Maruti Suzuki Alto K-10 Road Test Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats why Akash said "optional".
You need it and are concerned about your safety,you got it! If you dont want it and are on a budget, fine then too.
An option is not a problem for the VFM factor. I always wished when I took my .8ltr that they could have given atleast body coloured bumpers back then.
you have some point jalex..and i agree to it.:agree:

Took a long test drive alto k10. I also had alto lxi 2006 model. Seems maruti has got a perfect engine to it. Its a good small practical car. Also the cost of ownership is low. Few things would have been must,

1. Airbags and ABS ( A must nowadays)
2. Dead pedal (This is a must and I have requested Maruti people many times when they used to visit my home from their India HQ)
3. Good quality insulation from outside noises (I know I am asking more for the price tag)

Dead pedal is missing in a car like Polo , after we pay so much![frustration]

But i agree with you all these are much expected nowadays but being a Maruti people compromise these few things keeping in mind the low cost of ownership!

I have Alto k10 and Zen MPFI 2006
Driven both cars regularly and I feel both are almost same performance wise.
Alto k10 got slight high performance with 68PS.
Handling wise zen is a bit better than k10.
Suspension k10 wins over Zen
Driver seat is quite comfortable than zen
GC is good on k10.
rear bench space zen wins.

Alto k10 Power (PS@rpm) 68@6200
Alto k10 Torque ( Nm@rpm) 90@3500
Zen Power 60@6000
Zen Torque ( Nm@rpm) 78@4500

Detail comparison
Compare Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi vs Maruti Suzuki Zen VXi BS-III - CarWale

guys, has any one seen K10 with engine problems on your place? i have seen nearly 5-6 with engine being repaired for injector problem in my dealers workshop all are having same problem in the injector system.
and is BS IV 800cc also has the same AC system?

Pocket rocket at under 3.5 lakhs ! The K10 proves that you don't need to spend doles of money to have fun. Just put some better rubber and you are ready to rip. Being a cheap Maruti hatch, spares, service etc would be extremely economical. With acceleration figures to shame even some C segment cars, this car is the one to have if all one wants is to have fun with his/her car. Granted the interiors are horrible and the overall design is pretty old, but floor the accelerator and all would be forgiven. The added bonus of fuel efficiency is also most pleasing. This car is a worthy successor to the much loved Zen. Way to go, Maruti !

One question -- One of my friend sold his Hyundai getz gls for 1.91 lacs (5 yrs 35k kms). Now he wants to buy alto (either alto f8 or alto k10. Culprit is me as I have convinced him to buy what he "needs" rather than what he "wants"). However I had alto f8 lxi and he used to like it a lot. IMHO, alto k10 is worth the extra monies. I would like to know issues if any regarding alto k10.

Last edited:
One question -- One of my friend sold his Hyundai getz gls for 1.91 lacs (5 yrs 35k kms). Now he wants to buy alto (either alto f8 or alto k10. Culprit is me as I have convinced him to buy what he "needs" rather than what he "wants"). However I had alto f8 lxi and he used to like it a lot. IMHO, alto k10 is worth the extra monies. I would like to know issues if any regarding alto k10.
No issues at all. The fuel efficiency is slightly less than the F8 due to obvious reasons but apart from that, there is no reason to go for the F8 now that the K10 is here for just around Rs 30000 more. Tell your friend to blindfold himself and go for the K10.

@amiti i agree with sam. alto k10 is amazing choice. your friend can safely go with it buddy. no issues!!

Test drive a K10 and you will know the difference. There is 20 bhp difference between the two. Only the tyres needs to be upgraded to avoid body roll ONLY at high speeds. No other issues..

Hey guys my brothers friend is confused between, Alto K10 and Lx .

So which one should he go for.

I have suggested him Alto Vxi(K10) , Is the performance of this vehicle more than Zen Lx???

What do you all have to say?

Btw i shared the link of this thread with him.

If by Lx you mean the Alto 800 cc, I read in the papers a couple of days back that it might get discontinued by this Diwali.

Thread Starter #60
Hey guys my brothers friend is confused between, Alto K10 and Lx .

So which one should he go for.

I have suggested him Alto Vxi(K10) , Is the performance of this vehicle more than Zen Lx???

What do you all have to say?

Btw i shared the link of this thread with him.
You mean the Zen which you own?? The power of Alto K10 is indeed far superior to the old bean Zen. The Alto (K10) is the peppiest of all the Suzuki's which have the new K10 series heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom