Maruti Suzuki Baleno: Delayed Self Start

Thread Starter #1
My Alpha petrol (manual) Baleno has a push start ignition, however it is of late started taking a very long self, sometimes about 8-10 seconds. 6 months back there was a situation where it just wouldn't start i did a "dhakka" start and it worked, since then the car was behaving normally, however since the past week or so it takes a long time to start. Sometimes problem happens when car is started after it is at rest for about 10-15 mins and once started thereafter all the subsequent starts are normal. Sometimes problem occurs even after car has been running continuously. Have referred the issue to the authorised service station and following are their conclusions:

1) Battery - Normal, no isssues
2) Alternator Functioning - Normal
3) Spark plugs - Taken out and cleaned , did not solve the problem
4) Scanned for error codes - None found.

Most likely suspect a faulty fuel pump - a replacement pump ordered. Since the car is out of warranty and fuel pump replacement has considerable cost, i am concerned that even after replacement if the issue is not resolved then it would be wastage of money. Anybody here has any suggestions?

Thread Starter #3
Dhakka start means that it was physically pushed to make the engine start.

The service centre has returned the car to me after cleaning the fuel tank and spark plugs/injectors etc, as per them the fuel inside the tank was sub-standard and they want me to run the car to see if the problem returns and if it does then the fuel pump shall be changed.

Top Bottom