Maruti Suzuki Alto: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Help with Coolant in Alto

I Found Leakage Today.Next week will surely Remove it.Thanks Guys.
Could you please explain more about the leakage? like, where? how you missed it these days (without noticing)?

This could be useful for fellow members in future, if we face a similar issue, we will keep an eye on it.

Thread Starter #17
Re: Help with Coolant in Alto

Could you please explain more about the leakage? like, where? how you missed it these days (without noticing)?

This could be useful for fellow members in future, if we face a similar issue, we will keep an eye on it.
Actually My Alto Puppy was on CNG Conversion .In the CNG kit there was A coolant hose pipe which was broken last month and my mechanic connected two hose pipes with each other to make a proper length and the connection is become lose time to time.So now i was searching for a new hose pipe

less power issue

Have a cylinder compression test ,may be engine is producing 50% of power now
Change piston rings if its the issue
Will get you drastic change in performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto Issues. Please Help

Hi Alto owners,

One of my close friend recently inherited an old Alto VXI 1.1 (2001 model) with AC, PS, PW which has ran close to 105000 kms.

The car is in Bangalore now. He asked for my advise to get the car serviced and what at all must things to be done.

I did a quick TD yesterday (may be in the weekend I will do again). Initial observations are -

1. Lots of body dents
2. Paint is not original (god knows how many times re-painted)
3. Engine cranks in one shot.
4. The dashboard lights are barely visible
5. Clutch is quite hard (like a diesel car)

Please advise what else things are to checked/replaced ? What are mandatory things to be replaced at this mileage. If some one has owners manual for 2001 VXI model, please advise.

He is not looking for restoration of the car, but he wants it mechanically perfect.

Also can you suggest any good & reliable mechanic/small -medium garage in Marathalli/Varthur Road area in Bangalore who can do the works. We can get the spares from Maruti Spares Stores.

Last edited:

Do change your spark plugs., I suspect chocked plugs might be your engines issue.

Hi anshuman as alto 1.1 is a ood car as it has a wagonR engine but it does not have a PS,
as for clutch replace your clutch wire & the check if still hard you will have to change your clutch & pressure plate, as for dashboard lights open & clean the cluster replace the bulbs if required. For paint you can't do much but still get it washed & rubbing polish done to get some good look. for mechanical help please post your problems & we all will try to give best possible help

srbhsgr get your ac serviced, as the cooling coil tends to go dirty over a period of time resulting in blockage of coil.

Last edited:

Anshuman,

First question why is is considering this car ?
Whats the price quote of the car?

Clutch will roughly will cost 5k incl of labour.
Also need to check the drive shafts, all bushes, toe ends, steering rack considering the mileage and age.
What about rusting ?

Anshuman,

First question why is is considering this car ?
Whats the price quote of the car?

Clutch will roughly will cost 5k incl of labour.
Also need to check the drive shafts, all bushes, toe ends, steering rack considering the mileage and age.
What about rusting ?
Thanks for your help, anyway I will speak to you offline, may be I will get the car checked by you soon.

The car was gifted to my friend (not bought), its kind of emotional attachment.

alto vx is a good car a small car with good engine, enough power to pull tha car with full payload & ac, as for clutch 5k is quite expensive as labour will cost around 800 Rs.

alto vx is a good car a small car with good engine, enough power to pull tha car with full payload & ac, as for clutch 5k is quite expensive as labour will cost around 800 Rs.
5K is an approx cost. Clutch disc assembly including pressure plate will cost you between 1.5 - 1.8 K rs or less than in MGP stores. Usually outside mechanics charge around 800rs for clutch change in local garages. expense will increse in case you are doing gear oil change.

Alto is a pretty decent I am driving one sice 2005 and has cloaked over 1.5 Lakh kilometers. Yes the AC kills the engine but we need to understand that the engine is just 800 CC. But in my car cooling is not a problem, what I observed it that the faster the car goes the better the cooling is. For your pickup issues get your tappet adjustment done, I just got it done recently and the performance improved.

Timing belt and tensioner
Spark Plugs
Brake Pads
Clutch Cable (if this shows no improvement then 5k for clutch and pressure plate)
Oil and air filter
Oil change
wheel alignment
battery charging
AC gas top up
Steering wheel grip, Gear Knob, floor mats (for a fresh/new feel)

Anshuman bhai, these things if done ASAP it just postpones any breakdowns which might otherwise happen. Do not spend much on paint etc unless it is way too bad.

Top Bottom