Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Was going to say this to you for a mere diffrerence of 30K it surely would have been a wise decision for going for Zdi variant atleast.I know you had stretched your budget but the difference between V and Z variant is not much to opt for Zdi.
But for 30k I was not getting AGS and thats the main reason I went for brezza otherwise it would have been ecosport trend plus variant.
Congratulations for your Brezza @allhyundaicars
So i guess you will have to change your id to "Allhyundaiwith1maruticar" [;)]
Brezza is a highly customisable car, you will get a lot of accesories in the aftermarket for Brezza which can add glam to your Interiors.
Ah, I also have a Ford car , it would be a messy name now if I were to add Ford too.

Congratulations on your Brezza. Its the highest selling Compact SUV after all.
Thanks anshuman.
Thanks carfreak.
Hello Sir @allhyundaicars , i'm late but congratulations on your new car.
Like Sir @SilverEyez said, you should change your name to @AllHyundaicarswith1MarutiCar!!!!!!
Regarding the dome lights and center lights, you could upgrade them to LED's, ask @bhvm Sir, as he is an expert in these kinda' things.
Have lakhs of happy miles with it.
Thanks , even I am thinking to upgrade to powerful LEDs. Will surely ask bhvm. I always do
Brezza looks decent with square and boxy looks. Pick up is also decent as I have driven only manual I can say this.
For city traffic the AGS in brezza is really good.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats on the Breeza!
Somehow missed the thread.
Have many happy miles with it.
How smooth is the AGS? Any jerk felt when downshifting? Usual head nod?

Thread Starter #20

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i think nobody is interested in the brezza ownership [lol] our brain just skips looking at the word maruti suzuki and anything written after [lol] i too am not a great fan either. i have decided not to spend for any unnecessary expenses right now. will go to the shop after some time to get the sunfilms plus other accessories.

Ags is quite smooth for upshifts. negligible jerks but cannot be compared with full auto. downshifting to third and second i feel has extra level of jerks compared to the upshifts. Don't know about your cities but in delhi it's a boon to drive this in long jams. [:D]

i think nobody is interested in the brezza ownership [lol] our brain just skips looking at the word maruti suzuki and anything written after [lol] i too am not a great fan either. i have decided not to spend for any unnecessary expenses right now. will go to the shop after some time to get the sunfilms plus other accessories.

Ags is quite smooth for upshifts. negligible jerks but cannot be compared with full auto. downshifting to third and second i feel has extra level of jerks compared to the upshifts. Don't know about your cities but in delhi it's a boon to drive this in long jams. [:D]
Couldn't agree more, the interiors are quite a put off, and the bucket quality plastics add to the woes.
I quite enjoy AMT on both my Tata's, one has to unlearn the MT habit to enjoy AMT, a boon in our chaotic city traffic.
Do keep updating your thread.

Thread Starter #23

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
there's one ford too [lol]
life with brezza is good so far. i am not getting good mileage though. i am getting between 15-15,5 kmpl in delhi traffic with 60-70% AC on. car has covered 4500+ kms so i don't think it will increase anymore. the main thing is car's driven for very short distances say 3 kms one side mostly so i guess that's why mileage seems low. can't say.

So i'll call you "allhyundaicarswith1marutiamd1ford"!!
Jokes apart, you already know the reason for low mileage of your car and the reason is short distamce usage and that too in traffic where clutch and brake are used too much. Even i was getting 11-12 kmpl in my Diesel Manza when i had just bought it 3 months ago and the reason was the low distance usage. After having driver it for nearly 10k kilometres since í bought it, the current mileage stands at 20-21 kmpl.
So, you got yourself a nice car just dont care about the mileage and keep rockin' and driftin' !!

Thread Starter #25

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car has crossed 5700kms mark. Got the second service done a week back. Was randomly checking the service book and got to know at 5400kms mark that second service is supposed to happen at 5000kms or 6 months. No calls from the service centre.
Hyundai keeps on reminding me a month before about the services.

Now there is some rattling/squeeky noise coming from the steering. Will have to get it checked again at the sc. Hope it's not the steering column issue.

Thread Starter #28

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I recently went to nainital hill station and would like to share the views of the drive.
1. Don't ever take brezza above 100 kmph. It's not at all stable above that. I sticked to the 90kmph speed limit. I could feel the car going above 100kmph , I didn't get the same feeling in Verna , corrola and the Elantra.

2. The AMT worked flawlessly while overtaking. Not once I felt that the gearbox took time to downshift. Even at 70kmph I pressed the accelerator hard and it downshifted to 3rd gear for easy overtaking.

3. The 1.3 diesel engine is very tiring to drive on uphills. Many times the car shifted to 3rd gear and the rpm was around 1700-1750 and the car struggled to climb up without the turbo boost. But it was made easy with the AMT , a hard press on the accelerator and the downshift to second gear made it easy to climb up.

4. I tried manual mode to climb up and I noticed that the gearbox won't upshift in manual mode but it does downshift when speed becomes low for the gear. I was expecting that I have to upshift and downshift manually.
So when the car slowed down I used to downshift from 3rd gear to 2nd but the gearbox did the same and I used to end up in first gear with a heavy jerk.
So I just put the gear on auto.

5. Don't know about the mileage , I missed a previous fill up and coming back I got stuck in 1 hour 15 minutes traffic jam. ( Covered just 400 meters)

Car's odo nearing 7000kms.

Thread Starter #29

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This time got LLUMAR sunflim installed in the brezza. I would have chosen Garware but it wasn't available anywhere I tried.

2400 RS for sides and 1800rs for the front. No data available for heat rejection but it's 70% VLT.
IMG_20190527_120753.jpg

Changed the horns to hella blue and these are really bad. Sounds like a broken horn. Don't go for them. Shop owner will get me Bosch horns tomorrow.
IMG_20190527_120806.jpg

Top Bottom