Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
How did I miss this thread?
Many congrats for the Alto 800. Alto and white. Reminds me of my old lazy baby suzuki. May you crunch lacs of happy miles on it.
BTW why no mods for this baby? Some light add ons like a spoiler (yeah i am obsessed with them) could turn this car into a looker!
Thanks, Akash. But I won't be using this car much. So the modifications (if at all any) will be limited.

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ OT , even our Alto 800 has done just 1700 kms in 9 months [frustration], because my dad drives very less and most of time out of town.

Compare that with Nano which I got 4 months now has done 3000 kms already.

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
^^ OT , even our Alto 800 has done just 1700 kms in 9 months, because my dad drives very less and most of time out of town.

Compare that with Nano which I got 4 months now has done 3000 kms already.
I mean the car will be used (in fact more than the Fiesta) but I won't be driving it too often. It's for rush hour commute. That's where Alto 800 performs at its best.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
First service was done last weekend. Since the car has covered ~500 Kms, I didn't opt for engine oil and filter replacement. It'll be done next time. Total Paid: Zero.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations for new Alto800
IDK why this car is seen less on road vis-a-vis Altok10
I think apart from the engine this little Alto800 is better than AltoK10 in every department.

On a lighter note, I must take classes on bargaining from you. :biggrin:

I was just drooling when you described Fabia. Surely, An enthusiast wouldn't let it go.
Alto 800 is better than old alto.but comparison with alto k10 is a joke..

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Second service was done recently. Service advisor was honest and advised not to unnecessarily opt for engine oil replacement. Came back with a bill of Rs.0, again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's really happy miles isn't it. Wish you many more happy miles. Just came across the thread today. Sorry for wishing you late, call me stupid:stupid:

Congratulations for new Alto800
IDK why this car is seen less on road vis-a-vis Altok10
I think apart from the engine this little Alto800 is better than AltoK10 in every department.

On a lighter note, I must take classes on bargaining from you. :biggrin:

I was just drooling when you described Fabia. Surely, An enthusiast wouldn't let it go.
How did you bargaining less that the Ex show room price including basic accessories?

Can you teach us?

Encounter007

Thread Starter #28

350Z

Core Team
How did you bargaining less that the Ex show room price including basic accessories?

Can you teach us?
There's no secret trick but I do consider combination of the following while buying a new car that helps in negotiating better:

> Car Model: This is the single biggest deciding factor. Slow-sellers will always fetch higher discounts.

> Price Check: Verify on-road prices with multiple dealerships beforehand and head towards the obvious one first.

> Old Unit: I don't mind purchasing a few months old unit as long as it's in perfect shape and I'm saving off some cash.

> Dealership Location: Usually the dealerships in remote locations are more willing to offer discounts than those in prominent areas.

> Season: Two seasons are my favorite: Mid-Year or Year-End. Former because it's a low-time in the industry. Latter because dealers are in rush to clear the stocks.

You've actually raised an interesting topic. Let me create a new thread on negotiating skills. I'm sure we can learn more from fellow TAI-Gers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

There's no secret trick but I do consider combination of the following while buying a new car that helps in negotiating better:

> Car Model: This is the single biggest deciding factor. Slow-sellers will always fetch higher discounts.

> Price Check: Verify on-road prices with multiple dealerships beforehand and head towards the obvious one first.

> Old Unit: I don't mind purchasing a few months old unit as long as it's in perfect shape and I'm saving off some cash.

> Dealership Location: Usually the dealerships in remote locations are more willing to offer discounts than those in prominent areas.

> Season: Two seasons are my favorite: Mid-Year or Year-End. Former because it's a low-time in the industry. Latter because dealers are in rush to clear the stocks.

You've actually raised an interesting topic. Let me create a new thread on negotiating skills. I'm sure we can learn more from fellow TAI-Gers.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Dear 350Z,

What is the topic of the tread?

I Can suggest you to create a tread with the topic of "Bargaining Experience with the dealers - How much saved quantum of money?"

Encounter007
Yet to own a car

Thanks for Guidance , Today i visited T R Sawhney Motors & Booked my Alto 800 lxi .
Price of our Maruti-Suzuki Alto 800 (LXI)

Model: Maruti-Suzuki Alto 800 (LXI) BLAZING RED
Color: BLAZING RED
Ex-Showroom price: Rs.308,658/-
Insurance price: Rs.13,181/-
Smart Card : Rs200
Handling charges: Rs.6000/-
HSRP Plat :Rs 213
Road Tax Delhi : Rs 12648
MCD Charges : Rs 2000
MGA Basic Kit : Rs 2164
AutoCard : Rs 600

(Total) On road price of Alto 800(LXI)= Rs. 349,708/-