Maruti Suzuki & Autocar Young Driver Competition

autocar - young driver contest

guys. i participated in the autocar young driver contest & made it to the second round. just recieved the mail.
members who have participated, just pour in your inputs.

Attachments

Re: Autocar Young Driver Competition 2012

Hi Emperor,

Many congratulations, just make sure you select the right MDS for your test. Our member Zinam too had some problems during the simulator test.

Threads Merged.

Last edited:

Hi Emperor, Akash

I am new to TAI. I have also cleared the first round and recieved the mail yesterday. Can anyone throw some light on what all is done at MDS and suggestion for any good MDS in Chandigarh?
All the help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nishant

thanx akash, i have chosen vizag as it is near to my place. i dont know what the test will be. expecting it to be simulator. havent drove one till now.

The Autocar Young Driver 2012 Competition

i participated in the 1st phase that is online theory test and got thought....
i got a call from maruti that i was short listed and they asked me to take a slot date and time for phase 2(skill test)

phase 2 :
Test One: driving in a simulator in maruti driving school(MDS)
Test two: Driving a MDS car with an instructor

i got a slot today that is(24-06-12) at 12.40PM[:)][:)][:)].

i don't know what to do except crossing my fingers.

Attachments

@ thom howz the test. did you fare well??

i too got a cal from maruthi. booked my slot on 30 june

Last edited by a moderator:

The Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver Contest 2012 has received a very good response in its fourth season with a handsome 21,000 registrations received from youngsters in the 18-30 age group. The countrywide split of the registrations is 6900, 6100, 5800 and 2,300 in the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern regions respectively.

The growing popularity of the competition, which tests the competitors’ knowledge of traffic rules, road safety awareness along with their real-world driving skills, sees two new categories being added this year -- one exclusively for women, and the other for corporates. According to Mayank Pareek, COO - Sales & Marketing, Maruti Suzuki India, “The impressive response this year shows that the level of awareness regarding road safety has risen remarkably among the youth. For over a decade, Maruti Suzuki has been working on road safety and safe driving through a number of nationwide initiatives. We strongly believe that the involvement of youth will act as a catalyst towards taking up safe driving habits, as they are the key drivers of any change.”

The online registration process for the contest closed on June 8. The first stage of the selection process is an online driving skill test. Those who clear the online test enter the next stage of a theory and practical test at one of the Maruti Driving Schools (MDS) conducted across 110 such schools across 65 cities. The finalists then get a chance to prove their mettle at the Institute of Driving and Traffic Research, New Delhi. The contest winner, who is appointed a ‘Safety Ambassador’ to promote safe driving, wins a Maruti A-star.

I took my 2nd phase test on saturday. They just made me drive a car with instructor for 5 mins and said you are evaluated, just fill the form and give the ID proof. Don't know how they will evaluate the skills on a straight road 5 mins drive with no traffic.[surprise]

thats it??? they said the test will take 20mins. i have to travel 200 kms from my place to take the test. does it worth the pain??

I would suggest you give the test at a center nearby as their attitude towards it was very vey casual. Atleast i felt this way. [anger]

Even the person there at MDS said that "we will give good marks to all. We have to give 90+ marks to all". I went in the scorching heat, missed my lunch to go there during my office hours and the response i recieved was just demoralizing.
Maybe that's just one center in Chandigarh. Can't comment on it as a whole.
If you make it a family outhing, then you will enjoy the trip whether or not the competetion was worth it [;)]

jus confirmed with the MDS, they would be providing only simulator based test no car will be given.

Participated in the 2nd test phase and they just made me drive their old Alto for hardly 3-4 minutes. [lol]
After the drive they said, "Sir, we are giving 90+ marks to everyone who can drive properly and as you are also a good driver, we will be sending the same marks, rest depends on the luck. All the best! "
IDK, what they meant by this. [confused]

Top Bottom