Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Nearing 40k Kms

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Now Spiced Up (Pg.12,13)

Guys, need your suggestions.

I have been thinking of painting my cars roof to black like many of our members. However, since my car commutes on dusty roads, i am hesistating to get the job done as it will only add to my cleaning efforts.

But i am seriously considering Paritally painting my spoiler to black color, if not the roof, similar to Civic's spoiler posted by MusicSwift in the other thread.

I wish to paint my spoiler like this.

A bad MS Paint job to show the end results.
View attachment 74695
glossy black top will look good. leave the spoiler as such.

Thread Starter #347
Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Now Spiced Up (Pg.12,13)

Your car looks cute. Don’t overdo with unwanted external modifications like partial black spoiler etc. Although I like glossy black roof similar to Raj’s Punto.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I am planning for the same. I would, initially, go for vinyl work, and if it is maintain'able, would go for paint job.

+1 to Vibhor

@Akash:Correct. Partial painting would not be looking good, maybe because Alto is a hatchback and doesn't has any long boot!
Yeah true, and the more the black color, more would be the cleaning effort.

Ok, even i am also a bit apprehensive on fiddling with the spoiler[roll].

BTW Baby Suzuki has just arrived from a 500kms drive (ofcourse with myself behind the wheel), courtesy, trip to BodhGaya & Rajgir.

DSCN8920.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #348
The year 2013 has not been a generous for my baby Suzuki. The car was rear ended by a Bolero last week. The damages to the pocket included Bumper replacement (which broke into 2), broken tail lamps, broken reg. plate.

Thanks to Maruti Suzuki, the repair didnt cost a bomb. The following work was done on my car:

1. Bumper replacement + Painting
2. Tail lamp replacement
3. Reg. plate replacement
4. Mudflaps replacement

The cost of the job (parts+labor) was Rs. 5500/- which IMO was much less than expected. Further, they completed my cars job on priority understanding the location problem of mine. Hence a 5 star rating from my side. This has been yet another time when i have returned satisfied from MASS.

Pics to come up soon.

Sad to hear about the accident. But am really happy to see the car enthu being happy with the ASS. [clap].

Btw could you please post the pics. Watching car wrecked pics is always a painful activity.

Thread Starter #350
Sad to hear about the accident. But am really happy to see the car enthu being happy with the ASS. [clap].

Btw could you please post the pics. Watching car wrecked pics is always a painful activity.
I dont have pics of my wrecked ride. I got it repaired last Sunday and is back to glory[:)].

The wrecking gets painful when the car get injured for no fault of yours.

Akash great to see your ride clocking 35000 Kms.
Wish you many more miles.

Sad to hear about the accident , hope everyone are safe.

Good to hear that car has been restored to normal.

Thread Starter #352
A note to my Baby Suzuki:

From no roads of countryside to the some of the best roads of India, you have been my companion, the one whom i can always rely on. There have been some real close shaves, but we successfully defeated them. In this friendship, i owe a lot to you. I wish i knew how i could pay you back for your awesome & pure companionship..

DSCN8767.JPG

Last edited:
I think I read the same note some where else also, It's your FB page. [clap].

I am not sure if you are married or not, but if you are then don't show this note to your wife else for sure you will be in line of fire from her.

Thread Starter #355
Sad to hear about the accident , hope everyone are safe.

Good to hear that car has been restored to normal.
Thanks Mukesh. The car was parked at my office parking when this Bolero guy kicked it from the rear.

I am not sure if you are married or not, but if you are then don't show this note to your wife else for sure you will be in line of fire from her.
Thankfully, i am not married yet, so i am safe[;)].

@ Akash, Nice lines and Wow! The Sepia effect gave a nostalgic touch to your Alto pic [:)] Good capture
Thanks buddy.

A note to my Baby Suzuki:

From no roads of countryside to the some of the best roads of India, you have been my companion, the one whom i can always rely on. There have been some real close shaves, but we successfully defeated them. In this friendship, i owe a lot to you. I wish i knew how i could pay you back for your awesome & pure companionship..

View attachment 80718
Fantastic Akash. That shows your love for your small whitey.

Guys, if you are planning for a low budget, good FE, low maintenance, good looking,comfort(on budget),car with re-sale then this is the car Maruti suzuki Alto.(another best seller)a Lxi added will give you more comfort on driving it is left on your budget.

Thread Starter #358
Fantastic Akash. That shows your love for your small whitey.
Thanks sir.

BTW here are the pics of my car after the repair works. I took her to Bodh Gaya so as to make her feel better after spending a day at MASS Bodyshop[;)].

DSCN9375.JPG

DSCN9558.JPG

Last edited:
@Akash

After 35k, you car looks really very good, you have maintained it very well though it is difficult white color.

2nd pic is really good and alloys too

Thread Starter #360
Update at 36888kms.

Repair job: Nil except fog lamp mounting replacement.

Fuel Efficiency: 19kmpl (with AC and 2 people onboard)

Servicing Details: (Done at local worshop since MASS is 100kms from my place)

• Engine Oil: Went for Shell Helix, costed around 1100bucks with Labor charge
  • Coolant Replaced: I was shocked to find that MASS had put in all water and almost no coolant when the car was serviced 4months back[anger]. Costed 225 bucks.
  • Windshield Washer fluid: Free of cost (10% collin solution)

The car is running fine except the following issues:

• Rattling from front: Diagnosed with fog lamp mounting issue (Replaced: 100bucks)
  • Rattling from parcel tray: This is the issue which I have failed to resolved. The 550W Kenwood speakers at the rear are a bit heavy due to which the tray has literally been hanging on the hooks. I was thinking of getting enclosures but i am not sure how they are fixed to the boot. Any pointers[roll]?

Future Mods:

• Hella Auxiliary Lamps (Replacement for stock fogs)
  • Bull bar for mounting the fogs. Only if i dont get strong holders for the Hella.

Some recent pics of my ride:

Repair job carried out at Tata-Fiat workshop, thumbs up for the workmanship
WP_001365.jpg

Photoshoot. I later came to know that this was one of the deadliest area (read Naxal Affected![surprise])
DSC03499.JPG

DSC03510.JPG

DSC03513.JPG

One of my personal favorites!
DSC03528.JPG

Failed HD effect, limitations of P&S cams!
DSC03535.JPG

DSC03541.JPG

For once, i tried sitting on Co-driver seat and this was the result!
DSC03565.JPG

EDIT: Thread title updated.

Last edited:

Top Bottom