Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi - The Best

Thread Starter #1
Hi all- im totally new to this form so i thought i'd start by giving a brief descrip of my experiance with my Alto lxi

The M-S Alto Lxi-

Pros:- 1 much better than the 800
2 really awesome parking
3 excellent for Delhi traffic- i've pulled of stunts i could only imagine in another car.
4- if fitted with proper music equipment- makes an awesome experiance.
5- really good for frontseat rides.
6- really cheap maintence and drinks less fuel
7- Endurance- its hard to believe but i've near wasted this car in offroad conditions only SUVs could have handled- this car never let me down. It's small little engine faithfully got me out of many holes and climbed mountains and pushed through even some heavy flooding.

Cons- Size- the no-1 con of the Alto is its size- i really think a single door front-seat only version would have made more sense in this car because the backseat passengers basically feel- well stuck.

Speed-pickup-2- dont expect to be overtaking many cars quickly with this car especially when the a/cs are on. This car's engine basically yells like a newly branded cat at 90+ speeds.

Dents- the suspension is terribly dissappointing. During offroading you literally have to slow to a near halt over dents to avoid jumping wildly in the car.

This is the car i bought to learn driving but at the end i've gathered so many experiances with this car that my soul seems attached to it.

I'm still yet to be married but ive taken my fiance to so many places in this little bug-
1 kissing on lover's point in kasuli-
2 the chandigarh night-life.
3 caught kissing at sukhna lake by the moral police on valentines day.
4-dropping her off late at night-facing an angry mother-in-law
5-eating dinner at a drive through with full a/c in the backseat.

And many, many more. Unfortunately all dreams and memories eventually come to an end and so is time for my little Alto to go and make room for my new Sedan. Maybe i'll keep her with me even after the Sedan comes but then i dont have enough room my garage for the two of them.

This was my exp with my little baby- im preparing my next thread for help in getting a new sedan.

ty all God bless

@ MichaelrAngora, Welcome to TAI. Good to know that you have enjoyed your ride thoroughly. Thats important with any car [thumbsup] Yes you are right, Alto is a good car to learn driving and perfect it.

Last edited:
Indeed a great VFM first car.
Now a days 45k discount offer as it is slowly overtaken by new k10

This is indeed a good car for beginers. I bought one for my wife too (though she has been driving for a long time). Unfortunately our ownership experience was not very pleasant. Though the car is basic, there are a few cheap mods you can do to improve the car.

350Z

Core Team
Short and precise ownership review there. How old is the car? It seems that you share some sweet memories with your Alto. Do upload some pictures for us. And, lastly welcome to The Automotive India. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Alto is a great car.But the interiors are cramped.And it is easy to park anywhere.
Please post some pictures of it bro..[:D]

Cheers

Top Bottom