Maruti Suzuki Baleno: Defective Car Delivered As New

Thread Starter #1
I am vikas watts .
Owner of Baleno zeta petrol , purchased on 6 july 2018 from sriganganagar, Rajasthan
I never had happy time after buying my1st car Baleno,as each and every statement came to be a lie only,
But I never ever thought it would be like this,as I had a hope that Nexa is a part of maruti suzuki so nothing can be fishy in a deal made.
But I was wrong at that point to believe the statements given by a salesman ,as this was his trick for sales, and as I am too a business man and all my family is in business line from last 50 years ,and it's very long time ,so as we have bond with our customers and we never ever cheated our customers and that's why today we are continuing our business without any burden, because in a business Customer is the main priority and without customers the business is zero, so it's our duty to satisfy our customers and make a fair deal with them ,and so I never had any negative thought for the statements given by salesman and I believed him and that was the biggest mistake I made in my life , and its everyone's dream to have their own personal car ,and we save money for it ,and all families emotions are attached, and the level of happiness that all family have can never be measured in terms of money,but for salesman it doesn't matters, so the experience I had after buying my 1st car baleno is the worst I have ever had in my life,from the day 1 issues begun,and you will not believe the car was still in the showroom only and we saw the front bumper as it had so many scratches all over and the salesman tried his best that we cant see that damage ,for this there were around 4 to 5 workers all using polish, wax and many more things of which I had no knowledge as it was my 1st car , when we saw that we were so disappointed of all this but salesman wid making promises

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Today's business ethics is not as transparent as it used to be in yesteryear(s). Did you confront the salesman for telling you all crap and lies? If you have convincing proof with you then you can take action on him but now the loophole is after 1.5 year you are complaining. Can you share some pics preferably of the delivery year i.e 2018? The best possible solution to me looks like that you can consider selling it off and going in for some other vehicle. Make sure to do a Pre-Delivery Inspection and suggest this to even your friends and family to properly check the car prior to delivery.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #3
You are right brother.i understand your point.yes I confronted the salesman but as you know he was just repeating the same thing again and again that just give us few days and after that he was not there and then I came to know that he has left the job and then dealer people's gave me a reply that it was between the salesman and you ,but he is not working here now so we cant do anything ,and it's not like that I haven't complained before I had done ,but I was ignored for so long and I was fed up of all this ,as daily going to the showroom and then in reply what you get is we are looking into this matter ,and I explained them but they just pass it to workshop. And showrooms quality manager showed me the invoice of the car delivered to me I.e the date of delivery to them and it was of may 2018, so I was like what is proved by this ? As the salesman statement was that it's on the way and is coming through truck lorry and I had gone after 25th june 2018 and till that time car was not available ! So what I do of this invoice ? Brother I like your advice but purchasing new car now is difficult for me ,as there would be huge loss coz I have paid downpayment and 20 installments till now

Akash1886

Honoured Member
yes I confronted the salesman but as you know he was just repeating the same thing again and again that just give us few days and after that he was not there and then I came to know that he has left the job and then dealer people's gave me a reply that it was between the salesman and you
Since you weren't aware of the PDI etc, the salesman took undue advantage and fooled you. I remember a case where in a member was harassed by the Nexa showroom of Delhi and coincidentally it was for a Baleno too. The bugger always gave a new excuse to him about delayed delivery but once when he shared his ordeal here his issue was resolved to his liking. The buggers are masters in throwing the responsibility on other's shoulders as that is the easiest way to escape.

but he is not working here now so we cant do anything ,and it's not like that I haven't complained before I had done ,but I was ignored for so long and I was fed up of all this ,as daily going to the showroom and then in reply what you get is we are looking into this matter ,and I explained them but they just pass it to workshop.
I bought a Nexon diesel in 2018 and it developed rust spots which was informed in person by me to the TML dealer here and even they took pics to send it to the superiors but you know what till this date there hasn't been a resolution by them on the issue and ultimately I paid 20 Rupees and got touch up done as my time and family commitments are more important than the car. You too should not bother yourself much because these buggers won't readily accept their fault and no point wasting your time on them.

And showrooms quality manager showed me the invoice of the car delivered to me I.e the date of delivery to them and it was of may 2018,
The invoice shown to you might be the sales certificate that is issued to the dealer by the brand.

As the salesman statement was that it's on the way and is coming through truck lorry and I had gone after 25th june 2018 and till that time car was not available ! So what I do of this invoice ?
What they did was they created all this scene just to win your confidence that you'll be provided with a new car. Since you weren't as informed, they pulled a fast one you by giving a damaged car.

Brother I like your advice but purchasing new car now is difficult for me ,as there would be huge loss coz I have paid downpayment and 20 installments till now
I think as MSIL cars have a healthy resale you may get a good price and many banks don't charge the pre-closure charges on loans as well. Just give it a thought and next time think twice before buying any MSIL product and request you to go through PDI thread of our forum.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #5
Yes brother you are right and I too understand everything now.They are just passing the time now so as warranty period gets over and then they are not liable for anything, and I have complained at nexa Helpline too but they just take my complaint and told me to wait, wait ,wait as we are looking into this matter with the dealer,so I thought to escalate it , but for that it needs an interaction I.d and I have no knowledge about it , as what would it be ? So for this I had a talk at Helpline and they gave a reply that we cant tell you as it is known to dealer only, so you see now they dont want my complaint to escalate also, Brother I know you are giving me the right advice ,so I will for sure think about it , and yes thanx a lot , and yes if you know about interaction I.d then do let me know

Bro help me in this , I got this message from maruti support and they want to know all the details, so should I send them , I need your opinion
20200219_002953.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Bro help me in this , I got this message from maruti support and they want to know all the details, so should I send them , I need your opinion
Give all details of the car as asked and interact with them on email so that you have proof of communication. Payment receipt you can attach and do ask for the contact number of the sender i.e Mr. Gupta. Hope for the best. Good Luck!

Regards
Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Vikas watts : Request you to check this link: escalate-second
You can also get in touch here: Address: 1, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj II, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Phone: 011 4678 1000

@Nairrk: Data selling is I think to be a big business. Spammers and all sort of dirt and unwanted details are asked for. Indeed it is shocking that the mail had the name of reputed brand on it.

Regards
Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Indeed it is shocking that the mail had the name of reputed brand on it.
That's what surprised me also. And they are fully aware of his (Vikas Watts) problem and exactly they tried to catch through it as they know he is desperate to solve the problem.

However, I doubt whether Vikas Watts ever gave a written complaint to MSL. Seems all these times he has been talking to various people, which goes without any record. Had he put it on writing directly to MSL with copies to the dealer in the beginning itself, I felt the problem should not have been dragged as such. This is what I feel, I may be wrong also. (I have benefitted many times by lodging complaints in writing instead keep calling different guys and wasting time)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
That's what surprised me also. And they are fully aware of his (Vikas Watts) problem and exactly they tried to catch through it as they know he is desperate to solve the problem.
Sir, honestly it boils my blood and I can't stand the fact that someone is taking undue advantage of a person's innocence. Not everyone is as informed but that doesn't mean any random person can take advantage and make joke of a serious issue.[frustration] Till now, I felt these spam mails were limited to selling Credit Cards, Loans and Insurance Policies and this the first time I am seeing such a mail with reference to an automotive brand. It is written in such a way that there are big chances of being misled. Thankfully Vikas got to know about it.

However, I doubt whether Vikas Watts ever gave a written complaint to MSL. Seems all these times he has been talking to various people, which goes without any record. Had he put it on writing directly to MSL with copies to the dealer in the beginning itself, I felt the problem should not have been dragged as such. This is what I feel, I may be wrong also. (I have benefitted many times by lodging complaints in writing instead keep calling different guys and wasting time)
That's indeed the right way to go. Email correspondence and written correspondence do serve as evidence in order to resolve such matters. We can't leave everything at dealer's end or their discretion. A dealer in most cases will not escalate the matter to the brand and at times both dealer and brand go hand in hand as well.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #14
Bro, really I dont know how come all this happened, I am in a great shock , you know I was going to send my details but I discussed it with akash and he reminded me to take the mobile number and mail I.d of that [gun]gupta [gun], really I am safe just coz of brother akash[cheers] , thanx for reminding me this.i just replied to send the mobile number and mail I.d first and what I got in reply was so scary and shocking to me, I am really so confused that how come they get to know ?

From where they came to know the problem and got your email details. How convincingly they used the topic head as ''Maruti Support'?
Yes I am too shocked as I saw "MARUTI SUPPORT "

@Vikas watts : Request you to check this link: escalate-second
You can also get in touch here: Address: 1, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj II, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Phone: 011 4678 1000

@Nairrk: Data selling is I think to be a big business. Spammers and all sort of dirt and unwanted details are asked for. Indeed it is shocking that the mail had the name of reputed brand on it.

Regards
Akash
Okay I will try for sure

You are right , I haven't given in a written as letter ,I have sent them emails many times and I had telephonic conversations with nexa Helpline so many times,the dealer here says we cant do anything as the salesman have left the job ,so I complained all this to nexa care and I got so many calls from their headquarters, from their superiors and my complain was cross checked with me for thrice by them and I was given an assurance that If all has happened the same way we will provide you complete refund and so I dont need to worry,but I dont know what happened in last 2 days as nexa Helpline doesn't picks up my call and nor I can complain online as I get a captcha and I post the same but automatically it gets rejected and it happened for 100 times and I got tired of it,and a day before I get a mail that your issue with workshop will be resolved, I was shocked that how they manipulated everything as my complain is for defective car used car ! So I tried calling to the manager of Nexa showroom, sriganganagar but he doesn't picks up my call , so I am now 100% sure they all were involved in this unfair deal

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Vikas watts , misuse of technology is easy in today's time. One has to be extra cautious. I am always there to help my TAIgers. This forum is a family to me and I won't be happy if my family members are in a bad situation. My habits are same as my dad's even he doesn't blindly accept anything and more so if it involves monetary things he is very punctual and believes in proper details. So his habits have rubbed on me.

Now when I am in Rajasthan, will get in touch with you and we'll have a good lunch together along with diet coke[:D]

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom