Maruti Suzuki Baleno Premium Hatchback Now Launched

Re: Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Coming Up

This doesn't compete with the GT twins in terms of power. GT has 105 PS on both TSI and TDI and this thing has 90 only. Though I appreciate that they have tuned the DDiS to deliver same power as Punto 90 PS and Polo, which has a 1.5 l engine.

Maruti Suzuki premium hatch 'YRA' spied agian, engine specification & feature details

Maruti Suzuki's upcoming premium hatch just spied couple of days ago by the folks at Autocar in India , the above front undisguised image of YRA is said to be world's Exclusive Image . We now received some useful info from our sources about its engine specification , price details , feature details & its rear view details .Surprisingly the first report is about its name , where
Maruti Suzuki YRA could join Swift twins to became Swift triplets i.e Swift Hatch , Swift C-Sedan & Swift notch. As per our source, 'YRA' headlamps are quite similar to Swift Twins & taillamps are giving little resemblance of Swift Dzire's taillamp. It 5th door is said to be as small as discontinued A-star's boot .

Engine Details of Maruti YRA :- As per Sources , Maruti YRA will available in 2 engine option i.e
Petrol - All new 1242cc VVT motor that delivers amazingly 94PS of power with 20.1 KMPL of fuel economy .

Diesel - 1248cc 90PS tweaked DDis motor that Maruti Suzuki recently launched under Ciaz's hood that delivering 26.2 KMPL .

Price & feature Details :- YRA will available in 4 Variants i.e V,V+Z,Z+ .
Top of the line Variant (Z+)will have Chrome plated door handles & Door window Garnish , Smart access with push start button , Integrated sporty spoiler , Vertical daytime running Led's , Sporty 16" 5 Spoke alloy wheels , Rear parking Camera , 5.5" Bluetooth & Navigation enabled touch screen music system . Its variant to variant prices is about 50K-55K expensive then Swift hatch .

It will be the first car from Maruti Suzuki in India that offered with Daytime Running Led's .

GaadiWaadi.com(blog): Maruti Suzuki premium hatch 'YRA' spied agian, engine specification & feature details reveled

Attachments

Is it only me or anyone else who think this design is not what posted in OP. it is not Ciaz based HB, looks a little better than Swift, but c'mon Polo & Elite will eat this for breakfast in terms of design.

FE & Suzuki badge may play an role. Let's wait and see if it can shake the sales of Polo/Elite-i20.

I'm Not much of maruti Fan but come-on its high time you stop playing with the decade old engine come up with a bit powerfull engine to give a premium feeling for the premium car. Rather than under-powering it.Nothing in terms of design that stands out. I don't know where they are heading and the surprising thing is it sells [frustration].

@ FD i know but that doesn't sound right always isn't it. i mean i like Hyundai for the new design they come up with every time. all their cars have better interiors than their rival MARUTI. and yes sorry i forgot to wish you for Your Xcent hope its doing good.May be some day Maruti will realize they have to change.

Sure it will sell. But what about safety? Well, Polo & Elite i20 are better-looking than these, but if it has something extraordinary, only then will it be better than the P and E-i20. Of course, it will outsell everything but the question - "Is it better than competition?" remains since every Maruti sells, NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR BAD IT IS!! [sleep] Frankly speaking, it looks ugly to me in the spy pics at least. Front is ugly, rear seems good. For some reason, I feel everything by Maruti is copied from something else (except for safety). Does it have ABS and Airbags from at least the middle variant? I'm sure it's not. If it does, it's sure to have a downside of course.

My questions on the spy pics:

In one of them, the Suzuki badging is clearly visible. Doesn't it have the name badging as well?

In one of the interior shots (first one), the steering wheel is visible to the left corner. It seems like it's from a country with LHD norms (not India), right?

Thread Starter #24

In one of the interior shots (first one), the steering wheel is visible to the left corner. It seems like it's from a country with LHD norms (not India), right?
You should note YRA is a hatch when conceived was for Europe and will be built in the Hungarian plant. Somewhere down the line looks like Maruti has come into picture and this hatch seem to rival the Jazz and Elite in India.
Regarding safety they will answer the European norms like the S-cross and
for India it will have to pass the norms that will come in October 2015.
Powertrains too could be different for the European and the Indian markets. They could debut their new turbo petrol for Europe. For India now it will all be speculations similar to the S cross even though it is a released product for Europe.

@ FD i know but that doesn't sound right always isn't it. i mean i like Hyundai for the new design they come up with every time. all their cars have better interiors than their rival MARUTI. and yes sorry i forgot to wish you for Your Xcent hope its doing good.May be some day Maruti will realize they have to change.
Design is something MS wants to learn from Hyundai. And Hyundai/MS want to learn about engine/driving dynamics from VW/Skoda.

Thanks for your wish and my Xcent is just doing good.

Thread Starter #26

The hatch completely undisguised in India.
B24AZMrCIAAL1XR.jpg
B24Mai8CcAAdoVZ.jpg
B24MWMMCcAErlla.jpg

Source:GW

LED tail lights? Good.

Only if head lamps were visible :(

Design is something MS wants to learn from Hyundai. And Hyundai/MS want to learn about engine/driving dynamics from VW/Skoda.

Thanks for your wish and my Xcent is just doing good.
After Sales Service is something VW/Skoda/Audi want to learn from Honda/Toyota

Last edited:

Thanks.

To me at least, it looks no better than the first-gen dZire. MSIL sucks at design, that's for sure.

P.S. It's only my opinion. Opinions can differ.

@ Shrid I Second you on that the designer for maruti has to be changed for sure. they are playing with the same engine plonking it in different body styles not going to woo customers. But in India anything maruti produces sells.

Top Bottom