Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT Issues?

Thread Starter #1
I am a new owner of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT and so far so good. Roads conditions in my side of the country is pretty bad. So far the issues i have came across in the Celerio AMT is rattles from the boot and Driver side door. Driver side door speaker (MGA speakers where fitted by the dealer) started to sound awkward and was fixed right away by the dealer in 15 mins.
So if there are Celerio AMT owners out here, what are the issues that had or might crop up?
My odometer reads 3600 km and i am getting a MID claimed average fuel efficiency figures of 19.4 kmpl.

I am a new owner of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT and so far so good. Roads conditions in my side of the country is pretty bad. So far the issues i have came across in the Celerio AMT is rattles from the boot and Driver side door. Driver side door speaker (MGA speakers where fitted by the dealer) started to sound awkward and was fixed right away by the dealer in 15 mins.
So if there are Celerio AMT owners out here, what are the issues that had or might crop up?
My odometer reads 3600 km and i am getting a MID claimed average fuel efficiency figures of 19.4 kmpl.
I own a Celerio AMT since 2years and 5 months now. The first batch of cars and I haven't faced any issues till date. Rattles are very common in every Maruti car. Once I heard a beep sound stating that the clutch/Trans-axle got overheated (as per manual), this happened when the car was stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic for a very very long time, but it went off on its own as the traffic got cleared and when gear shifts happened normally. All that while I was in 1st gear only and that issue never cropped up again ! Except for that, I haven't faced any issues.

Juddering, clutch replacement, gearbox replacement seem to be common issues faced by Celerio AMT owners. Since this thread hasn't attracted Celerio AMT owners, you can read about AMT woes here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/186270-marutis-amt-woes.html http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/186270-marutis-amt-woes-10.html
Note to Mod: Sorry for the redirect to another website.

Last edited:
Juddering, clutch replacement, gearbox replacement seem to be common issues faced by Celerio AMT owners. Since this thread hasn't attracted Celerio AMT owners, you can read about AMT woes here:Maruti's AMT woes - Team-BHP http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/186270-marutis-amt-woes-10.html
Note to Mod: Sorry for the redirect to another website.
Yes, I face juddering issue at times due to low torque nature of this 998cc k10 petrol engine. I shift back to neutral and Drive mode again when juddering happens and this solved the issue instantly. And during steep inclines I use Manual mode, so that I can cruise smoothly. I bought my Celerio AMT in March 2015 and except for that juddering issue, I did not face anything else. And Diesel AMT users shouldn't face any juddering issues because of high low end torque of the diesels.

The cost to replace an AMT unit is 1.30 lakh. Which is still cheaper to repair than any TC,CVT or DSG gearbox. The things that can go wrong in an AMT Gearbox is the clutch and gear actuators. The AMT unit(TCU) should last the lifetime of the car. It is too early to comment on the reliablility of an AMT gearbox, we need to wait and see.

The cost to replace an AMT unit is 1.30 lakh. Which is still cheaper to repair than any TC,CVT or DSG gearbox. The things that can go wrong in an AMT Gearbox is the clutch and gear actuators. The AMT unit(TCU) should last the lifetime of the car. It is too early to comment on the reliablility of an AMT gearbox, we need to wait and see.
cost of AMT box is 70k at maruti service center before one year.one of my friend’s celerio had issue and i helped him at that time to tow the car to SC and payment. it taken more than 15 days for the part arrival.
As per the executive it was one lakh before that and price reduced only couple of days before. that celerio was just 2 year old and out
of warrenty unfortunately

cost of AMT box is 70k at maruti service center before one year.one of my friend’s celerio had issue and i helped him at that time to tow the car to SC and payment. it taken more than 15 days for the part arrival.
As per the executive it was one lakh before that and price reduced only couple of days before. that celerio was just 2 year old and out
of warrenty unfortunately
Yes, it was 1.30 lakh once upon a time and the price reduced drastically once the production has started in India. I have already quoted this in another thread here My All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire ZDi (AGS): Ownership Review

Anyways thanks for sharing and good to know that it still costs 70k. Mine is a 5 year old Celerio and AMT still works great by gods grace.

Top Bottom