Maruti Suzuki & Autocar Young Driver Competition

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys Autocar has come up with a contest called Young driver in association with Maruti -Suzuki.
Grand prize-A star.

So all the young drivers of TAI, take part in the online test.
Check here:Young Driver 2011

All of us can check how well we are aware of the road safety.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Autocar Young Driver Competition 2011

Thanks for sharing the news, and nice to know that Young Driver is back all again with the action. Only wish if Maruti could have kept something other than the A-Star as grand prize. Perhaps Kizashi. What say Maruti? [;)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

I took part last year cleared the online test went for simulator and practical test to a maruti learning school in kalkaji ,cleared the simulator test without single error needless to say the practical as well(in a Zen Estillo) ,then they had to write marks on the sheet heard them saying "kaa-haan marks kaa-te" was very excited had a dream that very second i am parking "A-star" in my garage.

Days passed by used to check mail every day but no luck then semifinals came still no call/mail ,was little depressed thought at least i got to drive a zen estillo.

Overall it was a good experience and recommend that every auto enthusiast should give it a try.

Forgot to add- when i went for the simulator test there were total 10 contestants(including me) sitting in the simulator room 4 male and 6 female thought girls were there for their routine driving lesson but to my surprise they had also come for the test.

Last edited:

Due to some reason or the other i had to miss this contest every year. I have registered this time and hopefully participate, but sadly even this time my schedule is pretty tight and i am not sure whether i will be able to participate this time.

PS: IMO they should change the Prize from Astar to Swift(atleast, if not Kizashi). As for Kizashi, they MS guys wont ever give it away as prize. As ofnow, they are struggling to deliver TD vehicles to dealerships!

@shona still you are a lucky man! [:)] very less people are fotunate to reach till that level. planning to try this year again??

350Z

Core Team

Update: Today is the last day to participate in Young Driver Challenge. The participants will be now shortlisted to Phase 2.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just received an SMS from AUTOCAR informing that i have been selected for the Phase II. I have registered for the Skill test.

350Z

Core Team

Just received an SMS from AUTOCAR informing that i have been selected for the Phase II. I have registered for the Skill test.
Hey, Congratulations Akash! Looks like TAI has this year's Young Driver in the making. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Another TAI Member 'swiftvxi06' has also been selected for the next phase.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey good to see some of our members participating and getting selected for phase II as well, keep updating guys.

congrats guys!! my exams going or else i also have partipated. what will happen in phase 2 now? and when will it happen??

350Z

Core Team

This Year’s Young Driver Competition has been concluded. And the award goes to... Hitesh Duseja from Gwalior. Below is an official photograph from ceremony with Shashank Srivastava, Chief General Manager, Maruti Suzuki.

YD-Hitesh%20Duseja_5.JPG

These are the pictures of Maruti Suzuki Driving School.

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Many congratulations to Hitesh Duseja. Somehow i couldnt attend the Phase II due to some personal commitements. However i heard a of participants of phase II complaining about the simulator driving. Most of them complained that the simulator response was too slow. I am surely going to check with some MDS to know the real status.

350Z

Core Team

Maruti Suzuki Young Driver is Back. 2012 Edition also includes an exclusive women’s title. And although the contest is open for people aged between 18 – 30 but participants over 30 can take part in online test and stand a chance to win free Movie DVDs. Registrations are open: Young Driver 2012

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom