Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

Guys, how do I pass the wires from engine bay to the passenger cabin?
Here's a quote from Audioholic from team bhp

Is it safe to pierce rubber grommets in regard to water insulation ?
Audioholic reply:
If you are talking about crossing the firewall from the cabin to engine bay, Maruti has provided spare stubs in each grommet. You dont have to pierce the grommet. Instead, cut the tip of the stub and route the wires through this. The stub can be taped securely to the wire which will not be possible if you just pierce the grommet.
Does anyone know if baleno has such stubs? would be great if I can avoid piercing the grommet, just wanna pass thin wires for foglamp projectors relay and hi-beam switch.

HI Guys,
In my baleno delta petrol car, after I parked my car, the headlight alarm is not working if headlight is not switched off. Normally, if we forget to switch off the headlight and parked the car, headlight alarm start alarming that headlight is on. But it stopped working recently. Any clue on this?

The right side indicator has stopped working, I suspect the issue is with the signal switch itself since the hazard lights work fine. Do I need to replace the whole stalk or it could be the faulty flasher unit?

The right side indicator has stopped working, I suspect the issue is with the signal switch itself since the hazard lights work fine. Do I need to replace the whole stalk or it could be the faulty flasher unit?
My assessment was correct, the indicator stalk was indeed faulty and it was replaced, cost me Rs. 900 + Rs. 300 labor, works great now.

The handbrake cables were replaced in my car last year, initially the handbrake cable was tightened a bit too much, the wheels wouldn't turn freely when the car was jacked up, which was "rectified" later.

Recently the rear left wheel suffered a puncture and I noticed there was a slight drag (and noise) at some point of the rotation. This is present on the right side wheel as well. Meanwhile, no such drag/noise can be heard from the front wheels. What could be the reason? Is the handbrake still over tightened by a smudge? or it could be something else?

Hi Experts & Victims

I am from Hyderabad, Telangana.
I own a Baleno RS 2017 (Petrol) - This is an Awesome car performance wise - Love the stability, Speed, agility and Braking. If you can compromise a bit on Mileage side - Can enjoy drives on Highway as well as City traffic.

Since an Year, observing ticking Sound from the bonet (Something like - Fan blades hitting rubber kind of object).
For 2 consecutive services, Maruthi service guys (Sai Service Center) said Its been fixed and after I take the vehicle, same issue persisted. Have given the Car for Service latest on 23rd Feb 2021 & Here start the story.

After 4 days, I got a call from Customer Advisor saying:
1. Sound is from Engine & as this is Baleno RS and they don't get many RS, they suspected "Water Pump" (RS.6500) - Replacing that might remove the noise AND if that doesn't they also need to Replace the "Dynamo"(RS. 9500) .
I asked for Re-Confirmation, the advisor said the fixed Similar issue for another customer - These two parts would cost me around 17000 rupees including service charges - & will have to place an order and wait for another 15 days.

Now, after 18 long days, they again call me and say, they are not sure if REPLACING WATERPUMP & DYNAMO together too might help OR not.

Conclusion: Maruthi Service engineers\technicians - Have no idea where the sound is coming from and how to fix.

In the mean time they are trying to dissect my Car - to their wish, I resolved to seeking help from Online communities & Experts please.

Issue: "Fan hitting something" kind of sound from inside Bonet - BALENO RS 2017 - Petrol
- Issue is present since last 8 months (Might have originated after a month of third service)
- Start the Car, You can hear the ticking sound along with Engine Revs
- After Starting car, If there is no acceleration, the TICKING sound fades off after few seconds - If you accelerate, TICKING sound starts again
- Accelerate, You can hear the sound
- Driving, You can hear the sound feeble (Because of the Drive & External noise)

I can no longer trust Maruti Service center guys on this - They gotta have TRIAL & ERROR kind of approach on my CAR.

Anyone who has experienced this & got it fixes OR Experts in the field - Please I request you to help me with this.

Hi,
My Baleno Petrol Zeta recently completed 1000 Kms and I got the first service done. After that I started experiencing pain in my hand and i felt the car was pulling to one side of the road. I went again to the showroom and asked them to check the alignment. They agreed the alignment is wrong in left side and did the alignment and gave the report.
But now I am feeling little pain in my palm. The steering play is very high and the steering turns itself even for a small rough patch in the road. I feel the steering is giving the feedback from the road vibration and I am feeling that in my palm.
I again took the car to MASS, they checked it and said its normal and baleno normally has such a steering play.
The car now doesn't pull one side.. but when i take hand of the steering and it hits a small rough patch it starts pulling in one direction. The steering play is very high in slow speeds.
Is this normal? or due to my bad driving habit? or is there something i need to check even by taking to some non MASS center.
Could someone please help me.
I have the same problem. I complained to MSSD, Delhi they inspected stating the car was fine. I have complained to three different workshops, all say that the cr pull on one side, but the company doesn't want to admit on record. I strongly believe there's a manufacturing defect.

If you need to change your wiper MASS will charge approximately 1400-1500 for all three wipers.
I changed only the rubbers of the wiper which I ordered from boodmo.com and cost me 450RS.

Issue: "Fan hitting something" kind of sound from inside Bonet - BALENO RS 2017 - Petrol
- Issue is present since last 8 months (Might have originated after a month of third service)
- Start the Car, You can hear the ticking sound along with Engine Revs
- After Starting car, If there is no acceleration, the TICKING sound fades off after few seconds - If you accelerate, TICKING sound starts again
- Accelerate, You can hear the sound
Could be the valve lifters, may need a valve adjustment if the sound is indeed coming from the engine. Did you check the engine oil? What's the total mileage done on your car? Sorry couldn't help more, you need to narrow down the source of noise by trial and error.

Got the same problem. Actually the rear brakes get stuck if left on parking for more than 3-4 days specially after rainy days. Got to dealer and was told there was no solution to this problem.

The REAR brake pads of MARUTI sticks to the rotor if left on PARKING for 3-4 days after rainy days. What an incompetence from MARUTI to leave this problem unattended. Brake pads that get stuck because of rain....Never heard of from other car models.

The only solution that remains is to leave the car on gear in the garage....Such a disappointment for my New Buy of January 2021. Specially when I started to love the drive of the car!!

Top Bottom