Maruti Suzuki Alto: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #31
Maruti Suzuki Alto AC Problem

ALTO LX
MODEL 2007
KM Driven 68527KM
ALTERNATIVE FUEL:- CNG

Serviced my alto last weekend and running hassle free ride...but today during driving a problem i faced that the fan blower shut off when i press A.C Knob button. and when i again press A.C knob Button,fan starts working,anyone can help me to get rid of this

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto Issues. Please Help

HI. I cannot locate the cabin filter in my Maruti ALTO. It is a 2007 model.
There is no A/C (cabin) Air filter in alto. There is only An air filter for engine intake.
If you face any AC issue or too much stink, just do a servicing they will clean the AC, refill coolant etc. 1800 Rs is the cost.
Since the Car is nearly 9 years old, get its condenser checked. Due to road debris directly striking it, it gets damaged. Mine had to be changed after 11 years (5000 Rs).

Last edited:
Alto lxi maintenance guide

I own a alto Lxi 2007 with 59k on odo. Recently I kept it unused for 30-40days, after which there is a clunk sound on turning completely, the sound comes from the steering or the front wheels.
The AC is also not effective just about manages to throw some cool air.
Please guide me through this situation.
I am having this car for 1year and drove about 10k kms this is the first time I am having trouble.
I am a newbie in the car world, please let me know what has gone wrong and if authorised service centre or local mechanic would be better.

Re: Alto lxi maintenance guide

I own a alto Lxi 2007 with 59k on odo. Recently I kept it unused for 30-40days, after which there is a clunk sound on turning completely, the sound comes from the steering or the front wheels.
The AC is also not effective just about manages to throw some cool air.
Please guide me through this situation.
I am having this car for 1year and drove about 10k kms this is the first time I am having trouble.
I am a newbie in the car world, please let me know what has gone wrong and if authorised service centre or local mechanic would be better.
it comes from the right side arm. do a water wash and grease.

as far Ac, fill in AC gas and check. Can be done by a road side mechanic

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto Issues. Please Help

Hi i currently own a sept 2015 model maruti alto 800 which covered around 12000 kms in 10 months but now a days there is a strange sound coming from the rear like 'dag dag' . Mass is unable to rectify the problem. Apart from this car is charm to drive and as usual munching more miles.

alto lxi 2006 ac filter change

Hi all
I have purchased alto 2006 LXI 2 months ago.
When I turn on the fan dust comes out of the vent. I tried to locate ac air filter but I'm not able to find it under the glovebox...
Please help...

Alto Lxi Speedometer issue

Hi all, I am yathish from Vizag. Recently I have purchased used Alto Lxi 2010 Model car. After purchasing the car I came to knew that i got cheated / Hided the faults(as i was new to having a car for the first time). Even I have taken a mechanic's help they too couldn't find some issues. Stereo system is not working even there are audio files in the pendrive.
Speedometer is also not working. I don't know what is the problem. I want to repair the speedometer. can i do it myself and what will be the cost of the spareparts of it.

Need your suggestions

Re: Alto Lxi Speedometer issue

Hi Yathish, Welcome onboard.

Sorry to hear about the issues. Who did you buy the car from? Was it from a Used car dealer or an individual. I think you should try to get the some repairs compensated for (if not all) by the dealer if you bought the car recently. As for the spare parts, I am not sure of the prices, but the car being a Maruti, the parts would be easily available in open market (in case you are not going to a MASS dealer).

Thanks Akash for your reply. I bought it from an Individual by seeing in OLX. Really he cheated me. Yesterday I went on a small trip and found some sounds from the fan belts. Also, When I use the AC there is some sound like creeeeeeech like that. What would say? Is it better to Maruthi showroom for over all checkups?

thanks in advance

Thanks Akash for your reply. I bought it from an Individual by seeing in OLX. Really he cheated me. Yesterday I went on a small trip and found some sounds from the fan belts. Also, When I use the AC there is some sound like creeeeeeech like that. What would say? Is it better to Maruthi showroom for over all checkups?

thanks in advance
There is no fan belt. That typical sound comes from the waterpump pulley/ac belt and as you described that you get that sound once you switch on the AC, replace the AC belt should cost you around 500-700. It will be wise enough of you to visit the showroom and get everything checked but don't fall for everything they say, just listen to them comeback and post it here. I am sure experts over here will help you choose which items to go for.

@fusion_defusion, thanks for your suggestion. Due to some work load i couldn't visit the service center. Shortly i will go for a visit there. Thanks very much.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I am taking care of an Alto Lxi model owned by my Mamaji as he is in US. The car has been in my possession since July 2017 first week. He had told us to use the car for local runs in Noida and since the condition of the car was very bad I opposed to even sit in it frankly. All the panels were damaged, the right tail lamp broke off while coming from Bareilly, the AC wasn't working, the exhaust is busted and the engine was heating. Initially on inspecting, we found the coolant to be empty so as I keep all these things handy at my home so we filled the coolant and used it in our sector only. Personally, my standards of keeping a car in clean and maintained condition are very strict so I honestly cannot handle a minor glitch in this respect. I expect my relatives too to keep their cars atleast in good condition if not best. So, yesterday, we (me and paa) decided to take the car for repair at my uncle's ASC in Noida. It was a heartache for me to re-enter that place because I remembered my Esteem while I was there. Gave the car for repair and asked them to show the vehicle history. I am darn particular in this way i.e even though its my relative's car, but my rules are my own and I can't go over them. Upon seeing the history, I was in a shock, The car wasn't serviced for last 4 years. So, we gave a go ahead to do the needful to make it good enough to drive for next 45 days. The repair bill came to Rs. 8900/- and upon telling my sister the same, her reply was, "You could have avoided this investment, as mama ji does not use AC and you could have asked us". Can you all believe it? I was expecting a reasonable reply from her and instead of this she gave an utterly pathetic reply. I mean, how can you expect me to drive a car and keep it in bloody running condition if its having so many issues at hand? As an enthusiast, I cannot by-pass my ethics no matter what. What I feel is, some people actually miss out on the basic culture of maintaining their cars well. For them such investments are of no use. I am absolutely ashamed that such a car is now standing in my parking. Really pathetic sense of being an owner. Here is the bill buddies.

20170812_142958.jpg

My dad too was not happy with the way this Alto was maintained. He is no mood to talk to my mama ji and wants the car to be taken back asap by any of their friends. He doesn't like seeing such shabby cars.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom