Maruti Suzuki Baleno Performance Upgrades

In India people want to upgrade parts but then there is a lack of aftermarket parts. In here there are almost every part is available by 2-3 competitive brands .

Sway bars and strut bars helps when it comes to corners.

CV joint problems are so common on Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions because they are all wheel drive cars.

I've did a short test drive of a Evo 7 , mate's car
Can you explain Sway - strut bars and cv joint ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE3NjDdfts

@ joeking - Yes Please check my ownership thread :) Its still in progress brother

Navneet: Constant-velocity joint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This has nice graphics to tell you what exactly CV joint is and whats the function

Strut bars are mainly in high reving cars where they put the bar under the bonnet over the front two shocks and in some cars on the rear as well ( in the boot). it helps you in cornering and provides stability.

The bar over the engine is a Strut bar

Attachments

nah man i dnt own a GTR ,Twin turbo car cannot be a daily driver car
people who buy GTR keep it a weekend Ride , if you want it to be a daily driver you need to remove both the turbos and put one bigger turbo and Adjustable V cams to reduce turbo lag and then it can be a normal daily driven car

If you are going for Baleno then get it a above 2006 model.
You can get a good one in 1.80 to 1.90L
Try to find in Maruti True value.
My last car was a baleno, i had gone in for a red rooster free flow with a k&n universal filter, and was then touching speeds of 170 with ease, but they are a bit on the expensive side, i heard that free flows from automech from Mumbai are cheaper.

One of my friends has a Automech header/free flow setup - it dint feel that good. It appeared as though it had very thin primaries. The initial and mid range seems OK but falls flat at the top end.

Im planning to pick up a used baleno. How much will a well maintained one cost? Should i go for that or some other car(keeping the availability of spares in mind)? And im interested to increase its performance. What about raj steel headers and sides? How much will they come up to? Or should i go for Red Rooster or some other brand? May i also know the details and pricing of supsension,brake rotors and pads and remapping.
Thank you [:)]

hey bro. i got a june 2000 baleno for 80k!!!! can you beat that???

2nd owner and 75k done. she is surely a delight to drive. i get an avg of around 13 in the city with ac. non ac on mumbai pune express way she gave me an anv of 17.8kms. SHOCKING right!!! but its true.

Some of the tips while buying a used baleno:

1. always see to it that she starts in half or one twist of the key
  2. the rpm should rise to 1000 or 1100 and finally settle at 900 or 800rpm ( do not rev her)
  3. Observe for unnecessary gear and pedal vibrations during idle and drive
  4. During drive, if there is a lot of ruddle duddle sound from the front. its time for her lower arms and suspension bushing change( 5000-6000 rs)

Check for smooth sound. she is a very silent car at idle

Observe door linings and power mirror and power windows functionality

Check for the AC. cooling and blower power.

you will definitely love driving this car. the rear and side line resemble a BMW sedan for the early 90's. trust me.

Low slung and power packed.

With regards to performance:

She is already a 94bhp car and trust me thats quite enough to enjoy the rush.

So a free flow sports exhaust should do for the sound and feel ( cost around 6000k)

go in for good alloys and tyres (around 40k both)

Underbody neon lights for added appeal (2.5 k)
thats it.

your ride is already flaming now.

and yes. RIDE SAFE..AND SMOOTH. ;) [glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Second Hand Maruti Baleno?

Im planning to pick up a used baleno. How much will a well maintained one cost? Should i go for that or some other car(keeping the availability of spares, maintenance in mind)?
And im interested to increase its performance. What about raj steel headers and sides? How much will they come up to? Or should i go for Red Rooster or some other brand? May i also know the details and pricing of supsension,brake rotors and pads and remapping.
Thank you [:)]
hey mate,

check out my review below. it will help you

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ruti-suzuki-baleno-1-6-2000-a.html#post221077

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom