Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #91

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No updates regarding the problem that I faced at the Mass. Odo nearing 33k kms and the key battery have up. So maruti is using bad quality and not so efficient central locking system as well. I haven't changed any battery in my 10 years old verna and 6+ years old single battery key fob of my figo.

Also it's a task to replace the battery on your own. So many delicate parts needs to be opened to change the battery.

IMG_20210226_114543.jpg

Thread Starter #92

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the car serviced. 2 parking sensors are not working which are out of stock at M.A.S.S. Brake pads needed to be changed but that too is out of stock.

Car nearing 42k kms.
IMG_20210706_190305.jpg
IMG_20210706_190302.jpg

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Did you take your own engine oil with you?
Maruti Suzuki recommends to use SAE 5W/30 engine oil for Vitara Brezza Diesel . You got a different grade.

Thread Starter #94

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I was reading online and many websites said it's better to use 5w40 if the outside temperature reaches 40*C. Plus last time they used 5W40 so I don't want to change viscosities now. Will stick with 5W40.

This new advisor told me to use 0w20 fully synthetic oil. I was about to lose my temper , I already told him my ordeals I faced at the previous service centre and specifically told him that they changed viscosities three times but this guy wanted to sell me 4400rs worth of engine oil. I politely denied and he didn't say anything.

I am just waiting for the car's warranty to get over , they have specialized maruti genuine parts store. Will deal with them and get the work done in front of me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #96

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My car goes till the warranty is over. These advisors are sickening.
Anyways now that elantra's warranty is over and service is due , I am confused from where to get the car serviced[think]
I am thinking my FNG since only oil and filters are needed to be changed.

Brake pads out of stock? MASS normally have such wear and tear part always ready on hand.
Also, sir do we get 2 sensors separately?

On engine oil visocisty, these guys don't think about engine spec, they simply go with what barrel of oil is in excess in their service bay[frustration]

Thread Starter #98

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yeah they didn't have brake pads. I got them installed from outside.
And yes they do give seperate sensors under warranty. I saw old sensors and they were plug and play type and had no wires likes the autocop's.
I don't know what will go wrong in the car so will continue getting the car serviced from mass and bear these idiotic things there.
Brakes pads 870rs
Labor 200rs
IMG_20210712_190054.jpg
IMG_20210712_190026.jpg
IMG_20210712_185958.jpg

Ps : attaching sensor with price from boodmo.
Screenshot_20210712-202142.jpg

Last edited:
Bs6 Nexon diesel has 0W20 only as OEM recommendation in the manual.
So it's not that it's totally wrong. Only OP's car doesn't need it.
Good, I have not updated myself regularly. Which brand TATA recommends 0W20 oil. Now Suzuki introduced 0W15 and some cars 0W8. These makers are making cars use and throw manner like mobile phones. Earlier cars lasted for decades, grandpa car used by grandson. They say reason pollution, really? its a long debate. personally I don't trust pollution is the problem. Many makers, thousands of crores investment, competition, they should sell to sustain, makers should show something new, govt policies should also help them not to dent economy.

Thread Starter #102

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Finally got the experience of the tin can quality of maruti.
The car in front of me accelerated , I did too , he stopped but I couldn't. Totaly my fault but this much damage at just 10kmph. [confused]

Screenshot_20210802-123544.jpg
IMG_20210802_123815.jpg
IMG_20210802_123821.jpg

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Finally got the experience of the tin can quality of maruti.
The car in front of me accelerated , I did too , he stopped but I couldn't. Totaly my fault but this much damage at just 10kmph.
I can vouch for the tin-can build of Maruti Suzuki. Once an Innova driver abruptly opened his door which left a considerable dent on our Alto800’s front fender. What car it was in your case and did it suffer any damage?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #105

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The problem with maruti never ends[frustration][frustration]

Got the car back today after 8 days , HDFC ergo took 3 days to pass the claim, stating there's something wrong with the previous insurance policy. There was none.
Checked the quality of the work , it was good.
Advisor didn't change the reverse sensor even after 8 days stating they are out of stock.

I took photos of the tyres and battery since many service centre changes them with older ones and loot people but I didn't think of the thing that actually happened. Took photos of the front windshield with the Bonet open :(
IMG_20210810_210048.jpg

I then glanced towards the missing Dashboard camera, a viofo a119[shock] and the broken holder.
IMG_20210810_214832.jpg

I got so pissed so furious.
I took out everything from the car , even the camera's cable but I totally forgot that the camera too can come off by sliding. I was under the impression that it glues to the windshield forever by that 3m tape , I watched videos again of installation and was so furious at myself.

Obviously they didn't say it's their fault. They denied giving me the insurance claim pictures saying the guy is out of town. Even the cctv camera guy was off for the day.

After 3 hours I called the police and while I was talking they agreed to give me compensation via 25% discount vouchers on labor ,free alignment for 3 services, 2 dry cleaning , 2 rubbing polishes.

PCR officer called me and I told them to let it go , he asked me to talk to the advisor and he said something rudely to the officer , officer arrived and was really agitated with the advisor and asked me to come to the PS and file an FIR. I really didn't want to go since we all know what happens so I told the advisor before hand that the officer is upset with you , just say sorry.
He did and officer went.

The balls on this advisor, started murmuring with the staff that I would have called the officer's superior , I have contacts :@

After a while when I was getting the coupons I asked him what about the sensors and behold a guy came running with two parking sensors and fixed it without painting.
IMG_20210810_214821.jpg

I just came home after this. I will contact the insurance claim guy for the photos tomorrow.

Last edited:

Top Bottom