Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Nearing 40k Kms

Thread Starter #316
Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto LX: Now Spiced Up (Pg.12,13)

On sunday my car was hit from the back by an Alto. I had parked my car near a tire shop and was waiting for my turn to get the alignment done. From now-where, this Alto guy came and banged into the rear bumper. In flash of seconds, the bumper was hanging. The guy stop to check the damage. However seeing my bay Alto hurt, i was furious, but controlled my anger, accessed the damage. In anger, scolded the driver of Alto, however, he seemed completely cool, which led to me, loosing my COOL. The tire shop guy who is a friend of mine snatched his car keys and asked to compensate for the damages. He was reluctant for the same, however, when i said that i am going for an FIR, he started behaving as if he was sorry for his acts. He was almost down to knees after which i let him go.
I went to the nearby mechanic, got the bumper fixed (clip replace), and touch up work done. The total damage to the pocket: Rs.102/-.

Already the bumper painting was due since long, so will go for it next month.

350Z

Core Team

I went to the nearby mechanic, got the bumper fixed (clip replace), and touch up work done. The total damage to the pocket: Rs.102/-.
The repair was cheap. Did that person pay anything to compensate for the damage? I hope there is no dent on the bumper?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #318

Yes, i made him pay 1000 bucks for the damages[lol]. Yes, thankfully, the accident made no dents neither on bumper nor body, however, the bumper paint got damaged in good amounts for which i will be going for complete painting. But due to time constriant and for the sake of visual pleasure, i went to a workshop (Tata-Fiat guy nearby) and got patched painting Job done. Although it isnt a neat, but still it is looking far better than the scratched one.

350Z

Core Team

the bumper paint got damaged in good amounts for which i will be going for complete painting.
Guess the paint job should cost less than what he paid. By the way, sometime back, I saw an Alto with LEDs and I instantly recalled your car. You were also looking for a set I think? Those LEDs (5 each side) were looking neat. I am attaching the following illustrated image for an idea.

Maruti-Suzuki-Alto-Bumper-LEDs.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes it will look good. I am planing to put some white led strips as DRL soon and will post a pic.

Thread Starter #321

Guess the paint job should cost less than what he paid. By the way, sometime back, I saw an Alto with LEDs and I instantly recalled your car. You were also looking for a set I think? Those LEDs (5 each side) were looking neat. I am attaching the following illustrated image for an idea.

View attachment 65490

Drive Safe,
350Z
Looks very neat and clean..
Thanks for the suggestion guys, since i have fog lamps, i dont think the installation would be easy. Further a good set of DRLs cost atleast 6k (Philips, not sure though), which i feel isnt a wise investment. I would rather go for a GPS like one bought by Vibhor by adding some bucks more[clap].

Also attaching a reference pic of how DRLs would look on my ride. (Marked in red)

yes it will look good. I am planing to put some white led strips as DRL soon and will post a pic.
Yeah do post the pics as soon as you install them. Maybe the pic may change my mind[;)]

PS: Also noticed that the gap between my cars Bonnet and grill is more than normal. Looks like i need to go for some hinge adjustment. Comments from fellow Alto owners would be appreciated. Attached pic for reference

DSC04211.JPG

350Z

Core Team

Also noticed that the gap between my cars Bonnet and grill is more than normal. Looks like i need to go for some hinge adjustment.
The difference looks negligible to me. What those red stripes are doing below the foglamps?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #323

The difference looks negligible to me. What those red stripes are doing below the foglamps?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have used MS Paint to give an idea of how the DRLs will look on my ride.

PS: Also noticed that the gap between my cars Bonnet and grill is more than normal. Looks like i need to go for some hinge adjustment. Comments from fellow Alto owners would be appreciated. Attached pic for reference
Hi Akash, dont worry about the gap. Its more or less the same in my Alto as well. Just enjoy the ride in your fab looking Alto. Do post the pics once DLRs are fixed. [thumbswink]

@Akash,

One question to you. When I recently sat in my friends Alto, it looked to me very cramped by space and somehow was unable to sit for long time. Have you ever felt like this, it was a new model K10.

Thread Starter #326

Hi Akash, dont worry about the gap. Its more or less the same in my Alto as well. Just enjoy the ride in your fab looking Alto. Do post the pics once DLRs are fixed. [thumbswink]
Thanks, no plans for getting the DRLs. I dont think they would last long considering the kind of roads i commute on!

@Akash,

One question to you. When I recently sat in my friends Alto, it looked to me very cramped by space and somehow was unable to sit for long time. Have you ever felt like this, it was a new model K10.
True. The car does feel cramped. As a matter of fact, my seat (driving) is pulled to extreme end to find a comfortable seating position.

Thread Starter #328

My baby Suzuki is performing its daily duty obediently. The odo is now close to 34K kms. The rattling thats happening due to aftermarket fog lamps is yet to be fixed.

Upgrades:

• The underdash leds changed. Now it has white illumination.
    WP_001141.jpg
  • Spoiler brake lamp replaced with new one.

Few pictures:

WP_001135.jpg

WP_001136.jpg

WP_001137.jpg

WP_001147.jpg

Your ride is looking nice bro. How much did you pay for those neons inside? Can they work through 12v power supply socket inside my car?

Top Bottom