Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS Road Noise Issue

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts, I am using Baleno RS and a couple of months ago it got its 4th servicing done. Just after that I am facing road noise at high speed, also bit louder road noise on rough roads. Here I must mention that I have installed two cameras on the ORVMs and door panels were also refitted. All exhaust system was disassembled and reassembled to find out the source of another noise (which they could not do !) One plastic panel was also removed/reinstalled from the end of the steering column. tires are the same Yokohama Earth 1 205/16 just rotated it.
So is it possible to identify the source of the road noise:
1. through the ORVMs ? (although that has been tightened by mseal)
2. through the inside of the doors ?
3. through the weather seal of the doors ?
4. through any open space inside the car, below the steering column ?
5. Anyway from the boot ?
6. through any space under the dashboard ?
7. whether the exhaust system is the culprit ?
Earlier it was very quite but now every thing has changed. Is it possible to know the actual source of that noise ? If so please let me know, if it is not possible by self, in that case I may/will get help from SS. Your expert opinion is desperately needed.

Hi, quite busy so I could not message you. Regarding brake sound it is possible issue with brake booster diaphragm or link road. You can only confirm it by comparing same RS trim. Regarding road noise try some sound deadening pads on Amazon.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Surya Sir, listening from you after a long interval. For brake noise I have to get the car checked by the ASS again and this time ask them to check the booster diaphragm and link road. To reduce the road noise, the sound deadening pads to be fixed on doors or every where means bonnet, boot, under the foot mats & doors ?

Thread Starter #6
for firewall I think they have to remove the dashboard ! I think it will be invitation to new rattles & noise ! is it so ?

for firewall I think they have to remove the dashboard ! I think it will be invitation to new rattles & noise ! is it so ?
Removing dashboard not required, you can install yourself. pock your head cut pad accordingly where ever pipes are there make round hole and vertical cut such that you can push the pad. AC rectangular pipes not an issue There is a gap. Only thing cooling coil, heater core , booster and some wiring harness. You can follow above method, need not seal like vacuum, maximum possible are you cover with pads you can get excellent results.

Thread Starter #8
Ok Sir, but is it possible for you to show me a snap of any portion of firewall where I have to paste the pads. In amazon they are selling full mat type as well as small pads too.

Top Bottom