in my side of the country is pretty bad. So far the issues i have came across in the Celerio AMT is rattles from the boot and Driver side door. Driver side door speaker (MGA speakers where fitted by the dealer) started to sound awkward and was fixed right away by the dealer in 15 mins.
So if there are Celerio AMT owners out here, what are the issues that had or might crop up?
My odometer reads 3600 km and i am getting a MID claimed average fuel efficiency figures of 19.4 kmpl.

I own a Celerio AMT since 2years and 5 months now. The first batch of cars and I haven't faced any issues till date. Rattles are very common in every Maruti car. Once I heard a beep sound stating that the clutch/Trans-axle got overheated (as per manual), this happened when the car was stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic for a very very long time, but it went off on its own as the traffic got cleared and when gear shifts happened normally. All that while I was in 1st gear only and that issue never cropped up again ! Except for that, I haven't faced any issues.

Juddering, clutch replacement, gearbox replacement seem to be common issues faced by Celerio AMT owners. Since this thread hasn't attracted Celerio AMT owners, you can read about AMT woes here:Maruti's AMT woes - Team-BHP http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/186270-marutis-amt-woes-10.html
Note to Mod: Sorry for the redirect to another website.
Yes, I face juddering issue at times due to low torque nature of this 998cc k10 petrol engine. I shift back to neutral and Drive mode again when juddering happens and this solved the issue instantly. And during steep inclines I use Manual mode, so that I can cruise smoothly. I bought my Celerio AMT in March 2015 and except for that juddering issue, I did not face anything else. And Diesel AMT users shouldn't face any juddering issues because of high low end torque of the diesels.

The cost to replace an AMT unit is 1.30 lakh. Which is still cheaper to repair than any TC,CVT or DSG gearbox. The things that can go wrong in an AMT Gearbox is the clutch and gear actuators. The AMT unit(TCU) should last the lifetime of the car. It is too early to comment on the reliablility of an AMT gearbox, we need to wait and see.

I own a Celerio AMT VXi 2014 model. Car was running without much issues and has covered 47,000KM so far. All scheduled Services were done on time. Recently my car started showing some strange issue- no response while pressing accelerator pedal for few seconds(2-3 secs). Issue occurs when we start from stand still with AC on. Issue starts as below.
1. Car is stand still (eg: Waiting for green light at signal)
2. While pressing accelerator pedal, car starts shaking abnormally(I cannot say violently) and everyone in car can feel change in cabin vibration.
3. in last two occurrence , i tried pedal to metal to confirm, and there was no change in RPM(It was below 1k mark)
4. Within 2-3 seconds everything goes back to normal, vibrations are normal, RPM rises on A pedal inputs and car starts moving.
Issue is intermittent and happened 8-9 times in last 2,000 KMs(approx.). No warnings on MID as well. Only change I made recently is Tyre change at 45K and wheel balancing and alignment. MRF to Michelin XM2 of same profile. I do not remember if issue occurred prior to tyre change or not, because I can hardly imagine such issues due to tyre change.

My car usage is 10% city, 90% State highways. Used to pull hand brake or move to N while on signals or stop.

Can someone help me to analyze this issue , because i m not sure if I could reproduce the issue at Service center, else it would be tough to explain service center guys at my work location. I prefer and did all services at my hometown and was planning 50K service in Jun month. I am not sure whether I should wait till then or check with local service center people.[confused]

Re: Maruti Celerio AMT issues

^^ Does it only happen with AC on or without AC as well ?
So far all occurrences were with AC on. In fact in first 3-4 occurrences, I had turned off AC when it started shaking. But later on noticed, car comes back to normal even if AC is on after 2-3 seconds.

I own a Celerio AMT VXi 2014 model. Car was running without much issues and has covered 47,000KM so far. All scheduled Services were done on time. Recently my car started showing some strange issue- no response while pressing accelerator pedal for few seconds(2-3 secs). Issue occurs when we start from stand still with AC on. Issue starts as below.
1. Car is stand still (eg: Waiting for green light at signal)
2. While pressing accelerator pedal, car starts shaking abnormally(I cannot say violently) and everyone in car can feel change in cabin vibration.
3. in last two occurrence , i tried pedal to metal to confirm, and there was no change in RPM(It was below 1k mark)
4. Within 2-3 seconds everything goes back to normal, vibrations are normal, RPM rises on A pedal inputs and car starts moving.
Issue is intermittent and happened 8-9 times in last 2,000 KMs(approx.). No warnings on MID as well. Only change I made recently is Tyre change at 45K and wheel balancing and alignment. MRF to Michelin XM2 of same profile. I do not remember if issue occurred prior to tyre change or not, because I can hardly imagine such issues due to tyre change.

My car usage is 10% city, 90% State highways. Used to pull hand brake or move to N while on signals or stop.

Can someone help me to analyze this issue , because i m not sure if I could reproduce the issue at Service center, else it would be tough to explain service center guys at my work location. I prefer and did all services at my hometown and was planning 50K service in Jun month. I am not sure whether I should wait till then or check with local service center people.[confused]
I don't own a celerio AMT, but when is the last time you did a ECU flash? Did you topup the gear/AMT oil? Do ask your service advisor if their system is running well, as I've seen some OBD connection/USB connection not maintained properly, ECU flash should show up errors, and then move on to other parts.

I don't own a celerio AMT, but when is the last time you did a ECU flash? Did you topup the gear/AMT oil? Do ask your service advisor if their system is running well, as I've seen some OBD connection/USB connection not maintained properly, ECU flash should show up errors, and then move on to other parts.
ECU was never reset. I have to check gear oil level. I have connected my OBD scanner with Torq Pro, but could find any error logged. I am yet to connect with my regular ASS at hometown. Planning to visit ASS this weekend. Will update if they could figure out something.

This could be due to carbon buildup on the intake valves. Although this isn't typically an issue for cars as young as yours, it is possible based on fuel, air, and oil quality factors. If possible, examine the valves and piston heads for any significant buildups.

Update- last week I met my trusted mechanic at hometown and he checked the issue- this was done at home and not at ASS because he was near my home when I called to get an appointment at ASS. He concluded issues could be with AC unit and need further checking. Since he was not available in ASS for that week, I decided to get it checked on next service which is due in another 2000 KMs. Also issue never occurred when I drove the car back to hometown (300KMs) without AC(Summer rains helped me to do this).

The cost to replace an AMT unit is 1.30 lakh. Which is still cheaper to repair than any TC,CVT or DSG gearbox. The things that can go wrong in an AMT Gearbox is the clutch and gear actuators. The AMT unit(TCU) should last the lifetime of the car. It is too early to comment on the reliablility of an AMT gearbox, we need to wait and see.
cost of AMT box is 70k at maruti service center before one year.one of my friend’s celerio had issue and i helped him at that time to tow the car to SC and payment. it taken more than 15 days for the part arrival.
As per the executive it was one lakh before that and price reduced only couple of days before. that celerio was just 2 year old and out
of warrenty unfortunately

cost of AMT box is 70k at maruti service center before one year.one of my friend’s celerio had issue and i helped him at that time to tow the car to SC and payment. it taken more than 15 days for the part arrival.
As per the executive it was one lakh before that and price reduced only couple of days before. that celerio was just 2 year old and out
of warrenty unfortunately
Yes, it was 1.30 lakh once upon a time and the price reduced drastically once the production has started in India. I have already quoted this in another thread here My All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire ZDi (AGS): Ownership Review

Anyways thanks for sharing and good to know that it still costs 70k. Mine is a 5 year old Celerio and AMT still works great by gods grace.

Thanks for the detailed technical review and writing in brevity. I have purchased Celerio ZXi AMT 2017 model, approx. 58,000KM covered yet. My car started showing some strange issue as also mentioned by you, such as no response while pressing accelerator pedal for few seconds(2-3 secs), especially during a U-turn when speed is less due to speed breaker and traffic. This is dangerous. Seeking your valuable guidance, how to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks in anticipation. Dr RM

Top Bottom