Maruti Suzuki & Autocar Young Driver Competition

Re: Autocar Young Driver Competition 2012

Participated in the 2nd test phase and they just made me drive their old Alto for hardly 3-4 minutes.
After the drive they said, "Sir, we are giving 90+ marks to everyone who can drive properly and as you are also a good driver, we will be sending the same marks, rest depends on the luck. All the best! "
IDK, what they meant by this. [confused]
Here LUCK means jack. If you have jack in Maruti, you win the race, else you loose.

Best thing would be to decide the winner by SMSes.Participant who gets max SMSes wins, whether he drives or not. [lol]

Participated in the 2nd test phase and they just made me drive their old Alto for hardly 3-4 minutes.
After the drive they said, "Sir, we are giving 90+ marks to everyone who can drive properly and as you are also a good driver, we will be sending the same marks, rest depends on the luck. All the best! "
IDK, what they meant by this.
I am disappointed by this approach. Why hold a contest when winners are already selected. A person wastes his time & money for such a response from them.
I am an enthusiast and really disappointed by this approach[anger].

350Z

Core Team

Sudeep Mishra has won 2012 Maruti Suzuki Young Driver Contest. Congrats to him!

Maruti-Suzuki-Autocar-Young-Driver-Sudeep-Mishra-2012.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Autocar-Young-Driver-Sudeep-Mishra-2012-1.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Autocar-Young-Driver-Sudeep-Mishra-2012-3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ Was the winner selected by computer or on SMS votes ?? [lol]

Is the Winner nephew of Maruti's chairman? [lol]
Btw, congrats!
Keep trying(Jecks) and you'll win one day! (This is India!) [;)]

350Z

Core Team

Autocar Young Driver is back with 2013 edition. The last date to participate is 15th June. Log on to this link for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I participated in 2011. I was directed to take the Simulator test in Trivandrum. People there were making fun of this contest. The simulator was in such a bad state to even turn the steering to control the vehicle( i mean according to the road in screen). Different experience.

Do anyone know about Maruti Suzuki's young drivers competition?

Hey folks, I have participated in MS's Young Drivers 2016 competition, and I have cleared first online test round.[:)] Now its time to give road test at Maruti Suzuki Driving School. Basically I don't know what kind of test that will be, so is there anybody who have faced it already and could suggest me few things.

Thanks in advance.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Do anyone know about Maruti Suzuki's young drivers competition?

Hey folks, I have participated in MS's Young Drivers 2016 competition, and I have cleared first online test round.[:)] Now its time to give road test at Maruti Suzuki Driving School. Basically I don't know what kind of test that will be, so is there anybody who have faced it already and could suggest me few things.

Thanks in advance.
From what I experienced long back, they'll test basic (but important) driving skills that people often miss in routine driving. It includes following traffic rules, understanding road signs, parking the car in tight spots etc. Make sure to buckle up and adjust the mirrors as first thing before turning on the car. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey guys, let me share my driving test experience with you all.

Test timing- 16:00
Test Venue- Shaan Cars, Nashik.

Although I was a bit late to the venue, when I reached there the sales executive guided me to the MDS room where the instructor was sitting. He greeted me and inquired about license photocopy (Albeit, I was not carrying it), he was kind enough to take a one from the showroom.

Then he gave me two papers, one of them carried few questions, actually they were not questions but few words written, and you need to tick in subsequent two boxes as correct or incorrect. I exactly did not understand the way the questions were put up, but did as the instructor said.

After that I was expecting him to start the simulator, and ask me to give a test on it, but to my surprise he gave me a key and I followed him all the way to the parking lot where Wagon R was standing which was used by people to learn driving. I pressed the unlocking button two times but nothing happened, then he said me it was not working and I need to unlock the car manually by inserting the key into keyhole.

Thereafter he asked me to open bonnet and put the strut up. Following are the series of questions which followed later.
1. What documents you need once you sit in a car.
2. Locate brake fluid tank, coolant tank, wiper water tank.
3. How would you check the oil level?
4. What do you do before sitting in a car?

After that he asked me to sit in car and drive. I sat on driver's seat, put seat belt on, adjusted all three mirrors, and then he asked me the meaning of symbols on instrument cluster (told him). Then I drove the car straight for about 100 m, reversed the car and parked it in it's original position. The car which I drove was one of the worst kind, the 1st, 2nd and reverse gears were too notchy and very hard to engage[frustration].

That was all about the test. After little talking he told me that almost everyone is passed from our sides, and rest depends on your luck.

Last edited:
Hey guys, let me share my driving test experience with you all.
I am surprised as I was told to drive about 3 kms from MDS centre! It included almost everything a bridge, highly congested junction, narrow roads, sharp left and right turns, and a small reversing inside the parking lot. I did it with ease though. My instructor was very keen on my driving style watching my every movement. After completion, he asked me about the PDI of a car.
Yeah I was given a similar WagonR too which had 60k kms on the ODO. It rattled everywhere and oh boy learning in it is something to be doubted. At last, we went to the nearby Maruti showroom and he explained about the showroom and service center! We met both the Managers, Service staffs, walked through the service bays and all of them who saw us greeted with a smile[:)]. They even took us a picture in the service centre! Overall wonderful experience and now I am watching every road sign which I rarely did until now.

Moving to the finals is not in our hands but we can implement the "safe driving" technique in our everyday life.. Very impressed with this Young Driver programme by Maruti[clap].

Top Bottom