Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Nearing 40k Kms

wow your car looks stunning. the second photo looks great. btw I am getting only 15- 16 with ac! how can you achieve such a great mileage?

Rattling from parcel tray: This is the issue which I have failed to resolved. The 550W Kenwood speakers at the rear are a bit heavy due to which the tray has literally been hanging on the hooks. I was thinking of getting enclosures but i am not sure how they are fixed to the boot. Any pointers[roll]?
What type of tray are you using now? Wooden or fiber? A good MDF Tray with 1inch thickness and fixing curtain rails under it will prevent it from hanging or now a days,fiber parcel trays with reinforcing is available for nearly 1k.[:)]

Thread Starter #363
wow your car looks stunning. the second photo looks great. btw I am getting only 15- 16 with ac! how can you achieve such a great mileage?
Thanks Rakesh. No specific formula for that FE. On highways with 2 people on board, I usually floor the pedal and my normal cruising speed is 90-100kmph.

What type of tray are you using now? Wooden or fiber? A good MDF Tray with 1inch thickness and fixing curtain rails under it will prevent it from hanging or now a days,fiber parcel trays with reinforcing is available for nearly 1k.[:)]
I am currently using the wooden one. However earlier, I was using the MGA fiber one, but it too died pretty young. Furthermore, are you talking about those MGA trays.

350Z

Core Team
Akash, shot from co-driver's seat is absolutely superb! [thumbsup] Yes, I second Vibhor. Please stay away from bull bar, it also hampers the elegant look of your snowwhite.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #367
No,I meant aftermarket non OEM ones.[:)]
Ok, thanks. Let me try out the options available in Ranchi.

A friendly advice – Do not install the front guard. I have suggested it several times on the forum. You would know the reason I’m sure.
Even I am against installation of Bull bars, however, I would be install it only if I do not find a suitably stong brackets for Hella lamps installation.

Awesome shots. They are really scenic. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks.

Akash, shot from co-driver's seat is absolutely superb! [thumbsup] Yes, I second Vibhor. Please stay away from bull bar, it also hampers the elegant look of your snowwhite.
Thanks carfreak.

Last edited:
@akash, I love those pics man. Your alto looks great. BTW, how did you manage to take the last snap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #369
@akash, I love those pics man. Your alto looks great. BTW, how did u manage to take the last snap?
Thank you Sirji.

For the last snap, I took it from the co-driver seat. I held the camera out of the window and clicked the snap!

Thread Starter #371
I am updating this thread after quite long. The car is running fine. It has clocked 39k kms and is soon going to cross the 40k km mark[clap].

The running repairs during the last 5k kms included:

• Oil change
  • Filter replacement
  • Underbody checks/tightening
  • The steering rack job was redone since the noise cropped up again. It hasn't come up again [touchwood].
  • Windshield replaced: It had good number of scratches on it which led to excessive scattering of light which made night driving a tedious as well as risky job. The job was taken care by insurance company.
  • AC repairs: The gas leakage occurred due to breakage of pipe (thanks to me, On jharkhand roads, i drove Alto as if i was driving an SUV). Damage to the pocket: 4500 bucks only[:D]

Here are recent pics of my interstate drive last month.

Copy of Copy of DSCN9834.JPG

DSCN9805.JPG

DSCN9815.jpg

I like your White alto very much.

All the clicks are fantastic.
Thanks AppU. Apologies for the late reply.

Thread Starter #374
Nice pic's. Next time if you face issues with steering rack you can try to get PS installed.

Are those stock tires (145\80) ?
Yeah the size is stock, just the make changed from MRF ZVTS to Goodyear Ducaro Hi-miller[:)].

Yes its stock :)

@Akash

Bro Which engine oil are you using?[:)]
Till now, I have been using Mineral oil (usually Castrol).

Top Bottom