Maruti Suzuki Alto: Technical Issues & Solutions

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Why they have used 0W20 is there any problem with radiator fan and combination meter, Bill shows nothing specific to AC.
Ya the cooling fan assembly and combination assembly had to be replaced as both were not working properly. The AC wasn't cooling properly so that problem also got rectified by the ASC.

Alto needs a 40 weight oil, 30 for new models, with 20 weight it might not get proper protection.
I have noted your point and will inform my uncle on the same and take necessary action if need be buddy. Since now I have a Tigor and a CITY, so would not be using this ALTO for driving. Also, will inform this to my relative.

Regards

Akash

Iam using alto 2007 basic model and some problem.

There is a lot of vibration from engine and the noise is terrible when standing on signal or somewhere else.

Consulted a mechanic in my location and advised me of gaskit work and would cost me 18000.

I have clocked 97000kms till date.

Please some one help me.

There is a lot of vibration from engine and the noise is terrible when standing on signal or somewhere else.

Consulted a mechanic in my location and advised me of gaskit work and would cost me 18000.

Please some one help me.
What gaskit and what is the primary diagnosis.

Please some one help me.
Show a different mech, I think engine mount problem.

Hi All,
I own a 2007 Alto LXi (Carribean Blue) and over the course of 10 years (completes 10 years in January) have managed to get the following mods / additions done :
1. Tyre & rim upgrade to Yoko Earth-1 155/65 R13 on Neo Transformer hyper black alloys.
2. Tachometer installed - Auto Gauge (mounted in a fashion similar to Ritz)
3. Power windows (RD) & central locking (AutoCop)
4. Converted the AutoCop remote to a flip key
5. Internally adjustable ORVM from Alto K10
6. Audio : Pioneer DEH-1980UB with Harmon Kardon Infinity - PR6502 and Blaupunkt - GTx 402
9. Manual dimming IRVM from Wagon-R
10. Remote boot release.
11. Internal TPMS : CareUD U912 with replaceable battery.
12. Art Leather perforated seat covers with customized arm rest and steering cover : All in black + blue stitching.
13. DIY noodle mat.
14. Philips Vision LED T10(front & rear), SYLVANIA T10 W5W Amber LED (on clear Lens side indicators), Philips H4 Essential Vision 100/90W with Philips 12003XM H4 wiring kit.

I was able to complete most of the mods above thanks to all the invaluable information available on the numerous threads on this forum. Many thanks to all the gurus here. There are more minor mods, shall list them out later.

Below is a list of mods I have planned / in-progress :
1. Rear washer / wiper
2. OEM rear demister
3. OEM fog lamps
4. OEM rear parcel tray

Of the above i have managed to procure OEM switches for Fog and Demister from the UK which were taken from a scrapped Alto.

Now i am on the lookout for assistance for completing the wiring for the Fog lamps. The OEM part number for the same is 990J0M79G11-010 which i am told by the MGP store that it is no longer available.
I am thinking of procuring the following wiring kit from aliexpress : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/bel...p-4F9Z-15200-AA-Kit-for-Ford/32792957166.html
Will this be compatible ? Any suggestions / feedback welcome.

Thank you.

Show the pics of fog lamps to the mechanic, he will tell if they will fit.
When I showed my mechanic pic of fog lamps, he said, buy any, I will some how fit them. So i bought and he did fit them, although they were different size, he did some jugad and attached them.

Hello Abhijit,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am yet to buy the Fog lamps or the wiring kit.
I have only procured the OEM Fog Lamp switch which sits in the center console of the Alto.
I believe the OEM floglamps are not H11 which is why i am a bit concerned before going for the purchase.
Also, another option is to buy the following fog lamps (without wiring) :
FF-5038M - Front Fog Light Rh Uno Minda
FF-5037M - Front Fog Light Lh Uno Minda

And then proceed with wiring using a universal wiring kit from aliexpress. Similar to the one below :
Wiring Harness : Aliexpress

I think you should visit few good car accessories store they might have better options. Most accessories shops also fit them for a few more bucks. Don't buy on the first visit though.
Buy good company products only, once I bought Chinese LED fog lamps and they went our after 2 hrs of use, so be aware of such products.

I spoke to MGP retailer in Mumbai, he said fog lamps for Alto Lxi were never made. I think he checked his computer records and could not find the part. Otherwise he would have said they are out of stock or discontinued.
Once I discussed my fog lamp issue with FNG when my cheap fog lamps went out.
He said he can source good quality waterproof fog lamps which will last. But I opted to put the original fog lamps back.
I think if you check with FNG he might be able to get them.
Here my FNG has good contacts, he also restores old cars.

Alternatively, you can show the pics on link: Product Search - UNOMINDA to your FNG, FNG will suggest further.
If you buy and then go to FNG, things might not fit.

Fog lamps for the older Altos were never made. The newer ones did come with Fog lamps as a MGA accessory and was also available to be purchased at Rs. 3500/- for the entire kit which consists of the switch (mentioned in my above), the wiring, relays and of course the actual fogs. The part number for the same is 990J0M79G11-010 but as you mentioned, the part is no longer in production.

Just found that this has also been referenced on the forum here : Fog Lamps Alto LXi

Last edited:
You can visit old parts market, where they remove parts from old or damaged vehicles and sell them. In Mumbai there many such street shops. You can buy old ones and restore those, if required. In Mumbai we have headlight restoration street shops.

Hi everyone...
I owned alto k10 2015 model vxi. And for the past months the car is having a rattling sound during idle. When accelerates it goes away. When I open my hood I can't hear the rattling sound but it is so audible from the cabin. But I guess its not the sound from the dashboard. Till now I changed throttle body from the service center but returned it because it did not solved the problem. And then I changed all the engine mounts, drive shaft, steering box, bushing, control arms all that the service center asked me to do. But still they can't find the solution. One more problem is that it lags some power in 1st gear and sometimes hesitate to move. Please help me if someone has this knowledge and solution. Thank you

Top Bottom