Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi Wine Red Ownership Review

Thread Starter #20
Adjust the clutch play 10 to 13 mm and observe. You can adjust at leaver at gear box or at pedal. If problem solves well and good.
Thank you for your immediate reply sir.

I adjusted the clutch free play to 10mm in the existing clutch set. Though the thud sound reduced, clutch release bearing failed after some kms and I noticed little clutch slippage.

Actually when the existing clutch was opened, the clutch plate and cover assembly was found healthy. It is only the release bearing which was damaged. Anyway replaced all the three along with wire.

Don't know why the new clutch is also giving the same thud sound.

It will be helpful if anyone confirms the thud sound is present in their Alto.

This sound was observed in my Dzire, I have adjusted 10mm play, slowly noise reduced overtime. The spare parts are actually rejected parts falling beyond 5% standard deviation curve when manufacturing. These things they send it as spares.

Thread Starter #22
My humble Alto is facing this problem for the past 6 months.

I am feeling lack of brake bite. To explain clearly, the first 1 to 2 inches of the brake pedal has no effect on the brake. But the braking happens at the end of the pedal. The pedal travel is not long and has sufficient gap from the firewall.

Brake pads are TVS apache ones that has run 10k kms. Rear brake shoes are cleaned and adjusted. Month back mechanic suggested replacing the master cylinder which was promptly done using MGP MC.

Even after replacing the MC and bleeding the brakes with more than 1 litre brake oil, the brake bit is not there. But sudden braking and pedal travel is good. Only initial bite is missing.

Did all tricks such as cleaning the pads, lubrication of caliper pins, replacing rear wheel cylinders. But there is no bite and lack of response for this 2 inch pedal travel.

Earlier the brakes were super sharp. Just a little tap and you can feel the brakes are engaged. Now this is gone even after replacing all the parts. MASS is also clueless. Folks kindly help

Top Bottom