Maruti Suzuki Alto K-10 Road Test Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-star has more safety features and also design wise A-star is more advanced. But people generally didn't like the look of A-star. Whereas Alto has classical look and people do love it.

Maruti has filled a gap, they had between Alto and A-star/Zen range. This is very suitable for those who wanted some extra power in Alto, with refreshed look. I see this will be a bigger hit.

So all in all its a great car & for a great price.

If a k12 is good enough to be in a swift the k10 is bound to be more than enough for the alto.

350Z

Core Team
got info from a reliable source that MSIL has instructed all the dealerships to rename as well as re-badge the new car as "maruti suzuki K10" and not "maruti suzuki alto K10".
Are you sure about it? That's quite a strange news and does it means that new lot of Alto K10 would come only with K10 Badge?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
@Umang- Thanks.
Yes, Alto Xfun came with two tone grey beige interiors. However i feel if they would have upgrade even the interiors, a customer would have no reason left to prefer an Astar over the K10 Alto. To be honest, i find Alto rear space much comfy as compared to that of Astar.

got info from a reliable source that MSIL has instructed all the dealerships to rename as well as re-badge the new car as "maruti suzuki K10" and not "maruti suzuki alto K10".
I am not aware of any such move. I will get in touch with the MSIL guy and get back to you.

Well done akash and vibhor.Well, personally speaking I didnt like K10.MSIL have done some serious changes when they reintroduced zen type-2.Total look and feel was different.But here other than engine and view from rear,very few nominal cosmetic and tech changes were done as they did between M800's '88 and '98 models.

Good pictures and report 350Z and Akash. I find the K10 to be a good upgrade to the existing Alto. After the success with the new blue eyed boy , i think they again have a winner on hand.

Thread Starter #28
Well done akash and vibhor.Well, personally speaking I didnt like K10.MSIL have done some serious changes when they reintroduced zen type-2.Total look and feel was different.But here other than engine and view from rear,very few nominal cosmetic and tech changes were done as they did between M800's '88 and '98 models.
Thank you Sir. Glad to have your view after such a long time.
BTW i feel the major reason why MSIL guys didnt go for a complete new look was due to Astar. Astar is struggling to sell in the intended volumes and if MSIL had gone for some new looks, they would have surely raised the price bracket which may have dented the sales of AStar.

@cooldhaya- Thanks, the showroom to which the test car belongs, had recieved more than 25 bookings without test drives. I wont be surprised to see longer waitinng periods for the K10 version. Though i feel Astar's sales will be surely get an impact soon. The sales figure will give a better idea.

@ilango- Thanks man.

@Mukesh- Thanks friend, yes atleast the drive is a lot better than the previous 800cc version.

Thread Starter #30
Thanks typer. Even one of my dads friend is going to book his Alto K10 soon. I personally know a few people who cancelled their WagonR booking(thanks to long Waiting periods) to book AltoK10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom