Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Nearing 40k Kms

Thread Starter #377
Update:

The car is doing fine apart from minor niggles. Due to my job switch, she was driven back to Nagpur. So she gets to taste some fine tarmac. I had earlier planned to sell off this car later this year, until I came to know about a family friend who is willing to take care of her. So I might hand over the car to him in November. The great thing is that I can visit her whenever I wish to. Here are some recent pics[:)].

Niggles:

• Fog lamps need replacement.
  • The parcel tray rattles are back, though they are audible only while crossing rough patches

DSC_0308.JPG
Playing around!

DSC_0194.JPG
She has to share her room with a partner.

DSC_0314.JPG

DSC_0321.JPG
Fogs need replacement

DSC_0322.JPG
New windshield

DSC_0323.JPG

DSC_0328.JPG
Dashboard

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0335.JPG
Their blessings helped clock the kms safely

DSC_0317.JPG
Goodyears doing a great job. Completed close to 12k kms.

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG
BL perfume

@Hey Akash you are really maintaining your ride so well and spot less.

What I like more in your are is the alloys, they give lot of rich look to your car buddy. Wishing you happy miles with it in future

Thread Starter #380
Finally the day I always feared of, has come. Today, the wonderful journey with my Alto comes to a halt. I don't know if it is normal or I am overreacting, but I feel heartbroken. Something inside me is crying out loud, but I feel helpless and can do nothing about it. Since I am shifting to US, I have no other option but to hand it over to my cousin in Orissa who is delighted with my decision. Though, I was solely responsible for this choice, I am still not able to get the feeling absorbed that I won’t be able to catch a glimpse of her, which I have a habit of doing every morning the moment I wake up since past so many years.
She will be missed very dearly.

Ready for the final wash before departure.
WP_20131204_005.jpg

Thread Starter #382
So when are you back ? Hope he takes care of this beautiful machine as you did. [:)]
I hope so but not expecting much from him, moreover I have no other option.

As for my return, I am going for my PG which requires 2 years, so no chance of permanent return before 2016.

Finally the day I always feared of, has come. Today, the wonderful journey with my Alto comes to a halt. I don't know if it is normal or I am overreacting, but I feel heartbroken. Something inside me is crying out loud, but I feel helpless and can do nothing about it. Since I am shifting to US, I have no other option but to hand it over to my cousin in Orissa who is delighted with my decision. Though, I was solely responsible for this choice, I am still not able to get the feeling absorbed that I won’t be able to catch a glimpse of her, which I have a habit of doing every morning the moment I wake up since past so many years.
She will be missed very dearly.

Ready for the final wash before departure.
View attachment 118094
Akash, That is really bad and I can feel (every TAIiger do the same) the pain on such situation. Anyway buddy, I think changes are permenant in this world. Hope you have wonderful time there in US (along with your studies[;)]) and return back to India soon.

350Z

Core Team
Finally the day I always feared of, has come. Today, the wonderful journey with my Alto comes to a halt. I don't know if it is normal or I am overreacting, but I feel heartbroken. Something inside me is crying out loud, but I feel helpless and can do nothing about it. Since I am shifting to US, I have no other option but to hand it over to my cousin in Orissa who is delighted with my decision.
She’s been travelling a lot of late, it seems. From Nagpur back to Orissa? May you be pampered with some muscle cars in the states. Best wishes! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #386
Oh !! that is really sad Akash !! but 2016 is not too far buddy, all the best to you and do return back to India
Thanks RKji.

Akash, That is really bad and I can feel (every TAIiger do the same) the pain on such situation. Anyway buddy, I think changes are permenant in this world. Hope you have wonderful time there in US (along with your studies and return back to India soon.
I bid goodbye to her today morning at 6am. And on the way the car was stopped by my driver who was on his way to our place. He thought it was me driving the car. Anyways, I guess its time to move on. Thanks a ton for the kind words Sethu sir.

She’s been travelling a lot of late, it seems. From Nagpur back to Orissa? May you be pampered with some muscle cars in the states. Best wishes!

Drive Safe,
350Z
In last 1.5 years, She had been to Madhya-Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttar-Pradesh and West Bengal. It includes 2 to and fro Nagpur-Ranchi trips[:D]. But let me confess that she never let me down in any way apart from windshield fluid drying out[:)].

Here are a few pics on the way from Allahabad to Ranchi.

Topping up the Windshield reservoir
DSC04492.JPG

Some where on GT Road
DSC04501.JPG

Thread Starter #390
Here comes a big news. Guess who's back!

Recap: I handed over my car to a family friend. Though, the car was fine till its last day with me, it encountered a strange problem on the way. After doing the journey halfway (about 350kms), it broke down and refused to start. The driver could manage to start it again in 10mins (after engine cooled down, My guess). Again after a few kms, it stopped. This continued for a few kms after which the driver took it to the nearest MASS and the problem was diagnosed as damaged head (all told by driver and bill details). Due to burnt gasket as well as bad head, the coolant was getting mixed with Oil. Finally the engine, radiator was flushed and the new fluids were put in for the car to reach its destination. The head was still not replaced since it was out of stock. The car did reach its destination safely but the issue cropped again. So finally, the head was replaced and hopefully the problem is now completely solved.

Oh god, why dont I reach the point directly?

Today: So I came to know about this from my parents, which hurt me to the core and I have decided to get it back once I complete my graduation. I know, it doesnt make sense do that, but being a petrol head, its hard for me to absorb the feeling of the car being in such a state. This small car has been a savior for me on several occasions and guess whats, its payback time. I intend to use it as my Project car. So good news guys, Baby Suzuki will soon make a comeback to The Automotive India[;)].

DSCN9742.JPG

Top Bottom